Any man who hates dogs and babies can't be all bad. -- Leo Rosten, on W. C. Fields

arts / alt.tv.survivor / Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach QÃÃâ s Ass essmen t "

SubjectAuthor
* S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach Q’s Assessment"Brian Smith
`* Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach Q???s Assessment "Zeppo
 `* Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach Qâs Assessment "Brian Smith
  `* Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach Q??s Assessmen t "Zeppo
   `* Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach Qâs Assessmen t "Brian Smith
    +* Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach Q????s Ass essmen t "Zeppo
    |`* Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach Qâs Ass essmen t "Brian Smith
    | +* Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach Qâs Ass essmen t "Rick
    | |`- Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach Qâs Ass essmen t "Brian Smith
    | `* Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach Q??????s Ass essmen t "Zeppo
    |  `* Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach QÃâs Ass essmen t "Brian Smith
    |   +* Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach Q???????? s Ass essmen t "Zeppo
    |   |`* Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach QÃÃâ s Ass essmen t "Brian Smith
    |   | `* Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach QÃÃâ s Ass essmen t "Rick
    |   |  `- Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach QÃÃâ s Ass essmen t "Brian Smith
    |   `* Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach QÃâs Ass essmen t "Rick
    |    `- Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach QÃâs Ass essmen t "Brian Smith
    `* Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach Qâs Assessmen t "Rick
     `* Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach Qâs Assessmen t "Brian Smith
      `* Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach Q????s Ass essmen t "Zeppo
       `- Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach Qâs Ass essmen t "Brian Smith

1
S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach Q’s Assessment"

<uvfrg2$3g87v$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=1581&group=alt.tv.survivor#1581

From: dcg_brian@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Subject: S46_Ep07_Bonus_Video:_"Coach_Q’s_Assessment
"
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2024 00:01:18 -0600
 by: Brian Smith - Sun, 14 Apr 2024 06:01 UTC

This is a pretty funny and pretty interesting video of Q assessing his
competition.

https://youtu.be/M2zLfoe7GUM?si=V4Xsvo4mJMn9IG3Y

--
Brian

Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach Q???s Assessment "

<0001HW.2BCC624400022E7C30754538F@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=1582&group=alt.tv.survivor#1582

From: reg@telus.invalid (Zeppo)
Subject: Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach Q???s Assessment "
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2024 12:13:08 -0700
 by: Zeppo - Sun, 14 Apr 2024 19:13 UTC

On Apr 13, 2024, Brian Smith wrote
(in article <uvfrg2$3g87v$1@dont-email.me>):

> This is a pretty funny and pretty interesting video of Q assessing his
> competition.
>
> https://youtu.be/M2zLfoe7GUM?si=V4Xsvo4mJMn9IG3Y

As a real estate salesman, Cue has to know how to read people, and, IMO,
he has done a pretty decent job with this group. Comparing Ben to any of the
variations of Tony who have played Survivor is a stretch, and his massive ego
has convinced him that Tiffany and Kenzie have no game, and need him to
be their leader and guide. We’ll see how well that works out :-)

Re. Liz, some of the people on Sucks have a running joke going in which Liz
Is revealed as S46’s mastermind who is controlling the game without any of
the other players knowing it. It looks like Coach Cue hasn’t figured that
out
Yet :-).

Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach Qâs Assessment "

<uvhbnh$3q0vm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=1583&group=alt.tv.survivor#1583

From: dcg_brian@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Subject: Re:_S46_Ep07_Bonus_Video:_"Coach_Qâs_Assessmen
t "
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2024 13:44:28 -0600
 by: Brian Smith - Sun, 14 Apr 2024 19:44 UTC

On 4/14/2024 1:13 PM, Zeppo wrote:
> On Apr 13, 2024, Brian Smith wrote
> (in article <uvfrg2$3g87v$1@dont-email.me>):
>
>> This is a pretty funny and pretty interesting video of Q assessing his
>> competition.
>>
>> https://youtu.be/M2zLfoe7GUM?si=V4Xsvo4mJMn9IG3Y
>
> As a real estate salesman, Cue has to know how to read people, and, IMO,
> he has done a pretty decent job with this group. Comparing Ben to any of the
> variations of Tony who have played Survivor is a stretch, and his massive ego
> has convinced him that Tiffany and Kenzie have no game, and need him to
> be their leader and guide. We’ll see how well that works out :-)

His Ben assessment was very strange. He was also out to lunch concerning
Hunter. Didn't he basically say Hunter was too stupid to think
strategically on his own?

The way he underestimates Tiff and Kenz is going to be his downfall.

> Re. Liz, some of the people on Sucks have a running joke going in which Liz
> Is revealed as S46’s mastermind who is controlling the game without any of
> the other players knowing it. It looks like Coach Cue hasn’t figured that
> out
> Yet :-).

A Liz win would be iconic. It would also call for Wanda to be given a
real shot to play as far as I'm concerned. If Liz wins, I want her to
outdo Gabler and not even accept the $1 million!

--
Brian

Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach Q??s Assessmen t "

<0001HW.2BCC80E30008681730A54E38F@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=1584&group=alt.tv.survivor#1584

From: reg@telus.invalid (Zeppo)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2024 14:23:47 -0700
 by: Zeppo - Sun, 14 Apr 2024 21:23 UTC

On Apr 14, 2024, Brian Smith wrote
(in article <uvhbnh$3q0vm$1@dont-email.me>):

> His Ben assessment was very strange. He was also out to lunch concerning
> Hunter. Didn't he basically say Hunter was too stupid to think
> strategically on his own?

Yes, pretty much.

I may have mentioned this before, but Cue, with his massive ego and only
a passing relationship with reality, reminds me very much of Phillip W.
Sheppard
from Seasons 22 and 26. I knew that there was no way that Phil would win
either
of his seasons, but I sure enjoyed watching him explain what he was trying to
do.
I feel the same way about Cue.

> A Liz win would be iconic.

It’s not going to happen though given the lack of face time she had
received
prior to E07. Even Erika, who we didn’t see much of up until her adventure
with the hourglass in S41, was given some confessionals and a back story
in the early episodes.

> If Liz wins, I want her to
> outdo Gabler and not even accept the $1 million!
I take it that you are familiar with the speculation by some fans that Liz is
fabulously wealthy and doesn’t need the million :-).

Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach Qâs Assessmen t "

<uvhkhi$3rvmv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=1585&group=alt.tv.survivor#1585

From: dcg_brian@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Subject: Re:_S46_Ep07_Bonus_Video:_"Coach_Qâs_Ass
essmen_t_"
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2024 16:14:48 -0600
 by: Brian Smith - Sun, 14 Apr 2024 22:14 UTC

On 4/14/2024 3:23 PM, Zeppo wrote:
> On Apr 14, 2024, Brian Smith wrote
> (in article <uvhbnh$3q0vm$1@dont-email.me>):
>

>> His Ben assessment was very strange. He was also out to lunch concerning
>> Hunter. Didn't he basically say Hunter was too stupid to think
>> strategically on his own?
>
> Yes, pretty much.
>
> I may have mentioned this before, but Cue, with his massive ego and only
> a passing relationship with reality, reminds me very much of Phillip W.
> Sheppard
> from Seasons 22 and 26. I knew that there was no way that Phil would win
> either
> of his seasons, but I sure enjoyed watching him explain what he was trying to
> do.
> I feel the same way about Cue.

Phillip was a lot worse than Q. As far as we know, Q hasn't exaggerated
about his real life. Nor as he run around camp in just his underwear.

>> A Liz win would be iconic.
>
> It’s not going to happen though given the lack of face time she had
> received
> prior to E07. Even Erika, who we didn’t see much of up until her adventure
> with the hourglass in S41, was given some confessionals and a back story
> in the early episodes.

You need to factor in Bhanu and to a lesser extent, Tevin, Soda, and
Venus. There was little reason for them to show us much of Liz. It's
also hard to show social game. When Michele won S32, I remember her
haters claiming she didn't deserve to win because we didn't see much of
her the first third or so of the season.

>> If Liz wins, I want her to
>> outdo Gabler and not even accept the $1 million!
> I take it that you are familiar with the speculation by some fans that Liz is
> fabulously wealthy and doesn’t need the million :-).

It's not really speculation. In an early episode there was a scene at
camp where Liz was telling the others how successful she is and that she
doesn't need the money. IIRC, she more or less said she's playing for
the title.

--
Brian

Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach Q????s Ass essmen t "

<0001HW.2BCCA7D9000425EC30D7C938F@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=1586&group=alt.tv.survivor#1586

From: reg@telus.invalid (Zeppo)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2024 17:10:01 -0700
 by: Zeppo - Mon, 15 Apr 2024 00:10 UTC

On Apr 14, 2024, Brian Smith wrote
(in article <uvhkhi$3rvmv$1@dont-email.me>):

> Phillip was a lot worse than Q. As far as we know, Q hasn't exaggerated
> about his real life. Nor as he run around camp in just his underwear.

He runs around camp in that pair of multi-coloured underwear all the time,
and I am suspicious about the claims he has made regarding his business
success and athletic prowess.

> You need to factor in Bhanu and to a lesser extent, Tevin, Soda, and
> Venus. There was little reason for them to show us much of Liz. It's
> also hard to show social game.

If Liz is the winner of S46, the editors would have been building her game
story by now. As I said earlier in the thread, Erika was a social player
whose victory upset some viewers because it was so “unexpected”. But
by the S41 merge, we knew a lot about Erika, and her edit had been a
positive one. I went back and watched E01 and 02 again to see how
Liz was edited at a time when I didn’t know much about any of the players.
To my surprise, she got a fair amount of face time in those episodes, all
of it presenting her in a rather negative light. IMO, she came across
as a braggart who irritated some of her tribe mates. Her habit of
referring to herself in the third person was also off-putting. If this
woman is the winner of S46 her story needs to change dramatically
in the next few episodes.

> It's not really speculation. In an early episode there was a scene at
> camp where Liz was telling the others how successful she is and that she
> doesn't need the money. IIRC, she more or less said she's playing for
> the title.

You’re right. But she said it in confessional, not to her tribe mates (as
far as
I know).

Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach Qâs Assessmen t "

<uvj9o4$a37h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=1588&group=alt.tv.survivor#1588

From: rick@nospam.com (Rick)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Subject: Re:_S46_Ep07_Bonus_Video:_"Coach
_Qâs_Assessmen_t_"
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 09:23:13 -0400
 by: Rick - Mon, 15 Apr 2024 13:23 UTC

"Brian Smith" wrote in message news:uvhkhi$3rvmv$1@dont-email.me...

>On 4/14/2024 3:23 PM, Zeppo wrote:
>> On Apr 14, 2024, Brian Smith wrote
>> (in article <uvhbnh$3q0vm$1@dont-email.me>):
>>

>>> His Ben assessment was very strange. He was also out to lunch concerning
>>> Hunter. Didn't he basically say Hunter was too stupid to think
>>> strategically on his own?
>>
>> Yes, pretty much.
>>
>> I may have mentioned this before, but Cue, with his massive ego and only
>> a passing relationship with reality, reminds me very much of Phillip W.
>> Sheppard
>> from Seasons 22 and 26. I knew that there was no way that Phil would win
>> either
>> of his seasons, but I sure enjoyed watching him explain what he was
>> trying to
>> do.
>> I feel the same way about Cue.
>
>Phillip was a lot worse than Q. As far as we know, Q hasn't exaggerated
>about his real life. Nor as he run around camp in just his underwear.

There is absolutely NO similarity between Phillip and Q, other than perhaps
a certain lack of self-awareness about how they are coming across to others.
Phillip was clearly in his own world playing some kind of weird super-agent
game that bore no resemblance to the actual game he was playing. Q actually
understands the game and was given pretty legit advice to Bhanu about how to
come across at TC etc. Phillip was kind of an idiot in his almost
childlike approach to things, whereas Q's big problem is the aggressiveness
and humorlessness with which he is trying to school others on how to play
the game. Q would have no patience with Phillip who would have no
understanding of Q.

> [...]

>> in the early episodes.
>
>You need to factor in Bhanu and to a lesser extent, Tevin, Soda, and Venus.
>There was little reason for them to show us much of Liz. It's also hard to
>show social game. When Michele won S32, I remember her haters claiming she
>didn't deserve to win because we didn't see much of her the first third or
>so of the season.
>
>>> If Liz wins, I want her to
>>> outdo Gabler and not even accept the $1 million!
>> I take it that you are familiar with the speculation by some fans that
>> Liz is
>> fabulously wealthy and doesn’t need the million :-).
>
>It's not really speculation. In an early episode there was a scene at camp
>where Liz was telling the others how successful she is and that she doesn't
>need the money. IIRC, she more or less said she's playing for the title.

I think the main reason we haven't seen that much of Liz is that her tribe
kept winning and there were other tribe members that were just louder and
directed more attention to themselves like Venus and Tev. I think she is
playing an understated game and is deliberately trying to stay under the
radar. I also think she was bragging about her wealth in the first episode
to make herself seem less threatening, as in, no one will award the money to
someone who really doesn't need it. She very definitely could end up
winning. The show is not edited as it was in the early years when you could
pick out the winner early on by the number of confessionals and certain key
phrases that the eventual winner would utter or whatever. Nothing in the
edit could have led anyone to pick Erika or Gabler as winners, and the same
could happen here. I'm not predicting Liz as the winner - but there is
certainly no reason to assume she couldn't pull it off.

--

Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach Qâs Ass essmen t "

<uvl98r$qu3s$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=1589&group=alt.tv.survivor#1589

From: dcg_brian@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Subject: Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach Qâs
Ass_essmen_t_"
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 01:26:58 -0600
 by: Brian Smith - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 07:26 UTC

On 4/14/2024 6:10 PM, Zeppo wrote:
> On Apr 14, 2024, Brian Smith wrote
> (in article <uvhkhi$3rvmv$1@dont-email.me>):
>

>> Phillip was a lot worse than Q. As far as we know, Q hasn't exaggerated
>> about his real life. Nor as he run around camp in just his underwear.
>
> He runs around camp in that pair of multi-coloured underwear all the time,
> and I am suspicious about the claims he has made regarding his business
> success and athletic prowess.

You're right about the underwear. When I watch him I tend to pay more
attention to what he's saying. I do pat attention to Kenzie's underwear.

Q's athletic credentials appear to be legit. His claim of being the #2
real estate agent in the nation is hard to believe given where he lives.

>> You need to factor in Bhanu and to a lesser extent, Tevin, Soda, and
>> Venus. There was little reason for them to show us much of Liz. It's
>> also hard to show social game.
>
> If Liz is the winner of S46, the editors would have been building her game
> story by now. As I said earlier in the thread, Erika was a social player
> whose victory upset some viewers because it was so “unexpected”. But
> by the S41 merge, we knew a lot about Erika, and her edit had been a
> positive one. I went back and watched E01 and 02 again to see how
> Liz was edited at a time when I didn’t know much about any of the players.
> To my surprise, she got a fair amount of face time in those episodes, all
> of it presenting her in a rather negative light. IMO, she came across
> as a braggart who irritated some of her tribe mates. Her habit of
> referring to herself in the third person was also off-putting. If this
> woman is the winner of S46 her story needs to change dramatically
> in the next few episodes.

I just watched a sneak peek video for Ep08 and it looks like her
storyline will be changing dramatically. It could be an indication that
she's going deep into the game or that she's going soon.

>> It's not really speculation. In an early episode there was a scene at
>> camp where Liz was telling the others how successful she is and that she
>> doesn't need the money. IIRC, she more or less said she's playing for
>> the title.
>
> You’re right. But she said it in confessional, not to her tribe mates (as
> far as
> I know).

I'd have to verify, but I'm sure she said it at camp to the others as I
remember being surprised she would say something like that.

--
Brian

Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach Qâs Assessmen t "

<uvla50$qu3s$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=1591&group=alt.tv.survivor#1591

From: dcg_brian@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
essmen_t_"
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 01:42:01 -0600
 by: Brian Smith - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 07:42 UTC

On 4/15/2024 7:23 AM, Rick wrote:
> "Brian Smith"  wrote in message news:uvhkhi$3rvmv$1@dont-email.me...
>>
>> On 4/14/2024 3:23 PM, Zeppo wrote:
>>> On Apr 14, 2024, Brian Smith wrote
>>> (in article <uvhbnh$3q0vm$1@dont-email.me>):

>>> Yes, pretty much.
>>>
>>> I may have mentioned this before, but Cue, with his massive ego and only
>>> a passing relationship with reality, reminds me very much of Phillip W.
>>> Sheppard
>>> from Seasons 22 and 26. I knew that there was no way that Phil would win
>>> either
>>> of his seasons, but I sure enjoyed watching him explain what he was
>>> trying to
>>> do.
>>> I feel the same way about Cue.
>>
>> Phillip was a lot worse than Q. As far as we know, Q hasn't
>> exaggerated about his real life. Nor as he run around camp in just his
>> underwear.
>>

> There is absolutely NO similarity between Phillip and Q, other than
> perhaps a certain lack of self-awareness about how they are coming
> across to others. Phillip was clearly in his own world playing some kind
> of weird super-agent game that bore no resemblance to the actual game he
> was playing.  Q actually understands the game and was given pretty legit
> advice to Bhanu about how to come across at TC etc.   Phillip was kind
> of an idiot in his almost childlike approach to things, whereas Q's big
> problem is the aggressiveness and humorlessness with which he is trying
> to school others on how to play the game.   Q would have no patience
> with Phillip who would have no understanding of Q.

I agree. If anything, Phillip was more like Bhanu. They both had to be
babysat at times to keep them from screwing up the games of their
alliance members.

--
Brian

Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach Qâs Ass essmen t "

<uvm06q$vohq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=1593&group=alt.tv.survivor#1593

From: rick@nospam.com (Rick)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
_Qâs_Ass_essmen_t_"
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 09:58:50 -0400
 by: Rick - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 13:58 UTC

"Brian Smith" wrote in message news:uvl98r$qu3s$1@dont-email.me...

>On 4/14/2024 6:10 PM, Zeppo wrote:
>> On Apr 14, 2024, Brian Smith wrote
>> (in article <uvhkhi$3rvmv$1@dont-email.me>):
>>

>>> Phillip was a lot worse than Q. As far as we know, Q hasn't exaggerated
>>> about his real life. Nor as he run around camp in just his underwear.
>>
>> He runs around camp in that pair of multi-coloured underwear all the
>> time,
>> and I am suspicious about the claims he has made regarding his business
>> success and athletic prowess.
>
>You're right about the underwear. When I watch him I tend to pay more
>attention to what he's saying. I do pat attention to Kenzie's underwear.
>
>Q's athletic credentials appear to be legit. His claim of being the #2 real
>estate agent in the nation is hard to believe given where he lives.
>

>>> You need to factor in Bhanu and to a lesser extent, Tevin, Soda, and
>>> Venus. There was little reason for them to show us much of Liz. It's
>>> also hard to show social game.
>>
>> If Liz is the winner of S46, the editors would have been building her
>> game
>> story by now. As I said earlier in the thread, Erika was a social player
>> whose victory upset some viewers because it was so “unexpected”. But
>> by the S41 merge, we knew a lot about Erika, and her edit had been a
>> positive one. I went back and watched E01 and 02 again to see how
>> Liz was edited at a time when I didn’t know much about any of the
>> players.
>> To my surprise, she got a fair amount of face time in those episodes, all
>> of it presenting her in a rather negative light. IMO, she came across
>> as a braggart who irritated some of her tribe mates. Her habit of
>> referring to herself in the third person was also off-putting. If this
>> woman is the winner of S46 her story needs to change dramatically
>> in the next few episodes.
>
>I just watched a sneak peek video for Ep08 and it looks like her storyline
>will be changing dramatically. It could be an indication that she's going
>deep into the game or that she's going soon.
>
>>> It's not really speculation. In an early episode there was a scene at
>>> camp where Liz was telling the others how successful she is and that she
>>> doesn't need the money. IIRC, she more or less said she's playing for
>>> the title.
>>
>> You’re right. But she said it in confessional, not to her tribe mates (as
>> far as
>> I know).
>
>I'd have to verify, but I'm sure she said it at camp to the others as I
>remember being surprised she would say something like that.

I thought she said it when she and her teammates were in the water together
first episode. As I said in another post, I think Liz flaunting her wealth
was a deliberate strategy to make her seem less threatening, as though to
imply no one would award a million to someone who didn't really need the
money. She is playing a crafty, under the radar game and could definitely
win.

--

Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach Qâs Ass essmen t "

<uvmk6v$1421b$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=1595&group=alt.tv.survivor#1595

From: dcg_brian@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Ass_essmen_t_"
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 13:39:52 -0600
 by: Brian Smith - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 19:39 UTC

On 4/16/2024 7:58 AM, Rick wrote:
> "Brian Smith"  wrote in message news:uvl98r$qu3s$1@dont-email.me...
>>
>> On 4/14/2024 6:10 PM, Zeppo wrote:
>>> On Apr 14, 2024, Brian Smith wrote
>>> (in article <uvhkhi$3rvmv$1@dont-email.me>):

>>> He runs around camp in that pair of multi-coloured underwear all the
>>> time,
>>> and I am suspicious about the claims he has made regarding his business
>>> success and athletic prowess.
>>
>> You're right about the underwear. When I watch him I tend to pay more
>> attention to what he's saying. I do pat attention to Kenzie's underwear.
>>
>> Q's athletic credentials appear to be legit. His claim of being the #2
>> real estate agent in the nation is hard to believe given where he lives.

>>> If Liz is the winner of S46, the editors would have been building her
>>> game
>>> story by now. As I said earlier in the thread, Erika was a social player
>>> whose victory upset some viewers because it was so “unexpected”. But
>>> by the S41 merge, we knew a lot about Erika, and her edit had been a
>>> positive one. I went back and watched E01 and 02 again to see how
>>> Liz was edited at a time when I didn’t know much about any of the
>>> players.
>>> To my surprise, she got a fair amount of face time in those episodes,
>>> all
>>> of it presenting her in a rather negative light. IMO, she came across
>>> as a braggart who irritated some of her tribe mates. Her habit of
>>> referring to herself in the third person was also off-putting. If this
>>> woman is the winner of S46 her story needs to change dramatically
>>> in the next few episodes.
>>
>> I just watched a sneak peek video for Ep08 and it looks like her
>> storyline will be changing dramatically. It could be an indication
>> that she's going deep into the game or that she's going soon.

>>> You’re right. But she said it in confessional, not to her tribe mates
>>> (as
>>> far as
>>> I know).
>>
>> I'd have to verify, but I'm sure she said it at camp to the others as
>> I remember being surprised she would say something like that.
>>

> I thought she said it when she and her teammates were in the water
> together first episode.  As I said in another post, I think Liz
> flaunting her wealth was a deliberate strategy to make her seem less
> threatening, as though to imply no one would award a million to someone
> who didn't really need the money.  She is playing a crafty, under the
> radar game and could definitely win.

You're probably right that she first said it in the water. Key point is
that she did make such comments to her tribemates. I was thinking the
same thing that it could be strategy on her part. If it works and she
gets to the end, it's a minimum $85K payday which isn't bad for about
five weeks out of your schedule.

--
Brian

Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach Q??????s Ass essmen t "

<0001HW.2BCF2A66000D55DD30D78538F@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=1597&group=alt.tv.survivor#1597

From: reg@telus.invalid (Zeppo)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 14:51:34 -0700
 by: Zeppo - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 21:51 UTC

On Apr 16, 2024, Brian Smith wrote
(in article <uvl98r$qu3s$1@dont-email.me>):

> I do pat attention to Kenzie's underwear.

....and not to Venus’s orange underwear/bikini bottom?

Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach QÃâs Ass essmen t "

<uvmtno$1640q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=1599&group=alt.tv.survivor#1599

From: dcg_brian@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Subject: Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach QÃâ
s_Ass_essmen_t_"
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 16:22:25 -0600
 by: Brian Smith - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 22:22 UTC

On 4/16/2024 3:51 PM, Zeppo wrote:
> On Apr 16, 2024, Brian Smith wrote
> (in article <uvl98r$qu3s$1@dont-email.me>):
>
>> I do pat attention to Kenzie's underwear.
>
> ...and not to Venus’s orange underwear/bikini bottom?

I pay more attention to Venus's face than her body. When I do pay
attention to her body, I always think she desperately needs some food
despite probably having gone to more food rewards than anyone else. Tiff
and Kenz look a lot healthier to me than Venus.

--
Brian

Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach Q????s Ass essmen t "

<0001HW.2BCF33A6000F80EE30D78538F@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=1600&group=alt.tv.survivor#1600

From: reg@telus.invalid (Zeppo)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 15:31:02 -0700
 by: Zeppo - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 22:31 UTC

On Apr 16, 2024, Brian Smith wrote
(in article <uvla50$qu3s$3@dont-email.me>):

> > There is absolutely NO similarity between Phillip and Q, other than
> > perhaps a certain lack of self-awareness about how they are coming
> > across to others. Phillip was clearly in his own world playing some kind
> > of weird super-agent game that bore no resemblance to the actual game he
> > was playing. Q actually understands the game and was given pretty legit
> > advice to Bhanu about how to come across at TC etc. Phillip was kind
> > of an idiot in his almost childlike approach to things, whereas Q's big
> > problem is the aggressiveness and humorlessness with which he is trying
> > to school others on how to play the game. Q would have no patience
> > with Phillip who would have no understanding of Q.
>
> I agree. If anything, Phillip was more like Bhanu. They both had to be
> babysat at times to keep them from screwing up the games of their
> alliance members.

I wasn’t very clear in my original comment about Phil and Cue. I wasn’t
saying that their games are/were similar, because they aren't. My point
was that I found that confessionals given by each guy in his season(s),
highly entertaining. I am aware that Cue does not wear pink underwear
or pretend to be a secret agent, but his convoluted explanations for his
strategic game play reminded me of Phil.

Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach Q???????? s Ass essmen t "

<0001HW.2BCF36CF00103EA530D78538F@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=1601&group=alt.tv.survivor#1601

From: reg@telus.invalid (Zeppo)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 15:44:31 -0700
 by: Zeppo - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 22:44 UTC

On Apr 16, 2024, Brian Smith wrote
(in article <uvmtno$1640q$1@dont-email.me>):

> I pay more attention to Venus's face than her body. When I do pay
> attention to her body, I always think she desperately needs some food
> despite probably having gone to more food rewards than anyone else. Tiff
> and Kenz look a lot healthier to me than Venus.

I’m not sure whether the orange bottoms that Venus used to wear
are bathing attire or underwear, but she seems to have retired them in
recent episodes. If you have a chance, go back to E03 or E04 and
see if you can find some moments when she is wearing them around
camp or in the ocean. Very old school Survivor fashion.

Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach QÃâs Ass essmen t "

<uvmvgk$16ggp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=1602&group=alt.tv.survivor#1602

From: rick@nospam.com (Rick)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
_QÃâs_Ass_essmen_t_"
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 18:53:08 -0400
 by: Rick - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 22:53 UTC

"Brian Smith" wrote in message news:uvmtno$1640q$1@dont-email.me...

>On 4/16/2024 3:51 PM, Zeppo wrote:
>> On Apr 16, 2024, Brian Smith wrote
>> (in article <uvl98r$qu3s$1@dont-email.me>):
>>
>>> I do pat attention to Kenzie's underwear.
>>
>> ...and not to Venus’s orange underwear/bikini bottom?
>
>I pay more attention to Venus's face than her body. When I do pay attention
>to her body, I always think she desperately needs some food despite
>probably having gone to more food rewards than anyone else. Tiff and Kenz
>look a lot healthier to me than Venus.

For me, I think Courtney Yates must have set the bar on contestants who seem
malnourished. Compared to Court, Venus seemed just fine to me.

--

Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach QÃÃâ s Ass essmen t "

<uvmvgu$16ep8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=1603&group=alt.tv.survivor#1603

From: dcg_brian@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Subject: Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach QÃÃÃÂ
¢_s_Ass_essmen_t_"
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 16:52:55 -0600
 by: Brian Smith - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 22:52 UTC

On 4/16/2024 4:44 PM, Zeppo wrote:
> On Apr 16, 2024, Brian Smith wrote
> (in article <uvmtno$1640q$1@dont-email.me>):
>

>> I pay more attention to Venus's face than her body. When I do pay
>> attention to her body, I always think she desperately needs some food
>> despite probably having gone to more food rewards than anyone else. Tiff
>> and Kenz look a lot healthier to me than Venus.
>
> I’m not sure whether the orange bottoms that Venus used to wear
> are bathing attire or underwear, but she seems to have retired them in
> recent episodes. If you have a chance, go back to E03 or E04 and
> see if you can find some moments when she is wearing them around
> camp or in the ocean. Very old school Survivor fashion.

I'll have a look. I wonder what makes production think players need a
change of clothing? Torn/ripped in the "wrong" places is an obvious
reason. Do they think we get tired of them wearing the same thing?

--
Brian

Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach Qâs Ass essmen t "

<uvmvqr$16ep8$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=1605&group=alt.tv.survivor#1605

From: dcg_brian@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Ass_essmen_t_"
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 16:58:12 -0600
 by: Brian Smith - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 22:58 UTC

On 4/16/2024 4:31 PM, Zeppo wrote:
> On Apr 16, 2024, Brian Smith wrote
> (in article <uvla50$qu3s$3@dont-email.me>):
>

>>> There is absolutely NO similarity between Phillip and Q, other than
>>> perhaps a certain lack of self-awareness about how they are coming
>>> across to others. Phillip was clearly in his own world playing some kind
>>> of weird super-agent game that bore no resemblance to the actual game he
>>> was playing. Q actually understands the game and was given pretty legit
>>> advice to Bhanu about how to come across at TC etc. Phillip was kind
>>> of an idiot in his almost childlike approach to things, whereas Q's big
>>> problem is the aggressiveness and humorlessness with which he is trying
>>> to school others on how to play the game. Q would have no patience
>>> with Phillip who would have no understanding of Q.
>>
>> I agree. If anything, Phillip was more like Bhanu. They both had to be
>> babysat at times to keep them from screwing up the games of their
>> alliance members.
>
> I wasn’t very clear in my original comment about Phil and Cue. I wasn’t
> saying that their games are/were similar, because they aren't. My point
> was that I found that confessionals given by each guy in his season(s),
> highly entertaining. I am aware that Cue does not wear pink underwear
> or pretend to be a secret agent, but his convoluted explanations for his
> strategic game play reminded me of Phil.

Q is pretty funny. He had a great tweet yesterday plugging tomorrow's
episode. I sure hope the TC lives up to the hype it's getting.

--
Brian

Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach QÃâs Ass essmen t "

<uvmvv1$16ep8$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=1606&group=alt.tv.survivor#1606

From: dcg_brian@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
s_Ass_essmen_t_"
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 17:00:26 -0600
 by: Brian Smith - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 23:00 UTC

On 4/16/2024 4:53 PM, Rick wrote:
> "Brian Smith"  wrote in message news:uvmtno$1640q$1@dont-email.me...
>>
>> On 4/16/2024 3:51 PM, Zeppo wrote:
>>> On Apr 16, 2024, Brian Smith wrote
>>> (in article <uvl98r$qu3s$1@dont-email.me>):

>>> ...and not to Venus’s orange underwear/bikini bottom?
>>
>> I pay more attention to Venus's face than her body. When I do pay
>> attention to her body, I always think she desperately needs some food
>> despite probably having gone to more food rewards than anyone else.
>> Tiff and Kenz look a lot healthier to me than Venus.
>>

> For me, I think Courtney Yates must have set the bar on contestants who
> seem malnourished.  Compared to Court, Venus seemed just fine to me.

Court looked (looks?) malnourished outside of the game as well.

--
Brian

Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach QÃÃâ s Ass essmen t "

<uvn0kk$16n1q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=1607&group=alt.tv.survivor#1607

From: rick@nospam.com (Rick)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
_QÃÃâ_s_Ass_essmen_t_"
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 19:12:20 -0400
References: <uvfrg2$3g87v$1@dont-email.me> <0001HW.2BCC624400022E7C30754538F@news.easynews.com> <uvhbnh$3q0vm$1@dont-email.me> <0001HW.2BCC80E30008681730A54E38F@news.easynews.com> <uvhkhi$3rvmv$1@dont-email.me> <0001HW.2BCCA7D9000425EC30D7C938F@news.easynews.com> <uvl98r$qu3s$1@dont-email.me> <0001HW.2BCF2A66000D55DD30D78538F@news.easynews.com> <uvmtno$1640q$1@dont-email.me> <0001HW.2BCF36CF00103EA530D78538F@news.easynews.com> <uvmvgu$16ep8$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Rick - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 23:12 UTC

"Brian Smith" wrote in message news:uvmvgu$16ep8$1@dont-email.me...

>On 4/16/2024 4:44 PM, Zeppo wrote:
>> On Apr 16, 2024, Brian Smith wrote
>> (in article <uvmtno$1640q$1@dont-email.me>):
>>

>>> I pay more attention to Venus's face than her body. When I do pay
>>> attention to her body, I always think she desperately needs some food
>>> despite probably having gone to more food rewards than anyone else. Tiff
>>> and Kenz look a lot healthier to me than Venus.
>>
>> I’m not sure whether the orange bottoms that Venus used to wear
>> are bathing attire or underwear, but she seems to have retired them in
>> recent episodes. If you have a chance, go back to E03 or E04 and
>> see if you can find some moments when she is wearing them around
>> camp or in the ocean. Very old school Survivor fashion.
>
>I'll have a look. I wonder what makes production think players need a
>change of clothing? Torn/ripped in the "wrong" places is an obvious reason.
>Do they think we get tired of them wearing the same thing?

This is slightly off-topic, but your mention of torn or ripped clothing
reminds me again of how Amanda Kimmel's bottom was so weirdly blurred out
during so most of Survivor China. I initially thought the shorts she was
wearing were torn or revealed too much, but uncensored versions of many of
the same shots show nothing we haven't seen a million times on other shows.
To this day I have never seen a really good explanation of what was going on
here

--

Re: S46 Ep07 Bonus Video: "Coach QÃÃâ s Ass essmen t "

<uvna32$1c331$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=1610&group=alt.tv.survivor#1610

From: dcg_brian@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
¢_s_Ass_essmen_t_"
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 19:53:13 -0600
<uvmvgu$16ep8$1@dont-email.me> <uvn0kk$16n1q$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Brian Smith - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 01:53 UTC

On 4/16/2024 5:12 PM, Rick wrote:
> "Brian Smith"  wrote in message news:uvmvgu$16ep8$1@dont-email.me...
>>
>> On 4/16/2024 4:44 PM, Zeppo wrote:
>>> On Apr 16, 2024, Brian Smith wrote
>>> (in article <uvmtno$1640q$1@dont-email.me>):

>>> I’m not sure whether the orange bottoms that Venus used to wear
>>> are bathing attire or underwear, but she seems to have retired them in
>>> recent episodes. If you have a chance, go back to E03 or E04 and
>>> see if you can find some moments when she is wearing them around
>>> camp or in the ocean. Very old school Survivor fashion.
>>
>> I'll have a look. I wonder what makes production think players need a
>> change of clothing? Torn/ripped in the "wrong" places is an obvious
>> reason. Do they think we get tired of them wearing the same thing?
>>

> This is slightly off-topic, but your mention of torn or ripped clothing
> reminds me again of how Amanda Kimmel's bottom was so weirdly blurred
> out during so most of Survivor China.   I initially thought the shorts
> she was wearing were torn or revealed too much, but uncensored versions
> of many of the same shots show nothing we haven't seen a million times
> on other shows. To this day I have never seen a really good explanation
> of what was going on here

Those were the days where they blurred everything. I don't know why as
it was often obvious that nothing was being revealed by what they were
wearing. Did CBS get fined for showing too much in another show at the
time? I remember Julie on BB live shows during those days often telling
the HGs to watch what they said so the show wouldn't fined. There were a
few times where production wasn't fast enough to switch over to the fish
tank and we heard F bombs. I'd love to know if Survivor asks the
players not to curse during TCs.

--
Brian