Executive ability is prominent in your make-up.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from Campus

SubjectAuthor
* UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from CampusBTR1701
+* Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from CampusRhino
|+* Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from CampusBTR1701
||`* Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from CampusFPP
|| `* Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from CampusThe Horny Goat
||  `- Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from CampusPluted Pup
|`- Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from CampusThe Horny Goat
`* Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from CampusAdam H. Kerman
 `* Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from Campusshawn
  +* Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from CampusBTR1701
  |+* Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from CampusPluted Pup
  ||`* Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from CampusBTR1701
  || +- Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from CampusmoviePig
  || +- Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from CampusThe Horny Goat
  || `- Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from Campustrotsky
  |`* Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from CampusUbiquitous
  | `* Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from CampusThe Horny Goat
  |  `- Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from CampusUbiquitous
  `* Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from CampusAdam H. Kerman
   `- Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from CampusThe Horny Goat

1
UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from Campus

<JkadneTvQPh5O6z7nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=215020&group=rec.arts.tv#215020

From: atropos@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from Campus
Date: Wed, 01 May 2024 02:20:20 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 1 May 2024 02:20 UTC

Pro-Hamas protesters at UCLA started issuing wristbands to people they approve
of and barring access to a significant part of the campus to anyone who
doesn't have a wristband, specifically Jewish students.

Here's an audio recording of a phone call from a parent where the UCLA police
department admits they're intentionally violating dozens of federal civil
rights and equal access laws, not to mention the Constitution itself, by
allowing this to happen:

https://x.com/persianjewess/status/1785191365988811033

Imagine if a bunch of white kids had seized half of UCLA and were only
allowing white people in; excluding blacks from the classes and facilities
they'd paid tuition for. Does anyone think the UCLA police and/or
administration would be sitting on their hands then?

But when it's Jews, it's totes cool, even down to identifying the Jews based
on what they're wearing or not wearing. That doesn't sound Nazi-esque or
anything.

And all this from 'progressive' Democrats who've spent the last four years
braying that Trump that was going to destroy 'muh democracy'.

Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from Campus

<20240430231553.000043f8@example.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=215025&group=rec.arts.tv#215025

From: no_offline_contact@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 23:15:53 -0400
 by: Rhino - Wed, 1 May 2024 03:15 UTC

On Wed, 01 May 2024 02:20:20 +0000
BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

> Pro-Hamas protesters at UCLA started issuing wristbands to people
> they approve of and barring access to a significant part of the
> campus to anyone who doesn't have a wristband, specifically Jewish
> students.
>
> Here's an audio recording of a phone call from a parent where the
> UCLA police department admits they're intentionally violating dozens
> of federal civil rights and equal access laws, not to mention the
> Constitution itself, by allowing this to happen:
>
> https://x.com/persianjewess/status/1785191365988811033
>
> Imagine if a bunch of white kids had seized half of UCLA and were only
> allowing white people in; excluding blacks from the classes and
> facilities they'd paid tuition for. Does anyone think the UCLA police
> and/or administration would be sitting on their hands then?
>
> But when it's Jews, it's totes cool, even down to identifying the
> Jews based on what they're wearing or not wearing. That doesn't sound
> Nazi-esque or anything.
>
> And all this from 'progressive' Democrats who've spent the last four
> years braying that Trump that was going to destroy 'muh democracy'.

More of the same staggering hypocrisy that they've been practicing for
years now. I think we would be a lot better off defunding the
universities than the police at this point. We also need to put serious
pressure on the authorities to disallow this sort of flagrant
segregation. That means calls to the people in charge and civil suits
if the phone calls aren't enough. Hamas cannot be in charge of the
campuses, much as they seem to want that. (We're having some campus
occupations by the Hamas lovers on this side of the border too.)

--
Rhino

Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from Campus

<v0se5t$2uo47$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=215029&group=rec.arts.tv#215029

From: ahk@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 1 May 2024 03:50:21 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 1 May 2024 03:50 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>Pro-Hamas protesters at UCLA started issuing wristbands to people they approve
>of and barring access to a significant part of the campus to anyone who
>doesn't have a wristband, specifically Jewish students.

>Here's an audio recording of a phone call from a parent where the UCLA police
>department admits they're intentionally violating dozens of federal civil
>rights and equal access laws, not to mention the Constitution itself, by
>allowing this to happen:

>https://x.com/persianjewess/status/1785191365988811033

Aren't the police REQUIRED to refuse to follow an illegal order to deny
someone his civil rights?

Shudder

I feel obligated to wear the yellow armband with star of David in
solidarity with the Jewish students who are being discriminated against.

>Imagine if a bunch of white kids had seized half of UCLA and were only
>allowing white people in; excluding blacks from the classes and facilities
>they'd paid tuition for. Does anyone think the UCLA police and/or
>administration would be sitting on their hands then?

>But when it's Jews, it's totes cool, even down to identifying the Jews based
>on what they're wearing or not wearing. That doesn't sound Nazi-esque or
>anything.

>And all this from 'progressive' Democrats who've spent the last four years
>braying that Trump that was going to destroy 'muh democracy'.

Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from Campus

<atropos-870309.21172030042024@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=215031&group=rec.arts.tv#215031

From: atropos@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 21:17:20 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 1 May 2024 04:17 UTC

In article <20240430231553.000043f8@example.com>,

> On Wed, 01 May 2024 02:20:20 +0000
> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
> > Pro-Hamas protesters at UCLA started issuing wristbands to people
> > they approve of and barring access to a significant part of the
> > campus to anyone who doesn't have a wristband, specifically Jewish
> > students.
> >
> > Here's an audio recording of a phone call from a parent where the
> > UCLA police department admits they're intentionally violating dozens
> > of federal civil rights and equal access laws, not to mention the
> > Constitution itself, by allowing this to happen:
> >
> > https://x.com/persianjewess/status/1785191365988811033
> >
> > Imagine if a bunch of white kids had seized half of UCLA and were only
> > allowing white people in; excluding blacks from the classes and
> > facilities they'd paid tuition for. Does anyone think the UCLA police
> > and/or administration would be sitting on their hands then?
> >
> > But when it's Jews, it's totes cool, even down to identifying the
> > Jews based on what they're wearing or not wearing. That doesn't sound
> > Nazi-esque or anything.
> >
> > And all this from 'progressive' Democrats who've spent the last four
> > years braying that Trump that was going to destroy 'muh democracy'.

> More of the same staggering hypocrisy that they've been practicing for
> years now. I think we would be a lot better off defunding the
> universities than the police at this point. We also need to put serious
> pressure on the authorities to disallow this sort of flagrant
> segregation. That means calls to the people in charge and civil suits
> if the phone calls aren't enough. Hamas cannot be in charge of the
> campuses, much as they seem to want that. (We're having some campus
> occupations by the Hamas lovers on this side of the border too.)

I love that the same people who are organizing and funding the far left
riots on universities in the northeast, went down to Florida and tried
the same thing and they faculty and students sent them packing.

Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from Campus

<8sg33j19s3iosla7ptfll5pfctsolviera@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=215038&group=rec.arts.tv#215038

From: nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 01 May 2024 00:25:44 -0400
 by: shawn - Wed, 1 May 2024 04:25 UTC

On Wed, 1 May 2024 03:50:21 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>>Pro-Hamas protesters at UCLA started issuing wristbands to people they approve
>>of and barring access to a significant part of the campus to anyone who
>>doesn't have a wristband, specifically Jewish students.
>
>>Here's an audio recording of a phone call from a parent where the UCLA police
>>department admits they're intentionally violating dozens of federal civil
>>rights and equal access laws, not to mention the Constitution itself, by
>>allowing this to happen:
>
>>https://x.com/persianjewess/status/1785191365988811033
>
>Aren't the police REQUIRED to refuse to follow an illegal order to deny
>someone his civil rights?
>
>Shudder
>
>I feel obligated to wear the yellow armband with star of David in
>solidarity with the Jewish students who are being discriminated against.

I wouldn't do that but if I needed to get across the campus and the
quickest path way was through their encampment I wouldn't hesitate to
walk through it. All without wearing any sort of arm band marking me
as being with them or against them.

>>Imagine if a bunch of white kids had seized half of UCLA and were only
>>allowing white people in; excluding blacks from the classes and facilities
>>they'd paid tuition for. Does anyone think the UCLA police and/or
>>administration would be sitting on their hands then?

Sadly that's all too true. We've been conditioned over the years to
over-react when it comes to the mistreatment of blacks.

>>But when it's Jews, it's totes cool, even down to identifying the Jews based
>>on what they're wearing or not wearing. That doesn't sound Nazi-esque or
>>anything.

>>And all this from 'progressive' Democrats who've spent the last four years
>>braying that Trump that was going to destroy 'muh democracy'.

People aren't perfect. Hopefully someone in the administration comes
to realize the problem with treating one group differently from the
other.

Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from Campus

<o3l33jp1c05fkddp4ud6k5i8afatgg4183@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=215052&group=rec.arts.tv#215052

From: lcraver@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 22:35:58 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Wed, 1 May 2024 05:35 UTC

On Tue, 30 Apr 2024 23:15:53 -0400, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>More of the same staggering hypocrisy that they've been practicing for
>years now. I think we would be a lot better off defunding the
>universities than the police at this point. We also need to put serious
>pressure on the authorities to disallow this sort of flagrant
>segregation. That means calls to the people in charge and civil suits
>if the phone calls aren't enough. Hamas cannot be in charge of the
>campuses, much as they seem to want that. (We're having some campus
>occupations by the Hamas lovers on this side of the border too.)

Yup - they just set up a tent city at my alma mater UBC yesterday -
which could be interesting since it's on the main route for the
graduating students to march on their way to graduation ceremonies in
3 weeks' time.....this should be good

Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from Campus

<atropos-C66101.22470930042024@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=215054&group=rec.arts.tv#215054

From: atropos@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 22:47:09 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 1 May 2024 05:47 UTC

In article <8sg33j19s3iosla7ptfll5pfctsolviera@4ax.com>,

> On Wed, 1 May 2024 03:50:21 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
> >BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> >
> >>Pro-Hamas protesters at UCLA started issuing wristbands to people they
> >>approve of and barring access to a significant part of the campus to
> >>anyone who doesn't have a wristband, specifically Jewish students.
> >
> >>Here's an audio recording of a phone call from a parent where the UCLA
> >>police department admits they're intentionally violating dozens of
> >>federal civil rights and equal access laws, not to mention the
> >>Constitution itself, by allowing this to happen:
> >
> >>https://x.com/persianjewess/status/1785191365988811033
> >
> >Aren't the police REQUIRED to refuse to follow an illegal order to deny
> >someone his civil rights?
> >
> >Shudder
> >
> >I feel obligated to wear the yellow armband with star of David in
> >solidarity with the Jewish students who are being discriminated against.
>
> I wouldn't do that but if I needed to get across the campus and the
> quickest path way was through their encampment I wouldn't hesitate to
> walk through it. All without wearing any sort of arm band marking me
> as being with them or against them.
>
> >>Imagine if a bunch of white kids had seized half of UCLA and were only
> >>allowing white people in; excluding blacks from the classes and
> >>facilities they'd paid tuition for. Does anyone think the UCLA police
> >>and/or administration would be sitting on their hands then?
>
> Sadly that's all too true. We've been conditioned over the years to
> over-react when it comes to the mistreatment of blacks.

Going in with force and arresting all the white kids would not be an
over-reaction in that case. It would be appropriate thing to do and it's
what they'd deserve. What's happening now at UCLA is an appalling
*under-reaction* by government officials and the school administration.

> >>But when it's Jews, it's totes cool, even down to identifying the Jews
> >>based on what they're wearing or not wearing. That doesn't sound
> >>Nazi-esque or anything.
>
> >>And all this from 'progressive' Democrats who've spent the last four
> >>years braying that Trump that was going to destroy 'muh democracy'.
>
> People aren't perfect. Hopefully someone in the administration comes
> to realize the problem with treating one group differently from the
> other.

Or failing that, maybe they could, you know, obey the goddam law.
Eisenhower sent federal troops in to put the racists in their place when
they were keeping black kids out of school in Alabama. Newsom should do
the same with the national guard at UCLA if the police won't do their
job. And the state police should arrest any school administrator who
gave instruction that allowed this to happen.

This is just another example of how you can pretty much get away with
anything if your politics align with the leftist agenda.

Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from Campus

<v0tfsv$368n5$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=215094&group=rec.arts.tv#215094

From: ahk@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 1 May 2024 13:25:51 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 1 May 2024 13:25 UTC

>Wed, 1 May 2024 03:50:21 -0000 (UTC), Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com>:
>>BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>>Pro-Hamas protesters at UCLA started issuing wristbands to people they
>>>approve of and barring access to a significant part of the campus to
>>>anyone who doesn't have a wristband, specifically Jewish students.

>>>Here's an audio recording of a phone call from a parent where the
>>>UCLA police department admits they're intentionally violating dozens
>>>of federal civil rights and equal access laws, not to mention the
>>>Constitution itself, by allowing this to happen:

>>>https://x.com/persianjewess/status/1785191365988811033

>>Aren't the police REQUIRED to refuse to follow an illegal order to deny
>>someone his civil rights?

>>Shudder

>>I feel obligated to wear the yellow armband with star of David in
>>solidarity with the Jewish students who are being discriminated against.

>I wouldn't do that but if I needed to get across the campus and the
>quickest path way was through their encampment I wouldn't hesitate to
>walk through it. All without wearing any sort of arm band marking me
>as being with them or against them.

They are enforcing their occupation and acts of discrimination by
physically impeding progress and battery. Are you going to allow
yourself to get beaten up to oppose a wanton act of discrimination?

>>>Imagine if a bunch of white kids had seized half of UCLA and were only
>>>allowing white people in; excluding blacks from the classes and facilities
>>>they'd paid tuition for. Does anyone think the UCLA police and/or
>>>administration would be sitting on their hands then?

>Sadly that's all too true. We've been conditioned over the years to
>over-react when it comes to the mistreatment of blacks.

"We"? Speak for yourself. I might react in thought to what I read, but I
certainly hope if I were a witness to a battery I might intervene to
assist a victim without regard to skin color. If I "see color" in the
victim, then I'm a bad actor too.

>>>But when it's Jews, it's totes cool, even down to identifying the Jews based
>>>on what they're wearing or not wearing. That doesn't sound Nazi-esque or
>>>anything.

>>>And all this from 'progressive' Democrats who've spent the last four years
>>>braying that Trump that was going to destroy 'muh democracy'.

>People aren't perfect. Hopefully someone in the administration comes
>to realize the problem with treating one group differently from the
>other.

How? The administration is currently committing bad acts by allowing
batteries and discrimination to continue. They should be fired.

Who cares about their potential to not do the wrong thing in future? The
point you are willfully ignoring is that they are doing the wrong thing
RIGHT NOW and should be fired for it.

Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from Campus

<v0tibe$36ss8$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=215109&group=rec.arts.tv#215109

From: fredp1571@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 1 May 2024 10:07:42 -0400
 by: FPP - Wed, 1 May 2024 14:07 UTC

On 5/1/24 12:17 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <20240430231553.000043f8@example.com>,
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 01 May 2024 02:20:20 +0000
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Pro-Hamas protesters at UCLA started issuing wristbands to people
>>> they approve of and barring access to a significant part of the
>>> campus to anyone who doesn't have a wristband, specifically Jewish
>>> students.
>>>
>>> Here's an audio recording of a phone call from a parent where the
>>> UCLA police department admits they're intentionally violating dozens
>>> of federal civil rights and equal access laws, not to mention the
>>> Constitution itself, by allowing this to happen:
>>>
>>> https://x.com/persianjewess/status/1785191365988811033
>>>
>>> Imagine if a bunch of white kids had seized half of UCLA and were only
>>> allowing white people in; excluding blacks from the classes and
>>> facilities they'd paid tuition for. Does anyone think the UCLA police
>>> and/or administration would be sitting on their hands then?
>>>
>>> But when it's Jews, it's totes cool, even down to identifying the
>>> Jews based on what they're wearing or not wearing. That doesn't sound
>>> Nazi-esque or anything.
>>>
>>> And all this from 'progressive' Democrats who've spent the last four
>>> years braying that Trump that was going to destroy 'muh democracy'.
>
>> More of the same staggering hypocrisy that they've been practicing for
>> years now. I think we would be a lot better off defunding the
>> universities than the police at this point. We also need to put serious
>> pressure on the authorities to disallow this sort of flagrant
>> segregation. That means calls to the people in charge and civil suits
>> if the phone calls aren't enough. Hamas cannot be in charge of the
>> campuses, much as they seem to want that. (We're having some campus
>> occupations by the Hamas lovers on this side of the border too.)
>
> I love that the same people who are organizing and funding the far left
> riots on universities in the northeast, went down to Florida and tried
> the same thing and they faculty and students sent them packing.

Brown did it right. They had their protests and tents... but in the
end, they did the smart thing and negotiated peacefully and everybody
came away with something.

No arrests, no expulsions, no vandalism.
--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from Campus

<0ko53j92mrab43lhs4ncsjt52pgg9bvjr2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=215144&group=rec.arts.tv#215144

From: lcraver@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 01 May 2024 17:51:51 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Thu, 2 May 2024 00:51 UTC

On Wed, 1 May 2024 13:25:51 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>"We"? Speak for yourself. I might react in thought to what I read, but I
>certainly hope if I were a witness to a battery I might intervene to
>assist a victim without regard to skin color. If I "see color" in the
>victim, then I'm a bad actor too.

Agreed - and I hope were I in that situation I would do the same even
if at some bodily risk myself

And if it were at my alma mater (which current does have a camp) I
would have no hesitation telling them in no uncertain terms why they
should remove me from their potential contributor list.

I greatly respect those who taught me (even attended the funeral of
one of them which was interesting since I had never attended a Jewish
funeral before but I was going on behalf of a non-profit he and I had
both been involved with and the family was happy to hear me say after
my personal introduction "on behalf of the ____ federation, thank you
all of you for giving him to us for awhile") but that was then, this
is now and the post-secondary education system has taken some dark
dark steps in the years since my graduation.

Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from Campus

<qto53jpr1kitvar4ca902mbormnj8l483o@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=215145&group=rec.arts.tv#215145

From: lcraver@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 01 May 2024 17:53:31 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Thu, 2 May 2024 00:53 UTC

On Wed, 1 May 2024 10:07:42 -0400, FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com> wrote:

>Brown did it right. They had their protests and tents... but in the
>end, they did the smart thing and negotiated peacefully and everybody
>came away with something.

I've already said on my local newpaper's site "The protesters had
BETTER not have any promises concerning the university's investment
decisions going forwards!" and emphasized I was speaking as a PO'd
alumnus.

Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from Campus

<0001HW.2BE3F9F6015F8CCD306B9938F@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=215196&group=rec.arts.tv#215196

Date: Thu, 02 May 2024 09:42:30 -0700
From: plutedpup@outlook.com (Pluted Pup)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
 by: Pluted Pup - Thu, 2 May 2024 16:42 UTC

On Wed, 01 May 2024 17:53:31 -0700, The Horny Goat wrote:

> On Wed, 1 May 2024 10:07:42 -0400, FPP<fredp1571@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Brown did it right. They had their protests and tents... but in the
> > end, they did the smart thing and negotiated peacefully and everybody
> > came away with something.
>
> I've already said on my local newpaper's site "The protesters had
> BETTER not have any promises concerning the university's investment
> decisions going forwards!" and emphasized I was speaking as a PO'd
> alumnus.

So you are angry that the universities "investments"
in Israel might be questioned?

Remember there is a BDS movement because universities
are investing in Israel for political purposes.

Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from Campus

<0001HW.2BE4030C0161AE13306B9938F@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=215197&group=rec.arts.tv#215197

Date: Thu, 02 May 2024 10:21:16 -0700
From: plutedpup@outlook.com (Pluted Pup)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
 by: Pluted Pup - Thu, 2 May 2024 17:21 UTC

On Tue, 30 Apr 2024 22:47:09 -0700, BTR1701 wrote:

> In article<8sg33j19s3iosla7ptfll5pfctsolviera@4ax.com>,
> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 1 May 2024 03:50:21 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
> > <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> > > Aren't the police REQUIRED to refuse to follow an illegal order to deny
> > > someone his civil rights?
> > >
> > > Shudder
> > >
> > > I feel obligated to wear the yellow armband with star of David in
> > > solidarity with the Jewish students who are being discriminated against.
> >
> > I wouldn't do that but if I needed to get across the campus and the
> > quickest path way was through their encampment I wouldn't hesitate to
> > walk through it. All without wearing any sort of arm band marking me
> > as being with them or against them.

> > Sadly that's all too true. We've been conditioned over the years to
> > over-react when it comes to the mistreatment of blacks.
>
> Going in with force and arresting all the white kids would not be an
> over-reaction in that case. It would be appropriate thing to do and it's
> what they'd deserve. What's happening now at UCLA is an appalling
> *under-reaction* by government officials and the school administration.

Calling out the military whenever there's an
accusation of antisemitism is an example
of overreaction. When is there *not* an accusation
of antisemitism?

Attacking antisemites is the central meaning of
being Jewish so we are in a permanent situation
of Jews attacking non-Jews for antisemitism.

> > People aren't perfect. Hopefully someone in the administration comes
> > to realize the problem with treating one group differently from the
> > other.
>
> Or failing that, maybe they could, you know, obey the goddam law.
> Eisenhower sent federal troops in to put the racists in their place when
> they were keeping black kids out of school in Alabama. Newsom should do
> the same with the national guard at UCLA if the police won't do their
> job. And the state police should arrest any school administrator who
> gave instruction that allowed this to happen.
>
> This is just another example of how you can pretty much get away with
> anything if your politics align with the leftist agenda.

Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from Campus

<atropos-279599.10380602052024@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=215199&group=rec.arts.tv#215199

From: atropos@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 02 May 2024 10:38:06 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 2 May 2024 17:38 UTC

In article <0001HW.2BE4030C0161AE13306B9938F@news.giganews.com>,
Pluted Pup <plutedpup@outlook.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Apr 2024 22:47:09 -0700, BTR1701 wrote:
>
> > In article<8sg33j19s3iosla7ptfll5pfctsolviera@4ax.com>,
> > shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

> > > I wouldn't do that but if I needed to get across the campus and the
> > > quickest path way was through their encampment I wouldn't hesitate to
> > > walk through it. All without wearing any sort of arm band marking me
> > > as being with them or against them.

> > > Sadly that's all too true. We've been conditioned over the years to
> > > over-react when it comes to the mistreatment of blacks.
> >
> > Going in with force and arresting all the white kids would not be an
> > over-reaction in that case. It would be appropriate thing to do and it's
> > what they'd deserve. What's happening now at UCLA is an appalling
> > *under-reaction* by government officials and the school administration.
>
> Calling out the military whenever there's an accusation of antisemitism
> is an example of overreaction.

They could have just had campus police come out and pull down the
makeshift anti-Jew checkpoints when they started and made clear that
sort of shit would not be tolerated and if they tried it again, they'd
be arrested.

Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from Campus

<v10qo6$1fju$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=215205&group=rec.arts.tv#215205

From: weberm@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 02 May 2024 15:49:26 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 2 May 2024 19:49 UTC

atropos@mac.com wrote:
> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> Aren't the police REQUIRED to refuse to follow an illegal order to deny
>>> someone his civil rights?
>>>
>>> Shudder
>>>
>>>I feel obligated to wear the yellow armband with star of David in
>>>solidarity with the Jewish students who are being discriminated against.
>>
>> I wouldn't do that but if I needed to get across the campus and the
>> quickest path way was through their encampment I wouldn't hesitate to
>> walk through it. All without wearing any sort of arm band marking me
>> as being with them or against them.

>> Sadly that's all too true. We've been conditioned over the years to
>> over-react when it comes to the mistreatment of blacks.
>
>Going in with force and arresting all the white kids would not be an
>over-reaction in that case. It would be appropriate thing to do and it's
>what they'd deserve. What's happening now at UCLA is an appalling
>*under-reaction* by government officials and the school administration.

I'd settle for forcing them go on a starvation diet, a _real_ starvation
diet.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from Campus

<v11477$3qmg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=215214&group=rec.arts.tv#215214

From: nobody@nowhere.com (moviePig)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 18:31:02 -0400
 by: moviePig - Thu, 2 May 2024 22:31 UTC

On 5/2/2024 1:38 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <0001HW.2BE4030C0161AE13306B9938F@news.giganews.com>,
> Pluted Pup <plutedpup@outlook.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 30 Apr 2024 22:47:09 -0700, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Going in with force and arresting all the white kids would not be an
>>> over-reaction in that case. It would be appropriate thing to do and it's
>>> what they'd deserve. What's happening now at UCLA is an appalling
>>> *under-reaction* by government officials and the school administration.
>>
>> Calling out the military whenever there's an accusation of antisemitism
>> is an example of overreaction.
>
> They could have just had campus police come out and pull down the
> makeshift anti-Jew checkpoints when they started and made clear that
> sort of shit would not be tolerated and if they tried it again, they'd
> be arrested.

If I remember correctly, antisemitism has been shown to be a
particularly virulent, communicable form of racism, capable of
corrupting and destroying entire societies. I'm not sure that
'overreaction' would be my first concern here.

Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from Campus

<87f83jdsbklpmojgimqp20qr6qu8vl7sbq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=215228&group=rec.arts.tv#215228

From: lcraver@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 02 May 2024 18:25:52 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Fri, 3 May 2024 01:25 UTC

On Thu, 02 May 2024 10:38:06 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>> > Going in with force and arresting all the white kids would not be an
>> > over-reaction in that case. It would be appropriate thing to do and it's
>> > what they'd deserve. What's happening now at UCLA is an appalling
>> > *under-reaction* by government officials and the school administration.
>>
>> Calling out the military whenever there's an accusation of antisemitism
>> is an example of overreaction.
>
>They could have just had campus police come out and pull down the
>makeshift anti-Jew checkpoints when they started and made clear that
>sort of shit would not be tolerated and if they tried it again, they'd
>be arrested.

Your version is of course what they SHOULD have done even if they were
going to leave the encampments in place (which I don't think they
should have done at any rate)

Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from Campus

<iaf83j961ps7e755o9u6j9ui5d6arebqms@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=215229&group=rec.arts.tv#215229

From: lcraver@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 02 May 2024 18:27:14 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Fri, 3 May 2024 01:27 UTC

On Thu, 02 May 2024 15:49:26 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
wrote:

>>Going in with force and arresting all the white kids would not be an
>>over-reaction in that case. It would be appropriate thing to do and it's
>>what they'd deserve. What's happening now at UCLA is an appalling
>>*under-reaction* by government officials and the school administration.
>
>I'd settle for forcing them go on a starvation diet, a _real_ starvation
>diet.

In other words "gutless wonder" is not an unfair description of the
powers that be in this case...

Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from Campus

<17cbf120a31b7ede$1963$3421312$10d55a65@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=215255&group=rec.arts.tv#215255

Date: Fri, 3 May 2024 04:40:05 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsingh@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Fri, 3 May 2024 09:40 UTC

On 5/2/24 12:38 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <0001HW.2BE4030C0161AE13306B9938F@news.giganews.com>,
> Pluted Pup <plutedpup@outlook.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 30 Apr 2024 22:47:09 -0700, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Going in with force and arresting all the white kids would not be an
>>> over-reaction in that case. It would be appropriate thing to do and it's
>>> what they'd deserve. What's happening now at UCLA is an appalling
>>> *under-reaction* by government officials and the school administration.
>>
>> Calling out the military whenever there's an accusation of antisemitism
>> is an example of overreaction.
>
> They could have just had campus police come out and pull down the
> makeshift anti-Jew checkpoints when they started and made clear that
> sort of shit would not be tolerated and if they tried it again, they'd
> be arrested.

Well anonyshitted.

Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from Campus

<v12ibd$gtvk$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=215264&group=rec.arts.tv#215264

From: weberm@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 03 May 2024 04:30:43 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 3 May 2024 08:30 UTC

lcraver@home.ca wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>>Going in with force and arresting all the white kids would not be an
>>>over-reaction in that case. It would be appropriate thing to do and it's
>>>what they'd deserve. What's happening now at UCLA is an appalling
>>>*under-reaction* by government officials and the school administration.
>>
>>I'd settle for forcing them go on a starvation diet, a _real_ starvation
>>diet.
>
>In other words "gutless wonder" is not an unfair description of the
>powers that be in this case...

You would be correct, sir!

--
Let's go Brandon!

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: UCLA Allows Protesters to Exclude Jewish Students from Campus