From: budweiser.sucks.butts@splcenter.org (Budweiser Sucks)
Subject: Nebraska volleyball sets world record for attendance at a NATURAL
women's sporting event, at above 92, 000, school says
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2023 01:06:34 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.politics.homosexuality, alt.transgendered, nebr.edu,
rec.arts.disney.parks, soc.women
 by: Budweiser Sucks - Tue, 5 Sep 2023 23:06 UTC

Memorial Stadium was the place to be on Wednesday night when the
University of Nebraska women�s volleyball team hosted in-state opponent
Omaha.

The official attendance of 92,003 in Lincoln � at what normally is the
university�s football stadium � set the world record for the largest
announced crowd at a women�s sporting event, according to the school.

The previous record was set in April 2022, when 91,648 soccer fans in
Barcelona, Spain, gathered to witness a UEFA Champions League semifinal
between Barcelona and Wolfsburg at Camp Nou.

Trev Alberts, the school�s athletics director, addressed the Nebraska
crowd following the outdoor match, which the five-time national champions
won 25-14, 25-14, 25-13.

�Nebraska has the best fan base in the world, the best volleyball fans in
the world,� Albert said before introducing head coach John Cook.

Cook told the crowd they proved to be the best fans in the country with
their showing.

�And I was thinking this morning, there�s only three things that shut down
the University of Nebraska: 1) snowstorms, 2) Covid, 3) Nebraska
volleyball in the stadium. So students, you�re welcome. � From one of our
players, she said tonight, �The impossible is possible.� So thank you very
much. There�s no place like Nebraska,� Cook said as the crowd cheered.

The previous US record attendance for a women�s sporting event was 90,185
for the United States-China soccer World Cup final in July 1999 at the
Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California.

During what the school called �Volleyball Day,� the record-setting crowd
gave a roaring ovation to the fourth-ranked Nebraska volleyball team as
players walked onto the court.

The Huskers (4-0) have sold out an NCAA-record 306 consecutive regular
season matches. However, Wednesday�s match will not count towards the
streak because it wasn�t played at the team�s Bob Devaney Sports Center
court.

Before Wednesday, the largest announced attendance at a NCAA volleyball
match was 18,755, when Nebraska played Wisconsin in the NCA A final at
Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio, in December 2021.

Stadium capacity for football is listed at 85,458.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/30/sport/nebraska-volleyball-world-record-
womens-attendance-spt/index.html

Re: Nebraska volleyball sets world record for attendance at a NATURAL women's sporting event, at above 92, 000, school says

<265323a8-a73d-4eb4-bc03-200b0918261an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=1023&group=rec.arts.disney.parks#1023

Newsgroups: rec.arts.disney.parks
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2023 12:08:02 -0700 (PDT)
women's sporting event, at above 92, 000, school says
From: jgrove24@hotmail.com (JG)
 by: JG - Thu, 7 Sep 2023 19:08 UTC

On Tuesday, September 5, 2023 at 6:06:41 PM UTC-5, Budweiser Sucks wrote:
> Memorial Stadium was the place to be on Wednesday night when the
> University of Nebraska women’s volleyball team hosted in-state opponent
> Omaha.
>
> The official attendance of 92,003 in Lincoln – at what normally is the
> university’s football stadium – set the world record for the largest
> announced crowd at a women’s sporting event, according to the school.
>
> The previous record was set in April 2022, when 91,648 soccer fans in
> Barcelona, Spain, gathered to witness a UEFA Champions League semifinal
> between Barcelona and Wolfsburg at Camp Nou.
>
> Trev Alberts, the school’s athletics director, addressed the Nebraska
> crowd following the outdoor match, which the five-time national champions
> won 25-14, 25-14, 25-13.
>
> “Nebraska has the best fan base in the world, the best volleyball fans in
> the world,” Albert said before introducing head coach John Cook.
>
> Cook told the crowd they proved to be the best fans in the country with
> their showing.
>
> “And I was thinking this morning, there’s only three things that shut down
> the University of Nebraska: 1) snowstorms, 2) Covid, 3) Nebraska
> volleyball in the stadium. So students, you’re welcome. … From one of our
> players, she said tonight, ‘The impossible is possible.’ So thank you very
> much. There’s no place like Nebraska,” Cook said as the crowd cheered.
>
> The previous US record attendance for a women’s sporting event was 90,185
> for the United States-China soccer World Cup final in July 1999 at the
> Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California.
>
> During what the school called “Volleyball Day,” the record-setting crowd
> gave a roaring ovation to the fourth-ranked Nebraska volleyball team as
> players walked onto the court.
>
> The Huskers (4-0) have sold out an NCAA-record 306 consecutive regular
> season matches. However, Wednesday’s match will not count towards the
> streak because it wasn’t played at the team’s Bob Devaney Sports Center
> court.
>
> Before Wednesday, the largest announced attendance at a NCAA volleyball
> match was 18,755, when Nebraska played Wisconsin in the NCA A final at
> Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio, in December 2021.
>
> Stadium capacity for football is listed at 85,458.
>
> https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/30/sport/nebraska-volleyball-world-record-
> womens-attendance-spt/index.html

Bikinis would increase attendance. Or was it gym shorts ? Sad Nebraska is run by Trumpy Ricketts . Its a flyover state for me.