Why do we have two eyes? To watch 3-D movies with.

arts / rec.music.opera / Re: Daniele Barioni's birthday

SubjectAuthor
* Daniele Barioni's birthdaygggg gggg
`- Daniele Barioni's birthdaygggg gggg

1
Re: Daniele Barioni's birthday

<eafe63b9-5e29-43b9-ab8e-92e789c34490n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=1116&group=rec.music.opera#1116

Newsgroups: rec.music.opera
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2022 18:48:29 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Daniele Barioni's birthday
From: ggggg9271@gmail.com (gggg gggg)
 by: gggg gggg - Wed, 9 Nov 2022 02:48 UTC

On Wednesday, September 6, 2006 at 8:13:13 AM UTC-7, Charlie3 wrote:
> Hi all,
> Many of us have what is known as our "sleeper singers," (i.e.
> artists possibly less-known than the "big ones" for whom we have felt a
> special love over the years,and whom we feel deserved more attention.)
> Such an artists is today's birthday celebrant, tenor Daniele Barioni,
> born on Sept.6, 1930.
> Barioni mad a surprise debut as Cavaradossi,replacing
> Giuseppe campora, in 1957. When the man opened his mouth in the
> "Recondita Armonia," we standees were totally enraptured by the sheer
> honeyed tone,especially in the middle voice. (Just play the Bongiovanni
> recital and I think you will agree, and if you think Corelli held the
> "Turandot" long when he rang the gong, take out a stop-watch and listen
> to the live excerpt with Barioni) .) I particularly recall an example
> of a phrase in Mme.Butterfly that usually goes for nothing special, but
> in his voice, it was something that melted us: "Beviamo ai novissimi
> legami"..before the entrance of the Bonzo.
> As time passed,we did note a tendency to spread on the
> top notes, and the career did not last as long as it could have, but we
> did have a chance to hear the man in his prime years, and we were
> thrilled. I also recommend you listen to the opening of the RCA Rondine
> ensemble in act two (Beva al tuo fresco sorriso),and that represents
> the special dark-hued beautiuful quality of Barioni's voice.
> I recall that his young wife, violinist Vera
> Franceschi, died tragically of cancer, and then shortly after we lost
> track of the man, and wonder if he did much in other countries, and
> where he might be today. I do remember a humorous title for a recording
> he made on LP.It was entitled, "E avanti a lui tremava tutto il
> Metropolitan."
> Wherever the guy is, a very happy birthday. We
> did not have him long, but what we had was glorious! Charlie

RIP:

https://slippedisc.com/2022/11/famed-italian-tenor-dies-at-92/

Re: Daniele Barioni's birthday

<6881e64a-c0be-4092-baf2-119d647c5a2an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=1117&group=rec.music.opera#1117

Newsgroups: rec.music.opera
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2022 19:07:54 -0800 (PST)
From: ggggg9271@gmail.com (gggg gggg)
 by: gggg gggg - Wed, 9 Nov 2022 03:07 UTC

On Tuesday, November 8, 2022 at 6:48:31 PM UTC-8, gggg gggg wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 6, 2006 at 8:13:13 AM UTC-7, Charlie3 wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > Many of us have what is known as our "sleeper singers," (i.e.
> > artists possibly less-known than the "big ones" for whom we have felt a
> > special love over the years,and whom we feel deserved more attention.)
> > Such an artists is today's birthday celebrant, tenor Daniele Barioni,
> > born on Sept.6, 1930.
> > Barioni mad a surprise debut as Cavaradossi,replacing
> > Giuseppe campora, in 1957. When the man opened his mouth in the
> > "Recondita Armonia," we standees were totally enraptured by the sheer
> > honeyed tone,especially in the middle voice. (Just play the Bongiovanni
> > recital and I think you will agree, and if you think Corelli held the
> > "Turandot" long when he rang the gong, take out a stop-watch and listen
> > to the live excerpt with Barioni) .) I particularly recall an example
> > of a phrase in Mme.Butterfly that usually goes for nothing special, but
> > in his voice, it was something that melted us: "Beviamo ai novissimi
> > legami"..before the entrance of the Bonzo.
> > As time passed,we did note a tendency to spread on the
> > top notes, and the career did not last as long as it could have, but we
> > did have a chance to hear the man in his prime years, and we were
> > thrilled. I also recommend you listen to the opening of the RCA Rondine
> > ensemble in act two (Beva al tuo fresco sorriso),and that represents
> > the special dark-hued beautiuful quality of Barioni's voice.
> > I recall that his young wife, violinist Vera
> > Franceschi, died tragically of cancer, and then shortly after we lost
> > track of the man, and wonder if he did much in other countries, and
> > where he might be today. I do remember a humorous title for a recording
> > he made on LP.It was entitled, "E avanti a lui tremava tutto il
> > Metropolitan."
> > Wherever the guy is, a very happy birthday. We
> > did not have him long, but what we had was glorious! Charlie
> RIP:
>
> https://slippedisc.com/2022/11/famed-italian-tenor-dies-at-92/

Lots of Barioni on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=barioni