Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 06:35:59 +0000
Subject: BBC News
From: usenet@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
 by: rslight rss feeds - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 06:35 UTC

Divers recover bodies in Baltimore bridge collapse waters
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68679930
March 28, 2024, 5:47 AM
Searches continue for four other people missing after two bodies are found in a submerged truck.
--------------------
King sends 'hand of friendship' recorded message
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68678904
March 27, 2024, 10:30 PM
King Charles is sending an audio message about caring for others to this year's Maundy Thursday service.
--------------------
One in five teachers say they have been hit by pupil
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-68674568
March 28, 2024, 12:55 AM
A survey reveals nearly one in five teachers in England has been hit by a pupil this year.
--------------------
Gogglebox star, 40, dies after fall from height
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cd18ld5233wo
March 27, 2024, 9:18 PM
Fellow television personalities are paying tribute to George Gilbey.
--------------------
Easter travel warning as millions set to hit roads
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68673728
March 28, 2024, 4:18 AM
The RAC warns of "carmageddon" as heavy traffic is expected during the Easter getaway.
--------------------
Man suffers life-threatening injuries after train stabbing
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-68679773
March 27, 2024, 7:49 PM
Social media footage shows a man being attacked in front of horrified passengers in south-east London.
--------------------
Scotland set for debate over assisted dying
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-68674769
March 28, 2024, 6:10 AM
MSPs will get the chance to make Scotland the first part of the UK to let people legally end their lives.
--------------------
Son 'numb' as whole-life killer may be released
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68675702
March 28, 2024, 1:04 AM
A man sentenced to a whole-life term for murder may be allowed to leave prison on health grounds.
--------------------
New figures due to show health of UK's economy
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/business-68680004
March 28, 2024, 4:20 AM
Initial data last month suggested the UK was in recession - revised figures will be published by the government shortly.
--------------------
France to sue teen over headscarf row claim
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68673112
March 28, 2024, 12:40 AM
The girl's allegations about her headmaster led to death threats and his sudden resignation.
--------------------
Australia debates seizure of Insta-famous magpie
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-68681256
March 28, 2024, 3:22 AM
The bird - known by millions online as "Molly" - was removed from its carers by wildlife officials.
--------------------
Girl, 10, left inoperable after surgery axed seven times
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-68668234
March 27, 2024, 6:22 PM
The curvature of Eva Tennent's spine is now so severe that mum Jill Lockhart fears she will not survive.
--------------------
Hoards of broken tech at home? You aren't alone, say campaigners
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-68673420
March 28, 2024, 2:20 AM
Our household hoards of unused electricals and broken tech are growing, recycling campaigners warn.
--------------------
What contributed to the Baltimore Bridge collapse?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/68680442
March 27, 2024, 10:42 PM
"Dirty" fuel and a bridge designed for ships from another era may have factored into the collapse.
--------------------
Father of three among Baltimore bridge victims
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68673146
March 27, 2024, 8:31 PM
Six people are presumed dead after the bridge collapsed, but what do we know about them?
--------------------
Supply chain fears after crash
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68672373
March 27, 2024, 1:38 PM
The Francis Scott Key Bridge, which collapsed on Tuesday, spanned the ninth-busiest port in the US.
--------------------
Audio captures dispatchers' response to bridge collapse
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68678214
March 27, 2024, 4:10 PM
A recording of emergency communications reveals the tense moments before the Baltimore bridge collapsed.
--------------------
Lost power, mayday call and crash before collapse
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68670567
March 26, 2024, 10:31 PM
Minutes after a container ship sent a mayday call, it crashed and caused a bridge to collapse. Six people are presumed dead.
--------------------
I'm not ashamed of who I am any more, says Lioness
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-68664632
March 28, 2024, 1:50 AM
Lioness striker Bethany England speaks to the BBC to mark 10 years since gay marriage was legalised.
--------------------
The families borrowing to pay for care
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68667253
March 28, 2024, 1:39 AM
Like TV presenter Kate Garraway, other families are struggling with the cost of care.
--------------------
The Papers: Sewage 'outrage' and 'King calls for kindness'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-68681114
March 28, 2024, 5:39 AM
Thursday's papers cover the fallout over record discharges of sewage and the King's Easter message.
--------------------
Bill Nighy on playing an England manager with a difference
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68631477
March 28, 2024, 2:08 AM
Nighy's new film The Beautiful Game sees a group of men represent England at the Homeless World Cup.
--------------------
US guns pour into Haiti, fuelling surge in violence
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-68668460
March 27, 2024, 11:39 AM
Every kind of gun is flooding into Port-au-Prince. Haitians are blaming the US.
--------------------
Sewage hits the fan, again
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0hmd3kd
March 27, 2024, 9:29 PM
Sewage spills by water companies in England more than doubled in 2023.
--------------------
Local elections 2024: Is there an election in my area?
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c8v36l6d54do
March 26, 2024, 2:52 PM
Enter your postcode to see if there is an election in your area on 2 May
--------------------
Disgraced 'Crypto King' Bankman-Fried to be sentenced
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68560911
March 28, 2024, 12:00 AM
The former boss of bankrupt crypto exchange FTX is due to be sentenced for multi-billion dollar fraud.
--------------------
Police reassess decision on Rayner allegations
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68677343
March 27, 2024, 6:45 PM
A Tory MP asked police to investigate whether Labour's deputy leader gave false information on documents.
--------------------
Hostages’ relatives arrested as Gaza talks break down
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68673960
March 27, 2024, 1:43 PM
Family members and activists blocked a main road in Tel Aviv, demanding more be done to free them.
--------------------
Comedian Ed Gamble forced to remove hot dog from Tube ad
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-68675214
March 27, 2024, 3:16 PM
Ed Gamble was advised to change his advert in line with Transport for London's advertising policy.
--------------------
Deadly FlixBus crash on German motorway
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68673114
March 28, 2024, 3:53 AM
Four people are killed when a coach veers to the right on the busy A9 autobahn before falling over.
--------------------
Record numbers of migrants cross Channel in 2024
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c4nq66lm57zo
March 27, 2024, 2:53 PM
The number of migrants arriving in the UK in 2024 after crossing the Channel has hit a record high.
--------------------
Housing fleeceholds the next big scandal, peer warns
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68673216
March 27, 2024, 6:34 PM
Lords debate the plight of homeowners locked into private maintenance contracts for communal areas.
--------------------
Major Baltimore Bridge Collapses
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0hlzmj8
March 26, 2024, 1:09 PM
A container ship hit the Francis Key Scott bridge on Tuesday morning.
--------------------
Ukraine: Enemy in the Woods
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001xr50
March 25, 2024, 6:00 AM
An extraordinary portrait of lives compromised by war.
--------------------
Download now
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10628994
June 13, 2023, 10:25 AM
Top stories, breaking news, live reporting, and follow news topics that match your interests
--------------------
Can my landlord put up my rent, keep my deposit or evict me?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-65038459
March 25, 2024, 12:07 PM
UK renters have seen increases of 10% and two million are behind or struggling to pay.
--------------------
What can I do if I can't pay my energy bill?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62435432
March 7, 2024, 12:25 PM
If you're struggling to afford your gas and electricity bills, what options are available?
--------------------
What is the state pension and the triple lock?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53082530
March 25, 2024, 9:23 AM
The state pension will rise by 8.5% in April following a pledge to protect the value of the benefit.
--------------------
What are my rights if my flight is cancelled or delayed?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61646214
January 22, 2024, 10:32 AM
Stormy weather has led to some disruption at airports but passengers do have rights.
--------------------
How do I know if my smart meter is broken?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68664200
March 26, 2024, 3:17 PM
Almost four million smart meters in Great Britain were not working at the end of 2023.
--------------------
Man's injuries life-threatening after train stabbing
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-68679773
March 27, 2024, 7:49 PM
Social media footage shows a man being attacked in front of horrified passengers in south-east London.
--------------------
Charity support funds loss will be 'devastating'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-68639301
March 28, 2024, 6:16 AM
Support funds set up in response to the Covid-19 pandemic are due to end this month.
--------------------
Girl, 10, left inoperable after surgery axed seven times
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-68668234
March 27, 2024, 6:22 PM
The curvature of Eva Tennent's spine is now so severe that mum Jill Lockhart fears she will not survive.
--------------------
Wrong patient fitted with coil after Caesarean
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-68676549
March 28, 2024, 6:05 AM
Other so-called never events include a patient almost having the wrong toe amputated during surgery.
--------------------
'An icon of the game' - ex-England captain Houghton to retire
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68678558
March 27, 2024, 9:02 PM
Manchester City defender and former England captain Steph Houghton will retire at the end of the current Women's Super League season.
--------------------
'Guilty' and 'obsessive' - sportswomen on disordered eating
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/68445195
March 28, 2024, 6:19 AM
British elite sportswomen tell BBC Sport about their experiences of disordered eating and ask what an athlete is 'supposed' to look like.
--------------------
The mind behind the 'doped Olympics'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/68672104
March 28, 2024, 12:01 AM
The Enhanced Games has been derided as "a clown show" and "borderline criminal". But their founder and his backers believe in a future few have foreseen.
--------------------
Prosecutors seek jail for Rubiales over kiss
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68679506
March 27, 2024, 9:28 PM
Spain's ex-football boss could go to prison because of a non-consensual kiss at the Women's World Cup.
Sunrisers hit highest total in IPL history
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/68678670
March 27, 2024, 6:06 PM
Sunrisers Hyderabad smash 277-3 - the highest total in Indian Premier League history - in a 31-run victory against Mumbai Indians.

Click here to read the complete article