Subject: hacked my first site... not sure what to do
From: Anonymous
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.security
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 12:23 UTC
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 12:23:00 +0000
From: Anonym...@news.novabbs.org (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.security
View all headers
I've managed to dump my first database in the real world with more than 100,000 user details. The database contains first names, last names, address, mobile, email and password hashes. I'm not sure what to do with this, where to sell it and how much I should charge for that kind of info per user.
--
Posted on Rocksolid Light

Subject: Re: hacked my first site... not sure what to do
From: Anonymous
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.security
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 08:25 UTC
From: Anonym...@news.novabbs.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.security
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 08:25:59 +0000
View all headers
Anonymous wrote:

I've managed to dump my first database in the real world with more than 100,000 user details. The database contains first names, last names, address, mobile, email and password hashes. I'm not sure what to do with this, where to sell it and how much I should charge for that kind of info per user.

I guess it depends on who these users are. Without passwords it's not real useful. Maybe it's better to let the site know so they can fix their leak and make yourself feel like you did something positive.
--
Posted on novaBBS

1
rocksolid light 0.7.2