If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car payments. -- Earl Wilson

arts / alt.tv.survivor / Re: S45 Ep06 Spoilers and Comments (11/1/2023)

SubjectAuthor
* S45 Ep06 Spoilers and Comments (11/1/2023)Brian Smith
`- S45 Ep06 Spoilers and Comments (11/1/2023)Brian Smith

1
S45 Ep06 Spoilers and Comments (11/1/2023)

<0536c90d-ef9f-4324-9369-9053a52cbab7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=1049&group=alt.tv.survivor#1049

Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 16:50:49 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: S45 Ep06 Spoilers and Comments (11/1/2023)
From: dcg_brian@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
 by: Brian Smith - Wed, 1 Nov 2023 23:50 UTC

Tonight's episode is titled "I’m Not Batman, I’m the Canadian." The title is clearly coming from something Kaleb says. Based on a clip the Survivor SM team posted today, there's reference to a SITD possibly being played. I also think the true merge doesn't happen until the end of the episode. I hope they don't do something stupid like pick two teams and then the left over person gets a chance to change history. lol

--
Brian

Re: S45 Ep06 Spoilers and Comments (11/1/2023)

<98c95a5f-64c9-4627-8287-854f077f9998n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=1050&group=alt.tv.survivor#1050

Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 22:30:29 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: S45 Ep06 Spoilers and Comments (11/1/2023)
From: dcg_brian@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
 by: Brian Smith - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 05:30 UTC

On Wednesday, November 1, 2023 at 5:50:51 PM UTC-6, Brian Smith wrote:
> Tonight's episode is titled "I’m Not Batman, I’m the Canadian." The title is clearly coming from something Kaleb says. Based on a clip the Survivor SM team posted today, there's reference to a SITD possibly being played. I also think the true merge doesn't happen until the end of the episode. I hope they don't do something stupid like pick two teams and then the left over person gets a chance to change history. lol
>
> --
> Brian

Emotionally, I was all over the place watching tonight’s episode. There were some things I did not like at all, but the end result was very satisfying.

The episode started off with Emily’s tribe back at camp after the last TC. Kendra tried to play it cool and told the other three that she wanted to work with them. In a confessional she stated her true feelings and said she wants revenge on Emily for voting out Brando. Kendra was not the only player who wanted revenge tonight.

At Kaleb’s tribe we saw him making a smart move by letting the others (minus Katurah) know that Sabiyah had a HII when she left and that it had not been refound yet. He said in a confessional that he wants the idol to be found so he knows who has it. They started looking for it and Bruce found a Beware clue. The note said the idol was buried in the middle section under their shelter. Jake, Kellie, and Kaleb stood guard while he dug for it, but he didn’t find it before Katurah came back. Even with Jake faking he lost his rings they couldn’t find it.

Boats then came to each camp letting them know they would all be merging at Sifu’s camp. When Kellie was reading the note for her tribe she said they had 10 minutes to grab all of their belongings. Bruce quickly ran to the shelter and somehow knew to look at the top and then straight down to find exactly where the HII was buried. I’m pretty sure a producer gave him a big hint.

It didn’t take long for people to start targeting others. Austin wanted J. Maya or Kellie out for not letting him have his sandwich on the journey. Bruce wanted Kaleb gone as did some others. Emily was also targeted.

Immunity Challenge

When they arrived at the IC site Jeff of course told them that they had to earn their way to the merge. They would randomly each take a painted rock and the color would determine which team they’re on. The person with the colorless rock would have to state which team they thought would win and their fate would be tied to that team. The draw was a disaster for Kaleb and Emily. They ended up on a team with Jake, J. Maya, Dee, and Kellie. The challenge was super physical and had two puzzles to solve. Katurah drew the plain rock and chose to bet on the other team which had four big guys.

Jeff then told them that the winning team would make the merge, get to go the Sanctuary, and get to go to TC where they could also vote. Huge advantage and so unfair as far as I’m concerned.

Emily’s tribe got killed thanks in part to J. Maya’s crappy performance getting through the net. By the time she got through they were probably too far behind to ever win.

Sanctuary

They got lots of food and it was made clear that the main targets were J. Maya, Kaleb, and Emily. We were also given a clear indication that Sifu actually believes J. Maya voted for him.

Back at Camp

The key thing that happened at camp once the winning tribe got back from the Sanctuary was when a number of the winning tribe were talking with Emily on the beach and said they wanted to take out Kaleb. She tried to defend him a bit but couldn’t press back too hard. In the best game move of the episode, Emily then told Kaleb that she heard his name from a lot of people and that it was SITD bad.

Tribal Council

Kaleb knew he was in big trouble and tried his best to make himself look weaker. He also threw J. Maya UTB big time. After they voted Jeff asked if anyone had an advantage they wanted to play. Kaleb stood up and said he used his SITD. He gave it to Jeff to reveal what it said and amazingly, it said “SAFE”! Thank God Emily told him how bad things were. Everyone voted for him including Emily but she really had no choice.* That lead to a revote where you could not play your SITD and not vote for Kaleb. J. Maya then started talking to everyone, trying to convince them to take out Emily. Emily didn’t appear to put in much effort to counter what J. Maya was doing. In the end, everyone voted to boot J. Maya and she voted to get rid of Emily.

* Austin gave up his vote to extend the life of his idol. I think it’s good until F6 or F5 now but not positive.

Next Episode

Looks like two people are going home next week.

--
Brian