From: eichlertwothedigitnotspelled@comcast.net (Bice)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.frank-zappa
Subject: Re: Charles Ulrich's The Big Note
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2023 15:52:41 GMT
 by: Bice - Sun, 17 Sep 2023 15:52 UTC

On Sun, 15 Aug 2021 23:21:37 GMT, eichler2@comcastsucks.net (Bice)
wrote:

>I finally got around to buying a copy of Charles Ulrich's book, "The
>Big Note - A Guide to the Recordings of Frank Zappa".

And this morning I finished the appendix on the Beat the Boots series,
the last part of the book. Took me two years and a month to make my
way through the whole thing, listening to each album while reading the
chapter about it.

Excellent book, I learned a ton about FZ, his music, his history and
related subjects.

Now we need a volume two to cover the posthumous releases that have
come out since the book was originally published.

-- Bob