Maternity pay? Now every Tom, Dick and Harry will get pregnant. -- Malcolm Smith

arts / rec.arts.drwho / Episodes

SubjectAuthor
* EpisodesThe Last Doctor
+* Re: EpisodesBlueshirt
|`- Re: EpisodesThe Doctor
+* Re: EpisodesThe Doctor
|`* Re: EpisodesThe Last Doctor
| `- Re: EpisodesThe Doctor
`* Re: EpisodesBlueshirt
 +* Re: EpisodesThe Last Doctor
 |`- Re: EpisodesThe Doctor
 `* Re: EpisodesThe Doctor
  `* Re: EpisodesBlueshirt
   `- Re: EpisodesThe Doctor

1
Episodes

<uuc855$1u58u$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111840&group=rec.arts.drwho#111840

From: mike@xenocyte.com (The Last Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Episodes
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2024 17:56:53 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:wYx2mXlifkEnIJEi5eZGEJnoR8k=
 by: The Last Doctor - Sun, 31 Mar 2024 17:56 UTC

SPACE BABIES: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Julie Anne Robinson

THE DEVIL’S CHORD: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Ben Chessell

BOOM: Written by Steven Moffat, directed by Julie Anne Robinson

73 YARDS: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Dylan Holmes Williams

DOT AND BUBBLE: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Dylan Holmes
Williams

ROGUE: Written by Kate Herron and Briony Redman, directed by Ben Chessell

THE LEGEND OF RUBY SUNDAY: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Jamie
Donoughue

EMPIRE OF DEATH: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Jamie Donoughue

6 of 8 written by RTD. Plus a Moffat - penned one and one from Kate Herron
(mainly known as a director) and Briony Redman (mainly known as an actor
and comedian, apparently).

Too much RTD creative input in my opinion - but still, could be great …

--
“The timelines and … canon … are rupturing” - the Doctor

Re: Episodes

<xn0ojzjfc6m6a53001@reader.xsnews.nl>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111846&group=rec.arts.drwho#111846

From: blueshirt@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Subject: Re: Episodes
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2024 20:00:48 +0100
 by: Blueshirt - Sun, 31 Mar 2024 19:00 UTC

The Last Doctor wrote:

> SPACE BABIES: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Julie
> Anne Robinson
>
> THE DEVIL’S CHORD: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by
> Ben Chessell
>
> BOOM: Written by Steven Moffat, directed by Julie Anne Robinson
>
> 73 YARDS: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Dylan
> Holmes Williams
>
> DOT AND BUBBLE: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Dylan
> Holmes Williams
>
> ROGUE: Written by Kate Herron and Briony Redman, directed by
> Ben Chessell
>
> THE LEGEND OF RUBY SUNDAY: Written by Russell T Davies,
> directed by Jamie Donoughue
>
> EMPIRE OF DEATH: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by
> Jamie Donoughue
>
> 6 of 8 written by RTD. Plus a Moffat - penned one and one from
> Kate Herron (mainly known as a director) and Briony Redman
> (mainly known as an actor and comedian, apparently).
>
> Too much RTD creative input in my opinion - but still, could
> be great …

I'd like to think the new season will be great. However, RTD can
be a marmite writer and his vision of what Doctor Who (as a
show) should be isn't shared by everyone. So the lack of variety
in the writers might not be a good thing.

We'll soon find out though...

Re: Episodes

<uucd1q$7f4$4@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111850&group=rec.arts.drwho#111850

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2024 19:20:26 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sun, 31 Mar 2024 19:20 UTC

In article <uuc855$1u58u$1@dont-email.me>,
The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote:

>SPACE BABIES: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Julie Anne Robinson
>
>THE DEVIL’S CHORD: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Ben Chessell
>
>BOOM: Written by Steven Moffat, directed by Julie Anne Robinson
>
>73 YARDS: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Dylan Holmes Williams
>
>DOT AND BUBBLE: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Dylan Holmes
>Williams
>
>ROGUE: Written by Kate Herron and Briony Redman, directed by Ben Chessell
>
>THE LEGEND OF RUBY SUNDAY: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Jamie
>Donoughue
>
>EMPIRE OF DEATH: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Jamie Donoughue
>
>6 of 8 written by RTD. Plus a Moffat - penned one and one from Kate Herron
>(mainly known as a director) and Briony Redman (mainly known as an actor
>and comedian, apparently).
>
>Too much RTD creative input in my opinion - but still, could be great …

But Is RTD suffering from JN-T complex?

>--
>“The timelines and … canon … are rupturing” - the Doctor

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Episodes

<uucd6a$7f4$9@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111855&group=rec.arts.drwho#111855

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2024 19:22:50 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sun, 31 Mar 2024 19:22 UTC

In article <xn0ojzjfc6m6a53001@reader.xsnews.nl>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>The Last Doctor wrote:
>

>> SPACE BABIES: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Julie
>> Anne Robinson
>>
>> THE DEVIL’S CHORD: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by
>> Ben Chessell
>>
>> BOOM: Written by Steven Moffat, directed by Julie Anne Robinson
>>
>> 73 YARDS: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Dylan
>> Holmes Williams
>>
>> DOT AND BUBBLE: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Dylan
>> Holmes Williams
>>
>> ROGUE: Written by Kate Herron and Briony Redman, directed by
>> Ben Chessell
>>
>> THE LEGEND OF RUBY SUNDAY: Written by Russell T Davies,
>> directed by Jamie Donoughue
>>
>> EMPIRE OF DEATH: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by
>> Jamie Donoughue
>>
>> 6 of 8 written by RTD. Plus a Moffat - penned one and one from
>> Kate Herron (mainly known as a director) and Briony Redman
>> (mainly known as an actor and comedian, apparently).
>>
>> Too much RTD creative input in my opinion - but still, could
>> be great …
>
>I'd like to think the new season will be great. However, RTD can
>be a marmite writer and his vision of what Doctor Who (as a
>show) should be isn't shared by everyone. So the lack of variety
>in the writers might not be a good thing.
>
>We'll soon find out though...

If RTD is the 2nd coming of JN-t?
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Episodes

<uuduvl$2dl98$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111878&group=rec.arts.drwho#111878

From: mike@xenocyte.com (The Last Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 09:32:37 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:BJJKebNyDVybwSG8xmSCv+lSz3U=
 by: The Last Doctor - Mon, 1 Apr 2024 09:32 UTC

The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
> In article <uuc855$1u58u$1@dont-email.me>,
> The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>>
>> SPACE BABIES: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Julie Anne Robinson
>>
>> THE DEVIL’S CHORD: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Ben Chessell
>>
>> BOOM: Written by Steven Moffat, directed by Julie Anne Robinson
>>
>> 73 YARDS: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Dylan Holmes Williams
>>
>> DOT AND BUBBLE: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Dylan Holmes
>> Williams
>>
>> ROGUE: Written by Kate Herron and Briony Redman, directed by Ben Chessell
>>
>> THE LEGEND OF RUBY SUNDAY: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Jamie
>> Donoughue
>>
>> EMPIRE OF DEATH: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Jamie Donoughue
>>
>> 6 of 8 written by RTD. Plus a Moffat - penned one and one from Kate Herron
>> (mainly known as a director) and Briony Redman (mainly known as an actor
>> and comedian, apparently).
>>
>> Too much RTD creative input in my opinion - but still, could be great …
>>

> But Is RTD suffering from JN-T complex?

What exactly do you think you mean by that Dave? Try to respond in enough
detail that there is a remote chance you will be understood (hint; that is
vanishingly unlikely to be accomplished in a single sentence).

It’s impossible to answer a question when the question has no context
(“JN-T complex” contains only the information that we can infer that you
mean John Nathan-Turner, and that you think he had some sort of “complex”.
But not what you think that was.)
--
“The timelines and … canon … are rupturing” - the Doctor

Re: Episodes

<uueijf$dsb$3@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111888&group=rec.arts.drwho#111888

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 15:07:27 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Mon, 1 Apr 2024 15:07 UTC

In article <uuduvl$2dl98$1@dont-email.me>,
The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
>> In article <uuc855$1u58u$1@dont-email.me>,
>> The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> SPACE BABIES: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Julie Anne Robinson
>>>
>>> THE DEVIL’S CHORD: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Ben Chessell
>>>
>>> BOOM: Written by Steven Moffat, directed by Julie Anne Robinson
>>>
>>> 73 YARDS: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Dylan Holmes Williams
>>>
>>> DOT AND BUBBLE: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Dylan Holmes
>>> Williams
>>>
>>> ROGUE: Written by Kate Herron and Briony Redman, directed by Ben Chessell
>>>
>>> THE LEGEND OF RUBY SUNDAY: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Jamie
>>> Donoughue
>>>
>>> EMPIRE OF DEATH: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Jamie Donoughue
>>>
>>> 6 of 8 written by RTD. Plus a Moffat - penned one and one from Kate Herron
>>> (mainly known as a director) and Briony Redman (mainly known as an actor
>>> and comedian, apparently).
>>>
>>> Too much RTD creative input in my opinion - but still, could be great …
>>>

>> But Is RTD suffering from JN-T complex?
>
>What exactly do you think you mean by that Dave? Try to respond in enough
>detail that there is a remote chance you will be understood (hint; that is
>vanishingly unlikely to be accomplished in a single sentence).
>
>It’s impossible to answer a question when the question has no context
>(“JN-T complex” contains only the information that we can infer that you
>mean John Nathan-Turner, and that you think he had some sort of “complex”.
>But not what you think that was.)

REcall JN-T in the 1980s?

RTD seems to in that situation now.

>--
>“The timelines and … canon … are rupturing” - the Doctor

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Episodes

<xn0olgnlpa00e3j000@news.eweka.nl>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=114557&group=rec.arts.drwho#114557

From: blueshirt@eweka.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 05 May 2024 13:06:24 GMT
 by: Blueshirt - Sun, 5 May 2024 13:06 UTC

The Last Doctor wrote:

> SPACE BABIES: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Julie
> Anne Robinson

BBC1 Saturday 11th May - 18:20 (BST)

> THE DEVIL’S CHORD: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by
> Ben Chessell

BBC1 Saturday 11th May - 19:05 (BST)

Re: Episodes

<v189mf$1uai8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=114563&group=rec.arts.drwho#114563

From: mike@xenocyte.com (The Last Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 5 May 2024 15:47:27 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:ooJ1vCga1xowC5VTBL8w4xQeS74=
 by: The Last Doctor - Sun, 5 May 2024 15:47 UTC

Blueshirt <blueshirt@eweka.news> wrote:
> The Last Doctor wrote:
>

>> SPACE BABIES: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Julie
>> Anne Robinson

BBC iPlayer Saturday 11th May - 00:01 (BST) then later

> BBC1 Saturday 11th May - 18:20 (BST)

>> THE DEVIL’S CHORD: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by
>> Ben Chessell

BBC iPlayer Saturday 11th May - 00:01 (BST) then later

> BBC1 Saturday 11th May - 19:05 (BST)

--
“The timelines and … canon … are rupturing” - the Doctor

Re: Episodes

<v18k5v$1hkr$2@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=114566&group=rec.arts.drwho#114566

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 5 May 2024 18:46:23 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sun, 5 May 2024 18:46 UTC

In article <xn0olgnlpa00e3j000@news.eweka.nl>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@eweka.news> wrote:
>The Last Doctor wrote:
>

>> SPACE BABIES: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Julie
>> Anne Robinson
>
>BBC1 Saturday 11th May - 18:20 (BST)
>
>> THE DEVIL’S CHORD: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by
>> Ben Chessell
>
>BBC1 Saturday 11th May - 19:05 (BST)

Got it!!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism ;

Re: Episodes

<v18kam$1hkr$8@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=114573&group=rec.arts.drwho#114573

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 5 May 2024 18:48:54 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sun, 5 May 2024 18:48 UTC

In article <v189mf$1uai8$1@dont-email.me>,
The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>Blueshirt <blueshirt@eweka.news> wrote:
>> The Last Doctor wrote:
>>

>>> SPACE BABIES: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Julie
>>> Anne Robinson
>
>BBC iPlayer Saturday 11th May - 00:01 (BST) then later
>
>> BBC1 Saturday 11th May - 18:20 (BST)
>
>>> THE DEVIL’S CHORD: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by
>>> Ben Chessell
>
>BBC iPlayer Saturday 11th May - 00:01 (BST) then later
>
>> BBC1 Saturday 11th May - 19:05 (BST)
>
>--
>“The timelines and … canon … are rupturing” - the Doctor

and Blisney+
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism ;

Re: Episodes

<xn0olhs3xb1w6do001@post.eweka.nl>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=114580&group=rec.arts.drwho#114580

From: blueshirt@eweka.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 6 May 2024 07:45:27 +0100
 by: Blueshirt - Mon, 6 May 2024 06:45 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <xn0olgnlpa00e3j000@news.eweka.nl>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@eweka.news> wrote:
> > The Last Doctor wrote:
> >

> >> SPACE BABIES: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Julie
> >> Anne Robinson
> >
> > BBC1 Saturday 11th May - 18:20 (BST)
> >
> >> THE DEVIL’S CHORD: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by
> >> Ben Chessell
> >
> > BBC1 Saturday 11th May - 19:05 (BST)
>
> Got it!!

It wasn't aimed at you to get! (You live in Canada.) It was
aimed at people in the UK who want to watch Doctor Who
old-school style on BBC1.

Most of us will probably have watched it hours before
transmission on BBC1 before we went to bed or after we got up.

Re: Episodes

<v1amvc$2geo$6@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=114604&group=rec.arts.drwho#114604

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 6 May 2024 13:46:20 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Mon, 6 May 2024 13:46 UTC

In article <xn0olhs3xb1w6do001@post.eweka.nl>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@eweka.news> wrote:
>The Doctor wrote:
>
>> In article <xn0olgnlpa00e3j000@news.eweka.nl>,
>> Blueshirt <blueshirt@eweka.news> wrote:

>> > BBC1 Saturday 11th May - 18:20 (BST)

>> > BBC1 Saturday 11th May - 19:05 (BST)
>>
>> Got it!!
>
>It wasn't aimed at you to get! (You live in Canada.) It was
>aimed at people in the UK who want to watch Doctor Who
>old-school style on BBC1.
>
>Most of us will probably have watched it hours before
>transmission on BBC1 before we went to bed or after we got up.

But already available on iplayer and Disney+ 18 hours earlier.