Please help keep the world clean: others may wish to use it.

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Big Country Play Want Bin (PWBE 17 Jul 2023)

SubjectAuthor
* Big Country Play Want Bin (PWBE 17 Jul 2023)Kendrick Kerwin Chua
+* Big Country Play Want Bin (PWBE 17 Jul 2023)Jaimie Vandenbergh
|`- Big Country Play Want Bin (PWBE 17 Jul 2023)Kendrick Kerwin Chua
`- Big Country Play Want Bin (PWBE 17 Jul 2023)Russell Marks

1
Big Country Play Want Bin (PWBE 17 Jul 2023)

<lVudnXqE87bJvCj5nZ2dnZfqn_SdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1392&group=uk.games.video.misc#1392

Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Big Country Play Want Bin (PWBE 17 Jul 2023)
From: kendrick@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 11:09:08 +0000
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 17 Jul 2023 11:09 UTC

Is Big Country technically a one-hit wonder? I feel like they have an
extensive discography that I just have never heard any of because the
only thing that got any plan was their eponymous title track. This is on
my mind because I found my useless novelty child bagpipes that you can't
actually plan without mechanical assistance.

Play:
--=--

Nothing (RL) - I think I maybe managed five minutes of Bolo on my Linux
server? Because VNC is such an ideal method of enjoying a 2D shooter.
It's been a weekend of obligation, disappointment and gardening.
Genuinely thinking about using the US equivalent of Gumtree and putting
a bunch of crap out on the pavement in front of my house with 'Free To
Take Home' signs on them just so I don't fall further behind on all the
crap I've planned and never come back to.

Want:
--=--

A JPN-region Wii (Wii) - Yes, I can run emulators just fine. But there's
something authentic and valuable about having real hardware to run the
real games, which is why I went to all that trouble to replace my
JPN-region PS2 after it died. Granted, I did quite a bit of research and
discovered that I now own the only JPN-region exclusive of any note (the
first release of Tatsunoko vs Capcom, if you're interested) so I'd be
buying the silly thing for only one game. I've spent more for worse
reasons.

Bin:
-==-

Youtube on TV (TV) - The app is broken. Oh, it plays content fine, but
what happens is whatever line of selections you're on blows up to double
size so that each thumbmnail literally takes up a quarter of the screen.
You can't see anything else beyond the next selection, and the behaviour
they're transparently trying to encourage is 'Well, you're here already.
Why not watch this?' when 'this' is probably the advert they've inserted
into your search results. Fuck off Google, fix your app and put it back
the way it was if you expect anybody to keep using it in this form
factor. I keep joking about writing a Python script that checks for
content from creators I pay attention to and then just passively runs
yt-dlp to store them on a DLNA server for me to view later. That seems
like the sensible alternative now.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $2,838

Record of Agarest War (NSW) - $72 (limited edition)
Astria Ascending (NSW) - $20
Monark (NSW) - $27
Megadimension Neptunia VII (NSW) - $35
Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age (NSW) - $24

Total to date - $3,016

-KKC, can't stay here with every single hop you had shattered.

Re: Big Country Play Want Bin (PWBE 17 Jul 2023)

<khljdfF7et0U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1393&group=uk.games.video.misc#1393

From: jaimie@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: Big Country Play Want Bin (PWBE 17 Jul 2023)
Date: 17 Jul 2023 19:34:07 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Mon, 17 Jul 2023 19:34 UTC

On 17 Jul 2023 at 12:09:08 BST, "Kendrick Kerwin Chua"
<kendrick@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:

> I keep joking about writing a Python script that checks for
> content from creators I pay attention to and then just passively runs
> yt-dlp to store them on a DLNA server for me to view later. That seems
> like the sensible alternative now.

Have you heard of Sonarr and its relatives?

Cheers - Jaimie
--
I love children, especially when they cry, for then someone takes them away.
-- Nancy Mitford

Re: Big Country Play Want Bin (PWBE 17 Jul 2023)

<gS-dnWtQ68uATSj5nZ2dnZfqn_Zi4p2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1394&group=uk.games.video.misc#1394

Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
From: kendrick@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 23:34:53 +0000
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 17 Jul 2023 23:34 UTC

In article <khljdfF7et0U1@mid.individual.net>,
Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie@usually.sessile.org> wrote:
>On 17 Jul 2023 at 12:09:08 BST, "Kendrick Kerwin Chua"
><kendrick@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:
>
>> I keep joking about writing a Python script that checks for
>> content from creators I pay attention to and then just passively runs
>> yt-dlp to store them on a DLNA server for me to view later. That seems
>> like the sensible alternative now.
>
>Have you heard of Sonarr and its relatives?

I've got LibreTube running on my phone. All the Youtube scrapers seem to
be aiming for a complete UI experience, and I just want discrete data
files like the gods intended. Because there's such joy in growing your
own vegetables and generating your own electricity and extruding your
own fibreoptic cables.

-KKC, who got used to some strange stuff during the pandemic.

Re: Big Country Play Want Bin (PWBE 17 Jul 2023)

<W5xtM.46909$y2b6.41687@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1395&group=uk.games.video.misc#1395

From: zgedneil@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2023 14:13:10 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Tue, 18 Jul 2023 14:13 UTC

> Play:

Oekaki Puzzle (PS1) - yes, here comes the latest excitement from the
world of nonograms. Only, without the excitement. And it's not exactly
the latest. Anyway, I already commented on the 10x15s being weird,
and... they are. But even the clues on the left look distractingly
strange on these, more like "1 1" than "1 1" (i.e. the gaps between
the run lengths are very wide) for no obvious reason. So there you go.

> Want:

Probably to check out the recent additions to Minecraft, even if they
do seem distinctly meh.

> Bin:

Nothing.

-Rus.

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Big Country Play Want Bin (PWBE 17 Jul 2023)