From: lynnmcguire5@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.comics.strips
Subject: Pearls Before Swine: The Spotify Generation
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 18:31:41 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Sun, 27 Aug 2023 23:31 UTC

Pearls Before Swine: The Spotify Generation
https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2023/08/27

I've bought a few hundred albums over the years. And ripped half of
them for my truck. The latest was the Linda Ronstadt - Greatest Hits I
and II album.

Lynn

Re: Pearls Before Swine: The Spotify Generation

<ucrld2$3kqe0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=10052&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#10052

From: defaultuserbr@yahoo.com (Default User)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.comics.strips
Subject: Re: Pearls Before Swine: The Spotify Generation
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 03:22:11 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Default User - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 03:22 UTC

Lynn McGuire wrote:

>Pearls Before Swine: The Spotify Generation
> https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2023/08/27
>
>I've bought a few hundred albums over the years. And ripped half of
>them for my truck. The latest was the Linda Ronstadt - Greatest Hits
>I and II album.

Besides vinyl, there's been a little resurgence in cassettes. The
problem there is it's difficult to get a decent player. Vintage ones
are a crapshoot, frequently requiring repairs or maintenance to work
well. New ones are basically all use the same cheap tape drive that's
the last one being made.

I follow a YouTube channel, Tech Moan, which is a British guy
discussing and looking at old tech. He's acquired several new boomboxes
and desktop cassette players, and they are usually pretty bad.

https://www.youtube.com/@Techmoan

The oldest tech he's shown came when a group released their album on
Edison cylinder as a giveaway item. Finding a player that would handle
that model (there's more than one type of cylinder) and actually work
was a challenge.

The public library still stocks CDs.

Brian