From: Anonymous@news.novabbs.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Subject: Google concerned about new bill
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 07:20:01 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Fri, 12 Nov 2021 07:20 UTC

Just received this from Google,

Right now, Congress is considering regulations that would have unintended consequences for your business – costing you time and money.
If passed, these bills could disrupt many of the digital tools you rely on every day – including Google Ads and Analytics, Gmail and Docs, and your business listing on Google Search and Maps. These changes could make it harder for customers to find your business and could hurt your productivity.

Anyone know what this bill is? I haven't had time to look into it yet.

--
Posted on novaBBS

Re: Google concerned about new bill

<7ca7f02d5798129c2960289cc7c64376@rocksolidbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=582&group=rocksolid.shared.general#582

From: Anonymous@rocksolidbbs.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Subject: Re: Google concerned about new bill
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 15:19:08 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Fri, 12 Nov 2021 15:19 UTC

Anonymous wrote:

> Anyone know what this bill is? I haven't had time to look into it yet.

Sorry, i wont be much help in identifying the relevant bill (not a US resident and stuffs...) but the way this blurb is worded seems pretty one sided. Kinda like some Google PR person tries to explain the public how what's bad for Google is also bad for them. If one is to follow that reasoning is obviously up to the individual but as far as i am concerned i welcome kicking Google in the balls very much. Doesn't really matter how exactly said ball-kicking happens. There is just way to much power concentrated with way to few people.

--
Posted on RetroBBS

Re: Google concerned about new bill

<a6b24c6fc51e24ffa3479489b47a8b78@news.novabbs.org>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=583&group=rocksolid.shared.general#583

Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2021 04:28:29 +0000
From: Anonymous@news.novabbs.org (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 13 Nov 2021 04:28 UTC

Anonymous wrote:

> Anonymous wrote:

>> Anyone know what this bill is? I haven't had time to look into it yet.

I wonder if it's this one https://www.cotton.senate.gov/news/press-releases/cotton-klobuchar-introduce-bipartisan-legislation-to-protect-competition-and-consumer-choice-online

It says "The Platform Competition and Opportunity Act will help stop anticompetitive mergers and acquisitions by dominant online platforms"

> Sorry, i wont be much help in identifying the relevant bill (not a US resident and stuffs...) but the way this blurb is worded seems pretty one sided. Kinda like some Google PR person tries to explain the public how what's bad for Google is also bad for them. If one is to follow that reasoning is

Exactly what it sounds like.

obviously up to the individual but as far as i am concerned i welcome kicking Google in the balls very much. Doesn't really matter how exactly said ball-kicking happens. There is just way to much power concentrated with way to few people.

True

--
Posted on Rocksolid Light