From: YourName@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.starwars.misc, alt.fan.starwars
Subject: R.I.P. Mark Dodson (voice actor in Gremlins, Star Wars, etc.)
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2024 10:07:23 +1300
 by: Your Name - Sun, 3 Mar 2024 21:07 UTC

He did the voices of movie characters like the Mogwai and Salacious B.
Crumb, as well as for computer games.

Mark Dodson, 'Gremlins' and 'Star Wars' Voice Actor, Dies at 64
Mark Dodson, a voice actor known for "Gremlins" and "Star Wars:
Return of the Jedi," died Saturday. He was 64.

Stellar Appearances, Dodson's talent agency for personal
appearances, shared the news on Facebook.

"Mark worked on dozens of movies, video games, commercials and
advertisements adding his unique voice and sound to each
character and script he touched," the statement reads. "Mark
truly loved his fans and enjoyed meeting them at conventions
around the world. Mark was honored to be inducted into dozens
of the local chapters of the Star Wars 501st Legions over the
past several decades."

Dodson's daughter told TMZ that he died in Evansville, Ind., to
attend Horror Con and had suffered a heart attack while sleeping.

In his career spanning over 40 years, Dodson served as a radio
man, voice actor and producer. A fan favorite at conventions,
Dodson voiced several iconic characters in popular movies. He got
his start in 1983 with "Star Wars: Return of the Jedi." Dodson
voiced the high-pitched creature Salacious Crumb - who sat
dangerously close to Jabba the Hut. The next year, he
transitioned into the horror space, voicing Mogwai in 1984's
"Gremlins."

His other notable credits include voicing several zombies in
1985's "Day of the Dead" and Niima Scavenger in "Star Wars:
Episode VII - The Force Awakens" in 2015. Dodson also lent his
voice acting skills to various commercials and video games, such
as "Ghostrunner II," "Bendy and the Dark Revival," "Lego Star
Wars: The Skywalker Saga" and "Ghostrunner."

Dodson is survived by his daughter Ciara and his grandchildren.

<https://variety.com/2024/film/news/mark-dodson-dead-gremlins-1235928706/>