From: admin@sybershock.com (Syber Shock)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Subject: Recommended Nostr Clients and Servers?
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 02:28:07 -0500
logging-data="108943"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.org";
posting-account="TzG3Hl99Aa0Fgb506WreKRgRTO2mG9+aGjVDifyfNqo";
 by: Syber Shock - Fri, 11 Aug 2023 07:28 UTC

Can anyone recommend any decent Nostr client and relay software? I see
too broad a selection with too little useful information to make a
decision. I would like to hear from users who have found something they
like.

SugarBug | https://sybershock.com

Re: Recommended Nostr Clients and Servers?

<08652b263c7a0bc04a89baa2bcee6590@news.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=781&group=rocksolid.shared.general#781

Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 05:47:09 +0000
Subject: Re: Recommended Nostr Clients and Servers?
From: Anonymous@news.novabbs.org (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
 by: Anonymous - Sun, 27 Aug 2023 05:47 UTC

it's literally here https://nostr.com/clients

--
Posted on Rocksolid Light

Re: Recommended Nostr Clients and Servers?

<fd4a306df26c75466547cbe18f1e8989$1@sybershock.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=782&group=rocksolid.shared.general#782

From: admin@sybershock.com (Syber Shock)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 06:27:51 -0500
logging-data="2730355"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.org";
posting-account="TzG3Hl99Aa0Fgb506WreKRgRTO2mG9+aGjVDifyfNqo";
 by: Syber Shock - Sun, 27 Aug 2023 11:27 UTC

On Sun, 27 Aug 2023 05:47:09 +0000
Anonymous@news.novabbs.org (Anonymous) wrote:

> it's literally here https://nostr.com/clients

I've seen that and a half-dozen other lists. Recall what was asked in
the top post:

>> I see too broad a selection with too little useful information to
>> make a decision. I would like to hear from users who have found
>> something they like.

Since people have had their private keys stolen from other clients the
only one I see even worth trying is gossip:

"Gossip avoids web technologies (other than HTTP GET and WebSockets
which are necessary for nostr). Web technologies like HTML parsing and
rendering, CSS, JavaScript and the very many web standards, are complex
and represent a security hazard due to such a large attack surface.
This isn't just a pedantic or theoretical concern; people have already
had their private key stolen from other nostr clients. We use simple
OpenGL-style rendering instead. It's not as pretty but it gets the job
done."

So this narrows the choices down to one client as far as I can tell.
This is another good reason to ask others who are experienced with their
client software.

--
SugarBug | https://sybershock.com | NNTP | Usenet | Forum
Fediverse | https://syfershock.com/users/syfershock