Get hold of portable property. -- Charles Dickens, "Great Expectations"

interests / News / Top House Republican Takes Aim at ‘8chan and Other Fringe Websites’ After El Pas

SubjectAuthor
* Top House Republican Takes Aim at ‘8chan and Other FrAnonUser
+* Top House Republican Takes Aim at '8chan and Other Fringe Websites' After El PasGuest
|`* Top House Republican Takes Aim at '8chan and Other Fringe Websites'anonymous
| `* Top House Republican Takes Aim at '8chan and Other Fringe Websites'anonymous
|  `- Top House Republican Takes Aim at '8chan and Other FringeWebsites'After El PasRetro Guy
`* BOssmanAnonymous
 `- BOssmanAnonymous

1
Top House Republican Takes Aim at ‘8chan and Other Fringe Websites’ After El Pas

<50c08cc0ee6ab3fd86847ba84abffeca$1@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=69&group=rocksolid.shared.news#69

From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Subject: Top House Republican Takes Aim at ‘8chan and Other Fr
inge Websites’ After El Pas
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2019 10:54:36 -0000 (UTC)
 by: AnonUser - Thu, 8 Aug 2019 10:54 UTC

https://ijr.com/mike-rogers-takes-aim-8chan/

Top House Republican Takes Aim at ‘8chan and Other Fringe Websites’
After El Paso Shooting

Houston Keene
August 6, 2019, 11:01 am
7 Comments
Congressman Mike D. Rogers/Facebook

A top Republican in the House has turned his sights onto the message board
8chan and “other fringe websites” that enable and promote “hateful
ideologies” after the deadly shooting in El Paso over the weekend.

As IJR News previously reported, two shootings rocked the nation over the
weekend in the Oregon District of Dayton, Ohio, and a Wal-Mart in El Paso,
Texas. Nine people — including the assailant — perished in the Dayton
attack and the death toll has risen to 22 from the El Paso shooting with
dozens more injured.

El Paso Mayor Dee Margo told reporters on Monday that President Donald
Trump will be visiting the city on Wednesday in the aftermath of the
shooting.

House Homeland Security Committee Ranking Member Mike Rogers (R-Ala.) said
in a statement on Sunday that he wanted to work with the tech sector and
law enforcement to fight 8chan and “online terror fronts,” saying that
the “hateful ideologies amplified by 8chan and other fringe websites are
propelling young people toward violence before law enforcement is able to
act.”

Rogers also said that the weekend’s attacks were “enabled by the echo
chambers” created by 8chan and other “fringe websites.”

“Yesterday’s events were yet again enabled by the echo chambers these
fringe websites have created,” the Alabama Republican said.

At least three of this year’s mass shootings — the Christchurch, New
Zealand mosque attacks, the Ponway, California synagogue shooting, and now
the massacre in El Paso — have been announced on 8chan with racist
writings intended to go viral on the Internet.

8chan is run out of the Philippines by U.S. Army veteran Jim Watkins, who
has had control over the site since 2015 after the platform’s creator
and original owner Fredrick Brennan left.

Brennan had started the message board in 2013 as a platform for free
speech and called for 8chan to be shut down during a Sunday interview with
the New York Times.

“Shut the site down,” Brennan said in the interview. “It’s not
doing the world any good. It’s a complete negative to everybody except
the users that are there. And you know what? It’s a negative to them,
too. They just don’t realize it.”
--
Posted on Rocksolid Light

Re: Top House Republican Takes Aim at '8chan and Other Fringe Websites' After El Pas

<qilcil$e07$1@def5.org>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=70&group=rocksolid.shared.news#70

From: guest@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Guest)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Subject: Re: Top House Republican Takes Aim at '8chan and Other Fringe Websites' After El Pas
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2019 23:07:18 -0400
 by: Guest - Sat, 10 Aug 2019 03:07 UTC

Overpopulation shit does hit the fan anyway but scapegoats are needed.
Posted on: def3.i2p

Re: Top House Republican Takes Aim at '8chan and Other Fringe Websites' After El Pas

<0aeebc92c58548dc89c82b24c04ce3a8$1@def2.i2p>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=73&group=rocksolid.shared.news#73

From: anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Subject: Re: Top House Republican Takes Aim at '8chan and Other Fringe Websites'
After El Pas
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 10:17:27 -0000 (UTC)
logging-data="22318"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@def2.org"
 by: anonymous - Sat, 10 Aug 2019 10:17 UTC

no doubt the politicians will use this to call for more state control over
the internet.
a little fun fact: the NZ shooter saw Trump as a great symbol for the
white race, or something like that. if they actually wanted to combat
racism and white supremacy scum, why not starting at the top ?
Posted on def2

Re: Top House Republican Takes Aim at '8chan and Other Fringe Websites' After El Pas

<ac8280b2e81cd38136061d52d5efd7b6$1@z5bqfv5v75kxy7pj.onion>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=74&group=rocksolid.shared.news#74

From: anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
After El Pas
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 14:49:23 -0000 (UTC)
logging-data="18452"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@def2.org"
 by: anonymous - Sat, 10 Aug 2019 14:49 UTC

slightly related:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/8chan-users-migrating-to-zeronet-are-accidentally-revealing-their-locations

8chan refugees using zeronet got doxxed. says something about zeronet.
Posted on def2

Re: Top House Republican Takes Aim at '8chan and Other FringeWebsites'After El Pas

<d33ecc712a58e14fc94f9865136a7a36$1@www.rocksolidbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=75&group=rocksolid.shared.news#75

From: retro.guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-k7i-this (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2019 08:15:54 +0000
To: anonymous
 by: Retro Guy - Sun, 11 Aug 2019 08:15 UTC

To: anonymous
anonymous wrote:

> slightly related:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/8chan-users-migrating-to-zeronet-are-accidentally-revealing-their-locations

> 8chan refugees using zeronet got doxxed. says something about zeronet.
> Posted on def2

-----------
the site’s own administrator initially encouraged anons to just connect
directly. “Feel free to post without Tor,” he wrote in a welcome
message. “Even as the admin I have no power to identify anyone.”
-----------

If you're the admin and you have no power to log a direct connect clearnet
ip address, maybe you shouldn't be running a controversial site. Sure,
that doesn't directly identify you, but it's a great place to start.

If the admin just doesn't know how to log things, authorities with
subpoenas (or without) sure do.

Retro Guy
--
Posted on RetroBBS

BOssman

<ne.1470.45yl6y@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=246&group=rocksolid.shared.news#246

From: poster@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Subject: BOssman
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2021 12:28:33 -0800
logging-data="31698"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.org"
 by: Anonymous - Fri, 5 Mar 2021 20:28 UTC

I have had this problem for time styl! I link boss man and he only gives man one wing like are you taking the piss!

--
Posted on def2

Re: BOssman

<f57e6928b6bfa2224a6e8020ba6a9115$1@www.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=247&group=rocksolid.shared.news#247

From: Anonymous@novabbs.i2p (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Subject: Re: BOssman
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2021 12:17:33 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 6 Mar 2021 12:17 UTC

Anonymous wrote:

> I have had this problem for time styl! I link boss man and he only gives man one wing like are you taking the piss!

How many wings did you pay for? One?
--
Posted on novaBBS
www.novabbs.com