A man who turns green has eschewed protein.

arts / rec.arts.drwho / Re: And HERE it is!!

SubjectAuthor
* And HERE it is!!Daniel65
+* Re: And HERE it is!!Blueshirt
|+* Re: And HERE it is!!Daniel65
||+* Re: And HERE it is!!Blueshirt
|||`- Re: And HERE it is!!The Doctor
||`- Re: And HERE it is!!The Doctor
|`- Re: And HERE it is!!The Doctor
`- Re: And HERE it is!!The Doctor

1
And HERE it is!!

<uugo8v$35lrk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111919&group=rec.arts.drwho#111919

From: daniel47@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: And HERE it is!!
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 21:56:35 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 10:56 UTC

I know you have all been waiting for me, on my travels through the
rec.arts.drwho archives, to come across the first post by "our" very own
David Yadallee. Well here it is .... from 01/05/1991

Hello again from Edmonton Alberta. This is Dave Yadallee I now hand you
over to Sean Samson, Secretary of the local Doctor Who Chapter.

We are starting a petition to the BBC concerning the current state of
their science fiction programme, Doctor Who. Over the past year and a
half, the BBC has continually stagnated in its promise to offer a new
series of stories. Because of this long-drawn-out hiatus, coupled with
the BBC's policy of not revealing the reasons for the delay in an
announcement, we feel fans of the programme need to show their support
by asking that the BBC come to a resolution immediately. Hopefully, this
will provoke a positive response from the Corporation.

NAME: (Please print) CITY: SIGNATURE:
End Quote.

Sure, it starts off with "Hello again ....", implying there had been
others before hand, but they skipped my attention ..... possibly because
HE wasn't calling himself "The Doctor" yet!!
* Hew effective his campaign must have been!! ...... " NOT* "!!
--
Daniel

Re: And HERE it is!!

<xn0ok3g30922m5n001@reader.xsnews.nl>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111922&group=rec.arts.drwho#111922

From: blueshirt@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Subject: Re: And HERE it is!!
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 13:01:24 +0100
 by: Blueshirt - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 12:01 UTC

Daniel65 wrote:

> I know you have all been waiting for me, on my travels through
> the rec.arts.drwho archives, to come across the first post by
> "our" very own David Yadallee. Well here it is .... from
> 01/05/1991

> Hello again from Edmonton Alberta. This is Dave Yadallee I now
> hand you over to Sean Samson, Secretary of the local Doctor
> Who Chapter.
>
> We are starting a petition to the BBC concerning the current
> state of their science fiction programme, Doctor Who. Over the
> past year and a half, the BBC has continually stagnated in its
> promise to offer a new series of stories. Because of this
> long-drawn-out hiatus, coupled with the BBC's policy of not
> revealing the reasons for the delay in an announcement, we
> feel fans of the programme need to show their support by
> asking that the BBC come to a resolution immediately.
> Hopefully, this will provoke a positive response from the
> Corporation.
>
> NAME: (Please print) CITY: SIGNATURE:
> End Quote.
>
> Sure, it starts off with "Hello again ....", implying there
> had been others before hand, but they skipped my attention
> ..... possibly because HE wasn't calling himself "The Doctor"
> yet!! * Hew effective his campaign must have been!! ...... "
> NOT* "!!

I dunno, Doctor Who did came back in 1996... so it might have
been a slow process, but how do we know that Dave's petitions to
the BBC didn't work? After all, the TVM was filmed in Canada!

;-)

Re: And HERE it is!!

<uuh21o$3805g$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111928&group=rec.arts.drwho#111928

From: daniel47@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 00:43:27 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 13:43 UTC

Blueshirt wrote on 2/4/24 11:01 pm:
> Daniel65 wrote:
>
>> I know you have all been waiting for me, on my travels through
>> the rec.arts.drwho archives, to come across the first post by
>> "our" very own David Yadallee. Well here it is .... from
>> 01/05/1991

>> Hello again from Edmonton Alberta. This is Dave Yadallee I now
>> hand you over to Sean Samson, Secretary of the local Doctor
>> Who Chapter.
>>
>> We are starting a petition to the BBC concerning the current
>> state of their science fiction programme, Doctor Who. Over the
>> past year and a half, the BBC has continually stagnated in its
>> promise to offer a new series of stories. Because of this
>> long-drawn-out hiatus, coupled with the BBC's policy of not
>> revealing the reasons for the delay in an announcement, we
>> feel fans of the programme need to show their support by
>> asking that the BBC come to a resolution immediately.
>> Hopefully, this will provoke a positive response from the
>> Corporation.
>>
>> NAME: (Please print) CITY: SIGNATURE:
>> End Quote.
>>
>> Sure, it starts off with "Hello again ....", implying there
>> had been others before hand, but they skipped my attention
>> ..... possibly because HE wasn't calling himself "The Doctor"
>> yet!! * Hew effective his campaign must have been!! ...... "
>> NOT* "!!
>
> I dunno, Doctor Who did came back in 1996... so it might have
> been a slow process, but how do we know that Dave's petitions to
> the BBC didn't work? After all, the TVM was filmed in Canada!
>
> ;-)

Was it, really?? Well, that's my thing for the Day!!
--
Daniel

Re: And HERE it is!!

<xn0ok3ju0977nrd000@reader.xsnews.nl>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111929&group=rec.arts.drwho#111929

From: blueshirt@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 15:25:17 +0100
 by: Blueshirt - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 14:25 UTC

Daniel65 wrote:

> Blueshirt wrote on 2/4/24 11:01 pm:
> > Daniel65 wrote:
> > >
> > > Sure, it starts off with "Hello again ....", implying there
> > > had been others before hand, but they skipped my attention
> > > ..... possibly because HE wasn't calling himself "The
> > > Doctor" yet!! * Hew effective his campaign must have
> > > been!! ...... " NOT* "!!
> >
> > I dunno, Doctor Who did came back in 1996... so it might have
> > been a slow process, but how do we know that Dave's
> > petitions to the BBC didn't work? After all, the TVM was
> > filmed in Canada!
> >
> Was it, really?? Well, that's my thing for the Day!!

I'm sure everyone knew that, even you... well, at the time.

28 years later is another matter though!

:-)

Re: And HERE it is!!

<uuh76r$31h$5@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111944&group=rec.arts.drwho#111944

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 15:11:23 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 15:11 UTC

In article <uugo8v$35lrk$1@dont-email.me>,
Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>I know you have all been waiting for me, on my travels through the
>rec.arts.drwho archives, to come across the first post by "our" very own
>David Yadallee. Well here it is .... from 01/05/1991

>Hello again from Edmonton Alberta. This is Dave Yadallee I now hand you
>over to Sean Samson, Secretary of the local Doctor Who Chapter.
>
>We are starting a petition to the BBC concerning the current state of
>their science fiction programme, Doctor Who. Over the past year and a
>half, the BBC has continually stagnated in its promise to offer a new
>series of stories. Because of this long-drawn-out hiatus, coupled with
>the BBC's policy of not revealing the reasons for the delay in an
>announcement, we feel fans of the programme need to show their support
>by asking that the BBC come to a resolution immediately. Hopefully, this
>will provoke a positive response from the Corporation.
>
>NAME: (Please print) CITY: SIGNATURE:
>End Quote.
>
>Sure, it starts off with "Hello again ....", implying there had been
>others before hand, but they skipped my attention ..... possibly because
>HE wasn't calling himself "The Doctor" yet!!
>*
>Hew effective his campaign must have been!! ...... " NOT* "!!

OH?!

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: And HERE it is!!

<uuh7a8$31h$8@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111948&group=rec.arts.drwho#111948

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 15:13:12 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 15:13 UTC

In article <xn0ok3g30922m5n001@reader.xsnews.nl>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>Daniel65 wrote:
>
>> I know you have all been waiting for me, on my travels through
>> the rec.arts.drwho archives, to come across the first post by
>> "our" very own David Yadallee. Well here it is .... from
>> 01/05/1991

>> Hello again from Edmonton Alberta. This is Dave Yadallee I now
>> hand you over to Sean Samson, Secretary of the local Doctor
>> Who Chapter.
>>
>> We are starting a petition to the BBC concerning the current
>> state of their science fiction programme, Doctor Who. Over the
>> past year and a half, the BBC has continually stagnated in its
>> promise to offer a new series of stories. Because of this
>> long-drawn-out hiatus, coupled with the BBC's policy of not
>> revealing the reasons for the delay in an announcement, we
>> feel fans of the programme need to show their support by
>> asking that the BBC come to a resolution immediately.
>> Hopefully, this will provoke a positive response from the
>> Corporation.
>>
>> NAME: (Please print) CITY: SIGNATURE:
>> End Quote.
>>
>> Sure, it starts off with "Hello again ....", implying there
>> had been others before hand, but they skipped my attention
>> ..... possibly because HE wasn't calling himself "The Doctor"
>> yet!! * Hew effective his campaign must have been!! ...... "
>> NOT* "!!
>
>I dunno, Doctor Who did came back in 1996... so it might have
>been a slow process, but how do we know that Dave's petitions to
>the BBC didn't work? After all, the TVM was filmed in Canada!
>
>;-)

WEll 5 years diff!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: And HERE it is!!

<uuh7fp$31h$13@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111958&group=rec.arts.drwho#111958

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 15:16:09 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 15:16 UTC

In article <uuh21o$3805g$3@dont-email.me>,
Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>Blueshirt wrote on 2/4/24 11:01 pm:
>> Daniel65 wrote:
>>
>>> I know you have all been waiting for me, on my travels through
>>> the rec.arts.drwho archives, to come across the first post by
>>> "our" very own David Yadallee. Well here it is .... from
>>> 01/05/1991

>>> Hello again from Edmonton Alberta. This is Dave Yadallee I now
>>> hand you over to Sean Samson, Secretary of the local Doctor
>>> Who Chapter.
>>>
>>> We are starting a petition to the BBC concerning the current
>>> state of their science fiction programme, Doctor Who. Over the
>>> past year and a half, the BBC has continually stagnated in its
>>> promise to offer a new series of stories. Because of this
>>> long-drawn-out hiatus, coupled with the BBC's policy of not
>>> revealing the reasons for the delay in an announcement, we
>>> feel fans of the programme need to show their support by
>>> asking that the BBC come to a resolution immediately.
>>> Hopefully, this will provoke a positive response from the
>>> Corporation.
>>>
>>> NAME: (Please print) CITY: SIGNATURE:
>>> End Quote.
>>>
>>> Sure, it starts off with "Hello again ....", implying there
>>> had been others before hand, but they skipped my attention
>>> ..... possibly because HE wasn't calling himself "The Doctor"
>>> yet!! * Hew effective his campaign must have been!! ...... "
>>> NOT* "!!
>>
>> I dunno, Doctor Who did came back in 1996... so it might have
>> been a slow process, but how do we know that Dave's petitions to
>> the BBC didn't work? After all, the TVM was filmed in Canada!
>>
>> ;-)
>>
>Was it, really?? Well, that's my thing for the Day!!
Do you recall 1990 to 1995 and 1997 to 2004?

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: And HERE it is!!

<uuh7gb$31h$14@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=111959&group=rec.arts.drwho#111959

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 15:16:27 -0000 (UTC)

In article <xn0ok3ju0977nrd000@reader.xsnews.nl>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>Daniel65 wrote:
>
>> Blueshirt wrote on 2/4/24 11:01 pm:

>> > I dunno, Doctor Who did came back in 1996... so it might have
>> > been a slow process, but how do we know that Dave's
>> > petitions to the BBC didn't work? After all, the TVM was
>> > filmed in Canada!
>> >
>> Was it, really?? Well, that's my thing for the Day!!
>
>I'm sure everyone knew that, even you... well, at the time.
>
>28 years later is another matter though!
>
>:-)

Fox and BBC partnered up!