From: unknown@email (zzz.i2p: Forum)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2018 11:28:36 GMT
Subject: NTCP2 FAQ
 by: zzz.i2p: Forum - Tue, 3 Jul 2018 11:28 UTC

Q: When is it available?
A: In Java I2P, in dev build 0.9.35-1, but its disabled by default. The release will be 0.9.36 (August), but it will still be disabled by default. It will be enabled in 0.9.37 (November). In i2pd, its planned for 2.20 (not scheduled). No word on Kovris plans.

Q: How to enable?
A: For Java I2P: Advanced config i2np.ntcp2.enable=true ... restart required.

Q: Is it on the same port as NTCP 1?
A: The spec allows either the same or a different port. Implementation-dependent. In Java I2P we will use the same port. I believe i2pd will use a different port.

Q: Are there separate connection limits for NTCP 2?
A: Not in Java I2P. The NTCP connection limits apply to the total NTCP 1 and 2 connections.

Q: How do I know if its working, or if I have NTCP2 connections?
A: Look on the /peers page in the NTCP section, theres now a column for version. There are very few routers out there with NTCP2 enabled right now, you may not see any.

Q: Does NTCP 2 work for outbound connections if Im firewalled?
A: It should, but I havent tested that yet, so it probably doesnt.

Q: What are the benefits of NTCP 2?
A: Faster, more secure, more resistant to traffic analysis and blocking.

Q: Will NTCP 1 support be removed?