If you are going to walk on thin ice, you may as well dance.

arts / rec.arts.drwho / A Real Person reviews Season 22

SubjectAuthor
* A Real Person reviews Season 22Agent Jakanov
+* Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22The Doctor
|`* Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22Blueshirt
| `* Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22The Doctor
|  `- Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22Blueshirt
`* Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22Blueshirt
 +- Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22The Doctor
 +* Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22Daniel65
 |+* Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22The Last Doctor
 ||+* Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22Daniel65
 |||+- Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22The Doctor
 |||`* Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22Blueshirt
 ||| `- Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22The Doctor
 ||`- Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22The Doctor
 |+- Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22The Doctor
 |`* Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22Blueshirt
 | +- Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22The Doctor
 | `* Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22Daniel65
 |  +* Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22Blueshirt
 |  |`* Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22The Doctor
 |  | `* Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22Blueshirt
 |  |  `* Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22The Doctor
 |  |   +* Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22Daniel65
 |  |   |`* Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22The Doctor
 |  |   | `* Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22Daniel65
 |  |   |  +* Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22Blueshirt
 |  |   |  |`- Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22The Doctor
 |  |   |  `- Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22The Doctor
 |  |   +* Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22solar penguin
 |  |   |`- Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22The Doctor
 |  |   `* Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22Blueshirt
 |  |    `* Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22The Doctor
 |  |     `* Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22Blueshirt
 |  |      `* Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22Daniel65
 |  |       `- Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22The Doctor
 |  `- Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22The Doctor
 `* Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22Mickmane
  `- Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22The Doctor

Pages:12
A Real Person reviews Season 22

<ut5tt5$3buk9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111160&group=rec.arts.drwho#111160

From: mouth@onlegs.org (Agent Jakanov)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: A Real Person reviews Season 22
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 05:08:53 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Agent Jakanov - Sun, 17 Mar 2024 05:08 UTC

This is an actual review written by an actual person, not some fake
ChapBot.

I'm going to take a more holistic approach, and I won't be rating
individual stories or getting too deep into them.

Season 22 often gets derided by fandom as the point where things "went
wrong" in 1980s, and many blame the creative decisions such as making
the show darker and grittier, and having the Doctor be more erratic and
self-centered.

To be sure, this didn't come out of the blue. The show became
progressively darker leading up to it. In the previous season, the Peter
Davison's Doctor was becoming less patient and less of a nice-guy
schmuck. And a very important foreshadowing was one of his last lines
before regenerating: "It feels different this time."

As a series of adventures, most of the stories were very strong,
especially the first two and the season closer. In fact, I remember
reading academic articles which used both "Vengeance On Varos" and
"Revelation of the Daleks" as examples of good television scripts.

Many heavy, allegorical themes were dealt with. Unfortunately, one of
the valid criticisms that can be leveled at it is that it was too much
of a slow and intense burn, and it didn't feel like it was leading up to
anything. Even the companion complained about their journeys feeling
like aimless wanderings, to which the Doctor gave a bullying response.

Another criticism commonly leveled at this season was that it was too
continuity heavy. It did feel excessive to bring the Master back and
not even explaining how he managed to survive the Planet of Fire, and
also retconning the 2nd Doctor era. But apart from that, the contuity
with past Doctor Who actually worked pretty well and enhanced the
stories.

More problematic was how this season treated the historical setting in
The Mark of the Rani (implying the Luddite uprising was caused by the
Rani's interference) and H.G. Wells in Timelash (very unflattering
portrayal, and also implying he got his ideas from encountering the
Doctor).

Overall, despite its flaws, this season felt more consistent in tone
than many of the others did in the 1980's. The strong opening and
closing stories, which were both crafted by the same writer, make it
comparable to some of the 21st Century Doctor Who series.

Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22

<ut6mlo$1ji9$5@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111173&group=rec.arts.drwho#111173

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 12:11:36 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sun, 17 Mar 2024 12:11 UTC

In article <ut5tt5$3buk9$1@dont-email.me>,
Agent Jakanov <mouth@onlegs.org> wrote:
>This is an actual review written by an actual person, not some fake
>ChapBot.
>
>I'm going to take a more holistic approach, and I won't be rating
>individual stories or getting too deep into them.
>
>Season 22 often gets derided by fandom as the point where things "went
>wrong" in 1980s, and many blame the creative decisions such as making
>the show darker and grittier, and having the Doctor be more erratic and
>self-centered.
>
>To be sure, this didn't come out of the blue. The show became
>progressively darker leading up to it. In the previous season, the Peter
>Davison's Doctor was becoming less patient and less of a nice-guy
>schmuck. And a very important foreshadowing was one of his last lines
>before regenerating: "It feels different this time."
>
>As a series of adventures, most of the stories were very strong,
>especially the first two and the season closer. In fact, I remember
>reading academic articles which used both "Vengeance On Varos" and
>"Revelation of the Daleks" as examples of good television scripts.
>
>Many heavy, allegorical themes were dealt with. Unfortunately, one of
>the valid criticisms that can be leveled at it is that it was too much
>of a slow and intense burn, and it didn't feel like it was leading up to
>anything. Even the companion complained about their journeys feeling
>like aimless wanderings, to which the Doctor gave a bullying response.
>
>Another criticism commonly leveled at this season was that it was too
>continuity heavy. It did feel excessive to bring the Master back and
>not even explaining how he managed to survive the Planet of Fire, and
>also retconning the 2nd Doctor era. But apart from that, the contuity
>with past Doctor Who actually worked pretty well and enhanced the
>stories.
>
>More problematic was how this season treated the historical setting in
>The Mark of the Rani (implying the Luddite uprising was caused by the
>Rani's interference) and H.G. Wells in Timelash (very unflattering
>portrayal, and also implying he got his ideas from encountering the
>Doctor).
>
>Overall, despite its flaws, this season felt more consistent in tone
>than many of the others did in the 1980's. The strong opening and
>closing stories, which were both crafted by the same writer, make it
>comparable to some of the 21st Century Doctor Who series.

Timelash was lame! THe rest rocked !
Revelation of the Daleks 8/10 !!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22

<xn0ojfxp311907k006@reader.xsnews.nl>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111189&group=rec.arts.drwho#111189

From: blueshirt@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 21:27:00 +0000
 by: Blueshirt - Sun, 17 Mar 2024 21:27 UTC

Agent Jakanov wrote:

> This is an actual review written by an actual person, not some
> fake ChapBot.
>
> I'm going to take a more holistic approach, and I won't be
> rating individual stories or getting too deep into them.
>
> Season 22 often gets derided by fandom as the point where
> things "went wrong" in 1980s, and many blame the creative
> decisions such as making the show darker and grittier, and
> having the Doctor be more erratic and self-centered.
>
> [Snip]
>
> Overall, despite its flaws, this season felt more consistent
> in tone than many of the others did in the 1980's. The strong
> opening and closing stories, which were both crafted by the
> same writer, make it comparable to some of the 21st Century
> Doctor Who series.

I liked S22 in general, my three favourite Sixth Doctor stories
are part of this season... Attack of the Cybermen / Vengeance on
Varos and The Two Doctors. They won't go down as all-time Doctor
Who classics but they were, for the time, actually quite good.

Revelation of the Daleks had a lot going for it, but it had a
lot not going for it too. Alexi Sayle being one of them! But the
story had it's moments, the pacing was a bit off for me though.

I didn't really like the Rani story either... I would have
preferred the Rani to be used on her own, not in a team-up with
the Master. But the truth is I never really like Ainley's Master
anyway.

Timelash is an anagram of you know what... nuff said.

Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22

<xn0ojfz3r1355dd00c@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111192&group=rec.arts.drwho#111192

From: blueshirt@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 22:19:46 +0000
 by: Blueshirt - Sun, 17 Mar 2024 22:19 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <ut5tt5$3buk9$1@dont-email.me>,
> Agent Jakanov <mouth@onlegs.org> wrote:
> > This is an actual review written by an actual person, not
> > some fake ChapBot.
> >
> > [Snip]
> >
> > Overall, despite its flaws, this season felt more consistent
> > in tone than many of the others did in the 1980's. The
> > strong opening and closing stories, which were both crafted
> > by the same writer, make it comparable to some of the 21st
> > Century Doctor Who series.
>
> Timelash was lame! THe rest rocked !

The best stories of Colin Baker's era was within S22 anyway...
IMHO. A great actor doing the best he could with - at times -
shoddy tools.

> Revelation of the Daleks 8/10 !!

A bit over-generous there I think Dave... on a good day I'd give
"Revelation of the Daleks" a 6/10, on a over-critical day a 5/10.

Like all stories from the JNT era if you ignore the flaws the
stories could be enjoyable enough, but if you wanted to nit-pick
then there were plenty of things to find fault with.

Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22

<ut7tse$ip8$5@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111198&group=rec.arts.drwho#111198

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 23:20:46 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sun, 17 Mar 2024 23:20 UTC

In article <xn0ojfxp311907k006@reader.xsnews.nl>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>Agent Jakanov wrote:
>
>> This is an actual review written by an actual person, not some
>> fake ChapBot.
>>
>> I'm going to take a more holistic approach, and I won't be
>> rating individual stories or getting too deep into them.
>>
>> Season 22 often gets derided by fandom as the point where
>> things "went wrong" in 1980s, and many blame the creative
>> decisions such as making the show darker and grittier, and
>> having the Doctor be more erratic and self-centered.
>>
>> [Snip]
>>
>> Overall, despite its flaws, this season felt more consistent
>> in tone than many of the others did in the 1980's. The strong
>> opening and closing stories, which were both crafted by the
>> same writer, make it comparable to some of the 21st Century
>> Doctor Who series.
>
>I liked S22 in general, my three favourite Sixth Doctor stories
>are part of this season... Attack of the Cybermen / Vengeance on
>Varos and The Two Doctors. They won't go down as all-time Doctor
>Who classics but they were, for the time, actually quite good.
>
>Revelation of the Daleks had a lot going for it, but it had a
>lot not going for it too. Alexi Sayle being one of them! But the
>story had it's moments, the pacing was a bit off for me though.

Just becuse you do not like Sayle!!

>I didn't really like the Rani story either... I would have
>preferred the Rani to be used on her own, not in a team-up with
>the Master. But the truth is I never really like Ainley's Master
>anyway.
>
>Timelash is an anagram of you know what... nuff said.

Yes!

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22

<ut7tvp$ip8$8@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111201&group=rec.arts.drwho#111201

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 23:22:33 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sun, 17 Mar 2024 23:22 UTC

In article <xn0ojfz3r1355dd00c@news.eternal-september.org>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>The Doctor wrote:
>
>> In article <ut5tt5$3buk9$1@dont-email.me>,
>> Agent Jakanov <mouth@onlegs.org> wrote:
>> > This is an actual review written by an actual person, not
>> > some fake ChapBot.
>> >
>> > [Snip]
>> >
>> > Overall, despite its flaws, this season felt more consistent
>> > in tone than many of the others did in the 1980's. The
>> > strong opening and closing stories, which were both crafted
>> > by the same writer, make it comparable to some of the 21st
>> > Century Doctor Who series.
>>
>> Timelash was lame! THe rest rocked !
>
>The best stories of Colin Baker's era was within S22 anyway...
>IMHO. A great actor doing the best he could with - at times -
>shoddy tools.

What about S23?

>> Revelation of the Daleks 8/10 !!
>
>A bit over-generous there I think Dave... on a good day I'd give
>"Revelation of the Daleks" a 6/10, on a over-critical day a 5/10.
>
>Like all stories from the JNT era if you ignore the flaws the
>stories could be enjoyable enough, but if you wanted to nit-pick
>then there were plenty of things to find fault with.

You find fult in almost everything!

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22

<xn0ojg1bg167apz000@reader.xsnews.nl>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111203&group=rec.arts.drwho#111203

From: blueshirt@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 23:45:25 +0000
 by: Blueshirt - Sun, 17 Mar 2024 23:45 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <xn0ojfz3r1355dd00c@news.eternal-september.org>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> >
> > The best stories of Colin Baker's era were within S22
> > anyway... IMHO. A great actor doing the best he could with
> > - at times - shoddy tools.
>
> What about S23?

Overall? Not very good.
> > Like all stories from the JNT era if you ignore the flaws the
> > stories could be enjoyable enough, but if you wanted to
> > nit-pick then there were plenty of things to find fault with.
>
> You find fult in almost everything!

Well, Doctor Who as a TV show was never perfect. Is any show?
But over the years on various re-watches on VHS/DVD (and more
lately the excellent Doctor Who Blu-Ray Collections) I have
picked up on quite a lot of things I missed as a child as there
were very few Doctor Who episodes repeated by the BBC, and we
had no videos to rewind. I might enjoy Doctor Who but I'm not
blind... I always want it to be better than it is!

Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22

<ut974t$4rih$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111222&group=rec.arts.drwho#111222

From: daniel47@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 22:05:00 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 11:05 UTC

Blueshirt wrote on 18/3/24 8:27 am:

<Snip>

> Timelash is an anagram of you know what... nuff said.

"Anagram"?? Mix the letters up to make another word!

'Timelash'??
'Ashmelit' ... Nope!
'Litmeash' ... Nope!
'Litemash' ... Nope!
'Shamelit' ... Nope!

I give up!!
--
Daniel

Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22

<ut9c7j$5urk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111224&group=rec.arts.drwho#111224

From: mike@xenocyte.com (The Last Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 12:31:47 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:Y/0D9kzLzEN1JRn4K0qBpxWf33Q=
 by: The Last Doctor - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 12:31 UTC

Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
> Blueshirt wrote on 18/3/24 8:27 am:
>
> <Snip>
>
>> Timelash is an anagram of you know what... nuff said.
>>
> "Anagram"?? Mix the letters up to make another word!
>
> 'Timelash'??
> 'Ashmelit' ... Nope!
> 'Litmeash' ... Nope!
> 'Litemash' ... Nope!
> 'Shamelit' ... Nope!
>
> I give up!!

Lame shit, Daniel.

--
“The timelines and … canon … are rupturing” - the Doctor

Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22

<ut9ecu$68oe$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111225&group=rec.arts.drwho#111225

From: daniel47@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 00:08:47 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 13:08 UTC

The Last Doctor wrote on 18/3/24 11:31 pm:
> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>> Blueshirt wrote on 18/3/24 8:27 am:
>>
>> <Snip>
>>
>>> Timelash is an anagram of you know what... nuff said.
>>>
>> "Anagram"?? Mix the letters up to make another word!
>>
>> 'Timelash'??
>> 'Ashmelit' ... Nope!
>> 'Litmeash' ... Nope!
>> 'Litemash' ... Nope!
>> 'Shamelit' ... Nope!
>>
>> I give up!!
>
> Lame shit, Daniel.

Sorry!! Is that the answer Blue shirt was alluding to??
--
Daniel

Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22

<ut9k23$1sem$8@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111235&group=rec.arts.drwho#111235

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 14:45:23 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 14:45 UTC

In article <ut974t$4rih$1@dont-email.me>,
Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>Blueshirt wrote on 18/3/24 8:27 am:
>
><Snip>
>
>> Timelash is an anagram of you know what... nuff said.
>>
>"Anagram"?? Mix the letters up to make another word!
>
>'Timelash'??
>'Ashmelit' ... Nope!
>'Litmeash' ... Nope!
>'Litemash' ... Nope!
>'Shamelit' ... Nope!

Lames*t

Clue!

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22

<ut9k3m$1sem$10@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111237&group=rec.arts.drwho#111237

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 14:46:14 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 14:46 UTC

In article <ut9c7j$5urk$1@dont-email.me>,
The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>> Blueshirt wrote on 18/3/24 8:27 am:
>>
>> <Snip>
>>
>>> Timelash is an anagram of you know what... nuff said.
>>>
>> "Anagram"?? Mix the letters up to make another word!
>>
>> 'Timelash'??
>> 'Ashmelit' ... Nope!
>> 'Litmeash' ... Nope!
>> 'Litemash' ... Nope!
>> 'Shamelit' ... Nope!
>>
>> I give up!!
>
>Lame s*t, Daniel.

You have to question Daniel.

>--
>“The timelines and … canon … are rupturing” - the Doctor

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22

<ut9k4p$1sem$11@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111238&group=rec.arts.drwho#111238

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 14:46:50 -0000 (UTC)

In article <ut9ecu$68oe$1@dont-email.me>,
Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>The Last Doctor wrote on 18/3/24 11:31 pm:
>> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>>> Blueshirt wrote on 18/3/24 8:27 am:
>>>
>>> <Snip>

>>> "Anagram"?? Mix the letters up to make another word!
>>>
>>> 'Timelash'??
>>> 'Ashmelit' ... Nope!
>>> 'Litmeash' ... Nope!
>>> 'Litemash' ... Nope!
>>> 'Shamelit' ... Nope!
>>>
>>> I give up!!
>>
>> Lame s*t, Daniel.
>>
>Sorry!! Is that the answer Blue shirt was alluding to??

Yes!

That has been an radw joke for 40 years!

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22

<xn0ojh41z25ixyi003@reader.xsnews.nl>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111245&group=rec.arts.drwho#111245

From: blueshirt@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 16:14:15 +0000
 by: Blueshirt - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 16:14 UTC

Daniel65 wrote:

> The Last Doctor wrote on 18/3/24 11:31 pm:
> >Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
> > > Blueshirt wrote on 18/3/24 8:27 am:
> > >
> > > <Snip>

> > > "Anagram"?? Mix the letters up to make another word!
> > >
> > > 'Timelash'??
> > > 'Ashmelit' ... Nope!
> > > 'Litmeash' ... Nope!
> > > 'Litemash' ... Nope!
> > > 'Shamelit' ... Nope!
> > >
> > > I give up!!
> >
> > Lame shit, Daniel.
> >
> Sorry!! Is that the answer Blueshirt was alluding to??

Of course!

As it describes the story perfectly.

Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22

<xn0ojh42z25ke75004@reader.xsnews.nl>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111246&group=rec.arts.drwho#111246

From: blueshirt@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 16:15:23 +0000
 by: Blueshirt - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 16:15 UTC

Daniel65 wrote:

> Blueshirt wrote on 18/3/24 8:27 am:
>
> <Snip>
>
> > Timelash is an anagram of you know what... nuff said.
> >
> "Anagram"?? Mix the letters up to make another word!
>
> 'Timelash'??
> 'Ashmelit' ... Nope!
> 'Litmeash' ... Nope!
> 'Litemash' ... Nope!
> 'Shamelit' ... Nope!
>
> I give up!!

How long have you been on RADW?

That's an old one!

Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22

<ut9qr2$158m$2@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111251&group=rec.arts.drwho#111251

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 16:41:06 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 16:41 UTC

In article <xn0ojh41z25ixyi003@reader.xsnews.nl>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>Daniel65 wrote:
>
>> The Last Doctor wrote on 18/3/24 11:31 pm:

>> > Lame s*t, Daniel.
>> >
>> Sorry!! Is that the answer Blueshirt was alluding to??
>
>Of course!
>
>As it describes the story perfectly.

that and Twin Dilemma.
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22

<ut9qri$158m$3@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111252&group=rec.arts.drwho#111252

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 16:41:22 -0000 (UTC)

In article <xn0ojh42z25ke75004@reader.xsnews.nl>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>Daniel65 wrote:
>
>> Blueshirt wrote on 18/3/24 8:27 am:
>>
>> <Snip>
>>
>> > Timelash is an anagram of you know what... nuff said.
>> >
>> "Anagram"?? Mix the letters up to make another word!
>>
>> 'Timelash'??
>> 'Ashmelit' ... Nope!
>> 'Litmeash' ... Nope!
>> 'Litemash' ... Nope!
>> 'Shamelit' ... Nope!
>>
>> I give up!!
>
>How long have you been on RADW?
>
>That's an old one!

Back to the 1980s!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22

<Ga5YZyoLczB@ATH>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111259&group=rec.arts.drwho#111259

From: ATH@kruemel.org (Mickmane)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 19:12:00 +0100
 by: Mickmane - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 18:12 UTC

On 18.03.24, Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:

[Season 22]
> I didn't really like the Rani story either... I would have
> preferred the Rani to be used on her own, not in a team-up with
> the Master. But the truth is I never really like Ainley's Master
> anyway.

I liked her comments on the Master, made him being in the episode
bearable.

> Timelash is an anagram of you know what... nuff said.

Tha slime?

/me sees rest of thread...

Oh.

--

Mickmane

Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22

<uta7r4$1vj8$3@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111263&group=rec.arts.drwho#111263

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 20:23:00 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 20:23 UTC

In article <Ga5YZyoLczB@ATH>, Mickmane <ATH@kruemel.org> wrote:
>On 18.03.24, Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>
>[Season 22]
>> I didn't really like the Rani story either... I would have
>> preferred the Rani to be used on her own, not in a team-up with
>> the Master. But the truth is I never really like Ainley's Master
>> anyway.
>
>I liked her comments on the Master, made him being in the episode
>bearable.
>
>> Timelash is an anagram of you know what... nuff said.
>
>Tha slime?
>
>/me sees rest of thread...
>
>Oh.

lamer!

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22

<utbp91$p7tp$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111302&group=rec.arts.drwho#111302

From: daniel47@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 21:26:43 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Tue, 19 Mar 2024 10:26 UTC

Blueshirt wrote on 19/3/24 3:15 am:
> Daniel65 wrote:
>> Blueshirt wrote on 18/3/24 8:27 am:
>>
>> <Snip>
>>
>>> Timelash is an anagram of you know what... nuff said.
>>>
>> "Anagram"?? Mix the letters up to make another word!
>>
>> 'Timelash'??
>> 'Ashmelit' ... Nope!
>> 'Litmeash' ... Nope!
>> 'Litemash' ... Nope!
>> 'Shamelit' ... Nope!
>>
>> I give up!!
>
> How long have you been on RADW?

I think since 2004 or so.

> That's an old one!

Sorry! First time for me.
--
Daniel

Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22

<xn0ojiana3a52ah00b@reader.xsnews.nl>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111305&group=rec.arts.drwho#111305

From: blueshirt@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 11:12:02 +0000
 by: Blueshirt - Tue, 19 Mar 2024 11:12 UTC

Daniel65 wrote:

> Blueshirt wrote on 19/3/24 3:15 am:
> >
> > How long have you been on RADW?
>
> I think since 2004 or so.

That's long enough.

> > That's an old one!
> >
> Sorry! First time for me.

No way!!!

The memory must have forgotten... or the signal to noise ratio
here was higher in the good ol' days and the nonsense slipped
past you.

The good thing is, as you trawl through the RADW archives you'll
comes across lame shit in the very near future... guaranteed! :-)

Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22

<utc64a$278o$20@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111326&group=rec.arts.drwho#111326

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 14:06:02 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Tue, 19 Mar 2024 14:06 UTC

In article <utbp91$p7tp$2@dont-email.me>,
Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>Blueshirt wrote on 19/3/24 3:15 am:
>> Daniel65 wrote:
>>> Blueshirt wrote on 18/3/24 8:27 am:
>>>
>>> <Snip>

>>> "Anagram"?? Mix the letters up to make another word!
>>>
>>> 'Timelash'??
>>> 'Ashmelit' ... Nope!
>>> 'Litmeash' ... Nope!
>>> 'Litemash' ... Nope!
>>> 'Shamelit' ... Nope!
>>>
>>> I give up!!
>>
>> How long have you been on RADW?
>
>I think since 2004 or so.
>
>> That's an old one!
>>
>Sorry! First time for me.

There you go!

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22

<utc68b$278o$23@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111329&group=rec.arts.drwho#111329

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 14:08:11 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Tue, 19 Mar 2024 14:08 UTC

In article <xn0ojiana3a52ah00b@reader.xsnews.nl>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>Daniel65 wrote:
>
>> Blueshirt wrote on 19/3/24 3:15 am:
>> >
>> > How long have you been on RADW?
>>
>> I think since 2004 or so.
>
>That's long enough.
>
>> > That's an old one!
>> >
>> Sorry! First time for me.
>
>No way!!!
>
>The memory must have forgotten... or the signal to noise ratio
>here was higher in the good ol' days and the nonsense slipped
>past you.
>
>The good thing is, as you trawl through the RADW archives you'll
>comes across lame shit in the very near future... guaranteed! :-)

Reb-beard's memory is not his strong point Captain Blue-Beard!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22

<xn0ojihpl3jsg4z005@reader.xsnews.nl>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111338&group=rec.arts.drwho#111338

From: blueshirt@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 15:41:19 +0000
 by: Blueshirt - Tue, 19 Mar 2024 15:41 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <xn0ojiana3a52ah00b@reader.xsnews.nl>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> > Daniel65 wrote:

> >> Sorry! First time for me.
> >
> > No way!!!
> >
> > The memory must have forgotten... or the signal to noise
> > ratio here was higher in the good ol' days and the nonsense
> > slipped past you.
> >
> > The good thing is, as you trawl through the RADW archives
> > you'll comes across lame shit in the very near future...
> > guaranteed! :-)
>
> Reb-beard's memory is not his strong point Captain Blue-Beard!

Aye, but don't worry scurvy lad, our time will come...

Re: A Real Person reviews Season 22

<utd2lk$2mkc$8@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111352&group=rec.arts.drwho#111352

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 22:13:08 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Tue, 19 Mar 2024 22:13 UTC

In article <xn0ojihpl3jsg4z005@reader.xsnews.nl>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>The Doctor wrote:
>
>> In article <xn0ojiana3a52ah00b@reader.xsnews.nl>,
>> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:

>> > No way!!!
>> >
>> > The memory must have forgotten... or the signal to noise
>> > ratio here was higher in the good ol' days and the nonsense
>> > slipped past you.
>> >
>> > The good thing is, as you trawl through the RADW archives
>> > you'll comes across lame shit in the very near future...
>> > guaranteed! :-)
>>
>> Reb-beard's memory is not his strong point Captain Blue-Beard!
>
>Aye, but don't worry scurvy lad, our time will come...

I can still recall 54 years ago!