From: retro.guy@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Subject: rslight-0.6.5e available for download
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2020 09:29:41 +0000
 by: Retro Guy - Sat, 25 Jul 2020 09:29 UTC

A new version of rslight (0.6.5e) is now available for download:

www.novabbs.com/getrslight or
rslight.i2p/getrslight

This fixes a number of bugs, and the new features and changes I've been mentioning in this group recently are all applied to this release.

The tarball includes install and upgrade scripts for debian and freebsd (I test on both).

Retro Guy

--
Posted on: Rocksolid Light
www.novabbs.com

Re: rslight-0.6.5e available for download

<f18351e8c301ecfab03ee3b98ba3530e$1@www.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=274&group=rocksolid.nodes.announce#274

From: retro.guy@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Subject: Re: rslight-0.6.5e available for download
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2020 06:19:04 +0000
 by: Retro Guy - Wed, 5 Aug 2020 06:19 UTC

The 0.6.5 branch is now only bug fixes. Since 0.6.5e:

Fixed a bug where some spoolnews groups were being skipped. This is mostly for nocem use.

Fixed an issue if overriding $maxarticles_per_run to not step on $maxarticles.

Trim blank lines from end of articles when posting.

All bug fixes will be applied to 0.6.5f. New features you may see on my rslight sites and not applied, but being worked on in the 0.6.6 branch:

Currently, the ability to very simply give a name to any group for display. You can see this in the 'rocksolid' section on rslight, for any group you can configure a display name.

There are a few more bug fixes necessary that I'm aware of, and will work on. If new features in 0.6.6 are questionable, there will be a 0.6.5f and 0.6.6 release maybe around the same time. If new features are simple, it will all be released as 0.6.6.

Retro Guy

--
Posted on: novaBBS
www.novabbs.com