Beam me up, Scotty! It ate my phaser!

computers / comp.sys.mac.advocacy / Re: Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware features that over 75% of modern Android models have

SubjectAuthor
* Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware features that over 75% of moWally J
+- Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware features thatAlan
+* Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware features that over 75% of moWally J
|`* Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware featuresJolly Roger
| +* Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware features thatAlan Browne
| |+* Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware features that over 75% of moWally J
| ||`* Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware features thatAlan
| || +- Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware features thatAlan Browne
| || `* Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware features that over 75% of mo*Hemidactylus*
| ||  +- Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware featuresJolly Roger
| ||  `* Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware features thatAnonymous
| ||   +* Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware features thatAlan
| ||   |+* Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware featuresJolly Roger
| ||   ||`- Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware features that over 75% of moWally J
| ||   |`- Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware features thatAnonymous
| ||   `- Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware features that over 75% of moWally J
| |`* Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware featuresJolly Roger
| | +- Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware features that-hh
| | `- Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware features that over 75% of moWally J
| +* Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware features that over 75% of moWally J
| |+- Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware features thatAlan
| |`* Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware features that over 75% of mo*Hemidactylus*
| | `- Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware features that over 75% of moWally J
| `* Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware*Hemidactylus*
|  `- Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware features that over 75% of moAndrew
+* Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware features thatJohn
> [...]
|  |    ||   `* Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware features that over 75% of moJohn
|  |    ||    `- Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware features thatAlan
|  |    |`* Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware features that over 75% of moJohn
|  |    | `- Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware features thatAlan
|  |    `* Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware features thatJohn
|  |     +* Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware features thatAlan
|  |     |`- Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware features that over 75% of moJohn
|  |     `- Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware featuresJolly Roger
|  +- Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware features thatAlan Browne
|  `- Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware features thatJörg_Lorenz
`- Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware features thatAhmed Zababulin

Pages:1234
Re: Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware features that over 75% of modern Android models have

<ujoc7n$1vf94$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=16525&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#16525

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: Zero percent of current iPhones have basic hardware features that
over 75% of modern Android models have
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 12:21:11 -0800
<4PicncL5iudaIsf4nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com> <ujek2p$65gk$1@dont-email.me>
<iKudnXeQIvbT9sP4nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ujlt9h$1gdqh$3@dont-email.me>
<ut6cnfrGo5ZfHcP4nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ujlvoc$1gsb2$2@dont-email.me>
<clmdnSnudZJEGMP4nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ujm3it$1herd$1@dont-email.me>
<Do2dnVdH8KY-ecP4nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ujmpko$1o19j$2@dont-email.me>
<RrKdnQeNoMoyb8P4nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ujmt7r$1oevn$1@dont-email.me>
<qRWdneAoAetRZMP4nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ujo564$1u953$3@dont-email.me>
<Ma-dnYLfktxXMcL4nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@giganews.com>
 by: Alan - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 20:21 UTC

On 2023-11-23 11:49, John wrote:
> On 11/23/2023 10:20 AM, Alan wrote:

>>> You are the one proven wrong.  You had to add an external D/A
>>> converter.   I specifically stated an iPhone 15.  Intelligent people
>>> realize that means the discussion was limited to Apple phone versus
>>> Android phone and that external equipment to allow Apple to equal
>>> Android performance was not part of that.  Never the less you
>>> provided good information proving Apple iPhone by itself cannot equal
>>> Android audio performance- of course proving my original assertion.

>> The discussion was originally about what the iPhone 15 ITSELF supported:
>>
>> "Apple Music has lossless support for up to 192khz/24 bits but iPhone
>> 15 Pro and other models do not support it."
>>
>> That was your claim, and it is FALSE.
>

> No it is not.  I mentioned iPhone itself.  By itself you dumb moron.

And the "iPhone itself" clearly supports 192kHz (notice I know that the
abbreviation for "kilohertz" uses a capital "H", BTW?), 24-bit lossless
music. By itself, the iPhone supports downloading and playing back that
format.

And ANY set of headphones/earbuds that connect to ANY phone via
Bluetooth, USB, or Lightning are going to have an external DAC, you
simpleton.

So the fact that you need a peripheral with the appropriate

And NO Bluetooth connection...

....NOT ONE...

....supports lossless audio at 192kHz/24-bit:

'If you’re primarily a Bluetooth user though, there really isn’t any way
to hear true lossless audio. '

<https://majorhifi.com/how-close-are-we-to-getting-lossless-bluetooth/>

192kHz/24-bit audio data rate is 4,608 kbps...

....or 4.5 Mbps.

And the theoretical maximum speed of Bluetooth 5.0 is only 2Mbps.

But, please:

You go right on losing!

:-)