From: dcg_brian@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Subject: A sad tweet from Venus
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 13:28:17 -0600
 by: Brian Smith - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 19:28 UTC

Poor Venus!

Do you guys know how depressing it is to be dismissed and hated for no
particular reason? To be thought of as socially stupid or a nuisance
when all you tried to do is keep your head up and keep pushing? My heart
is so heavy and i just want to disappear. No one deserves this.

https://twitter.com/plnxtvenus/status/1780671993706082795

And now there's this which probably means she's not voted out tonight
but I Think that was obvious.

No i will not be watching tonight’s episode. #Survivor46

https://twitter.com/plnxtvenus/status/1780674071362940945

--
Brian

Re: A sad tweet from Venus

<uvpmqa$1s719$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=1615&group=alt.tv.survivor#1615

From: rick@nospam.com (Rick)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Subject: Re: A sad tweet from Venus
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 19:43:04 -0400
 by: Rick - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 23:43 UTC

"Brian Smith" wrote in message news:uvp7tk$1p3e5$1@dont-email.me...

>Poor Venus!
>
>Do you guys know how depressing it is to be dismissed and hated for no
>particular reason? To be thought of as socially stupid or a nuisance when
>all you tried to do is keep your head up and keep pushing? My heart is so
>heavy and i just want to disappear. No one deserves this.
>
>https://twitter.com/plnxtvenus/status/1780671993706082795
>
>And now there's this which probably means she's not voted out tonight but I
>Think that was obvious.
>
>No i will not be watching tonight’s episode. #Survivor46
>
>https://twitter.com/plnxtvenus/status/1780674071362940945

I think I'd call the tweet more pathetic than sad. The self-absorption of
many of today's players is breathtaking to behold.

I also find it amazing that the show is still allowing these players to
tweet like this. Keep in mind that filming for the season ended some time
ago and Venus and all the other players know how it turns out, where
everyone including Venus finished and who won. I know she's just trying to
be provocative with comments like "I will not be watching tonight's
episode", but the producers really should stop her and the others from doing
this. Sooner or later someone is going to say too much and spoil the
season for everyone else.

I think it might be a good idea at this point for all of us to stop looking
at tweets from the players until after the season is complete.

--

Re: A sad tweet from Venus

<uvqf7r$24d8m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=1620&group=alt.tv.survivor#1620

From: dcg_brian@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 00:39:28 -0600
 by: Brian Smith - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 06:39 UTC

On 4/17/2024 5:43 PM, Rick wrote:
> "Brian Smith"  wrote in message news:uvp7tk$1p3e5$1@dont-email.me...
>>
>> Poor Venus!
>>
>> Do you guys know how depressing it is to be dismissed and hated for no
>> particular reason? To be thought of as socially stupid or a nuisance
>> when all you tried to do is keep your head up and keep pushing? My
>> heart is so heavy and i just want to disappear. No one deserves this.
>>
>> https://twitter.com/plnxtvenus/status/1780671993706082795
>>
>> And now there's this which probably means she's not voted out tonight
>> but I Think that was obvious.
>>
>> No i will not be watching tonight’s episode. #Survivor46
>>
>> https://twitter.com/plnxtvenus/status/1780674071362940945
>>

> I think I'd call the tweet more pathetic than sad.  The self-absorption
> of many of today's players is breathtaking to behold.

Pretty sure she's referring to how she's being treated online by some
fans. Soda shut down her X account due to fan abuse.

> I also find it amazing that the show is still allowing these players to
> tweet like this.  Keep in mind that filming for the season ended some
> time ago and Venus and all the other players know how it turns out,
> where everyone including Venus finished and who won.   I know she's just
> trying to be provocative with comments like "I will not be watching
> tonight's episode", but the producers really should stop her and the
> others from doing this.    Sooner or later someone is going to say too
> much and spoil the season for everyone else.

Turns out the reason Venus didn't watch the episode "live" is because
she was at an unrelated event for project she was part of.

Just wanted to drop in and say that I spent my evening at a screening
for a student-made PSA regarding gender-based violence, that I had the
honor of being a part of. If you’re interested in learning more about
this important message please visit http://womanact.ca

https://twitter.com/plnxtvenus/status/1780790179504013653

The show and Paramount love when the players talk about the show online
and promote the episodes. The buzz helps to keep the show top of mind.

> I think it might be a good idea at this point for all of us to  stop
> looking at tweets from the players until after the season is complete.

That's not fair to the players. This is a once in a life time experience
for most of them and they want to share their excitement while it's
airing. I'm not worried about any of them spoiling the season but I love
getting backstory info while the season is playing out. Besides, some of
them are pretty funny on SM.

--
Brian

Re: A sad tweet from Venus

<uvr835$29ieo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=1621&group=alt.tv.survivor#1621

From: rick@nospam.com (Rick)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 09:44:03 -0400
 by: Rick - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 13:44 UTC

"Brian Smith" wrote in message news:uvqf7r$24d8m$1@dont-email.me...

>On 4/17/2024 5:43 PM, Rick wrote:
>> "Brian Smith" wrote in message news:uvp7tk$1p3e5$1@dont-email.me...
>>>
>>> Poor Venus!
>>>
>>> Do you guys know how depressing it is to be dismissed and hated for no
>>> particular reason? To be thought of as socially stupid or a nuisance
>>> when all you tried to do is keep your head up and keep pushing? My heart
>>> is so heavy and i just want to disappear. No one deserves this.
>>>
>>> https://twitter.com/plnxtvenus/status/1780671993706082795
>>>
>>> And now there's this which probably means she's not voted out tonight
>>> but I Think that was obvious.
>>>
>>> No i will not be watching tonight’s episode. #Survivor46
>>>
>>> https://twitter.com/plnxtvenus/status/1780674071362940945
>>>

>> I think I'd call the tweet more pathetic than sad. The self-absorption
>> of many of today's players is breathtaking to behold.
>
>Pretty sure she's referring to how she's being treated online by some fans.
>Soda shut down her X account due to fan abuse.
>
>> I also find it amazing that the show is still allowing these players to
>> tweet like this. Keep in mind that filming for the season ended some
>> time ago and Venus and all the other players know how it turns out, where
>> everyone including Venus finished and who won. I know she's just trying
>> to be provocative with comments like "I will not be watching tonight's
>> episode", but the producers really should stop her and the others from
>> doing this. Sooner or later someone is going to say too much and spoil
>> the season for everyone else.
>
>Turns out the reason Venus didn't watch the episode "live" is because she
>was at an unrelated event for project she was part of.
>
>Just wanted to drop in and say that I spent my evening at a screening for a
>student-made PSA regarding gender-based violence, that I had the honor of
>being a part of. If you’re interested in learning more about this important
>message please visit http://womanact.ca

This looks like a great cause and I commend you for your participation.
Gender-based violence is indeed a serious issue, and it's good to see that
an organization like this is trying to do something about it.

>https://twitter.com/plnxtvenus/status/1780790179504013653
>
>The show and Paramount love when the players talk about the show online and
>promote the episodes. The buzz helps to keep the show top of mind.
>
>> I think it might be a good idea at this point for all of us to stop
>> looking at tweets from the players until after the season is complete.
>
>That's not fair to the players. This is a once in a life time experience
>for most of them and they want to share their excitement while it's airing.
>I'm not worried about any of them spoiling the season but I love getting
>backstory info while the season is playing out. Besides, some of them are
>pretty funny on SM.

I would agree with you if I had more confidence that CBS is policing the
tweets and there is some kind of pre-approval in place before they can post.
The fact remains that everyone tweeting knows fully well who won the season
and how everyone did, and I can see how easy it would be for someone to slip
up and say something that gives away too much info. I'll be happy to read
the tweets after the season when we'll also have more context.