Subject: A Look into Disney Parks' Future Plans
From: mummycullen@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (MummyChunk)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.disney.parks
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 05:00:01 +0000
 by: MummyChunk - Fri, 29 Dec 2023 05:00 UTC

A Look into Disney Parks' Future Plans

Disney Parks, the world's leading provider of family entertainment,
has revealed its plans for the next decade, which include investing
nearly $60 billion in its domestic and international parks and cruise
line capacity. The announcement was made by Disney CEO Bob Iger and
Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro at the
Destination D23 event, a fan convention held in Anaheim, California,
in September 2023.

Iger said that the company is planning to increase its capital
expenditures in its Parks, Experiences and Products segment by almost
double over the course of approximately 10 years to around $60
billion. "This is the most significant investment in our parks
business in our history," Iger said. "We are confident that
this will create unparalleled value for our guests, our shareholders,
and our cast members."

D’Amaro, who oversees Disney's global portfolio of theme parks,
resorts, cruise lines, consumer products, and interactive media,
shared some of the highlights of the future projects and surprises
that are in store for Disney Parks fans around the world.

Some of the new attractions and experiences that are coming to the
domestic parks are:

- A new show based on "Zootopia" at the Tree of Life theater
at Disney's Animal Kingdom, featuring Judy Hopps, Nick Wilde, and
other characters from the Academy Award-winning film.
- A reimagined land at Disney's Animal Kingdom, inspired by a region
sometimes referred to as "tropical Americas", with new
experiences inspired by "Encanto" and the fan-favorite
adventurer Indiana Jones.
- A new meet and greet location for Figment, the beloved purple
dragon, inside the Imagination Pavilion at EPCOT.
- A new nighttime spectacular at Magic Kingdom, celebrating the 100th
anniversary of the Walt Disney Company, featuring fireworks,
projections, and music from Disney's iconic films and franchises.
- A new themed land at Disney's Hollywood Studios, based on the Marvel
Cinematic Universe, with attractions, shows, and characters from the
blockbuster movies and Disney+ series.

For the international parks, D’Amaro revealed that Disney is planning
to:

- Open a fifth gate at Disneyland Paris, themed to the Star Wars
galaxy, with immersive lands, attractions, and entertainment based on
the popular saga.
- Expand the Tokyo DisneySea park with a new port of call, themed to
the fantasy world of Frozen, with a new attraction, restaurant, and
shop.
- Complete the transformation of Hong Kong Disneyland, with new lands
and attractions based on Marvel, Frozen, and Moana.
- Add a new themed land at Shanghai Disneyland, based on the Pixar
film Coco, with a new dark ride, musical show, and interactive area.

D’Amaro also announced that Disney Cruise Line will launch three new
ships in the next decade, each with a unique design and theme, and
featuring new itineraries, destinations, and entertainment options.

"Over the next decade, we're going to have more projects underway
than at any point in our history," D’Amaro said. "Our sole
purpose is to give you more and more of what you love about a Disney
experience. And then surprise and delight you with things you never
dreamed possible."

Disney Parks, which operates 12 theme parks, 52 resorts, and four
cruise lines around the world, has been a leader in the industry for
over 65 years, since the opening of Disneyland in 1955. The company
has been known for its innovation, storytelling, and quality, as well
as its commitment to social responsibility, environmental stewardship,
and community engagement.

With its bold vision for the future, Disney Parks is poised to
continue its legacy of creating magical memories for millions of
guests for years to come.