Many changes of mind and mood; do not hesitate too long.

arts / alt.fan.heinlein / Re: USAF this week shot down balloon, and 2 UFOs

SubjectAuthor
* USAF this week shot down balloon, and 2 UFOsa425couple
`* USAF this week shot down balloon, and 2 UFOsDaniel65
 `- USAF this week shot down balloon, and 2 UFOsspace...@gmail.com

1
USAF this week shot down balloon, and 2 UFOs

<2xaGL.67161$wfQc.66119@fx43.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=178351&group=alt.fan.heinlein#178351

Newsgroups: alt.astronomy,alt.fan.heinlein
From: a425couple@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: USAF this week shot down balloon, and 2 UFOs
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 10:49:35 -0800
 by: a425couple - Sun, 12 Feb 2023 18:49 UTC

USAF this week shot down balloon, and 2 UFOs.
I sure hope they figured out they are man made UFOs before firing!!!
Here is the Daily News take on it.

Aviation hobbyists and soaring superheroes should triple-check that they
don’t deviate from their flight plans because Uncle Sam is feeling
trigger-happy in the skies above lately. After popping the Chinese spy
balloon last weekend, the White House says that President Biden ordered
the Pentagon to shoot down an unidentified thing off the frozen
northeastern coast of Alaska yesterday.

We don’t know much about what met its demise at the business end of a
Sidewinder missile, only that it was an “object” about the size of a car
that had traversed some distance over Alaska at 40,000 feet and
potentially posed a threat to civilian aircraft. What remains of it went
down hard on the Arctic Ocean ice sheet, with efforts to recover the
debris now underway.

Whether it’s open season for sending unauthorized aircraft over U.S.
airspace or Biden is merely responding to increased public pressure to
shoot first and ask questions later after congressional Republicans seized
on the wandering spy balloon as a political cudgel is unclear. The wall-
to-wall coverage of the dastardly dirigible may have primed Biden to keep
the Air Force on speed dial lest he get marked as the president who let
the spy balloons wander free.

In the best-case scenario, we just shot down an innocent meteorological
airship or an errant agglomeration of birthday balloons, someone’s too-
elaborate school science project, or some kind of marketing ploy gone
horribly wrong. In the worst case, China is jabbing at us with a
procession of differently-sized spy craft that we’re going to have to keep
scrambling the jets for.

Actually, in the very worst case, some friendly extraterrestrials sent a
probe only to find out firsthand about the dexterity of human aircraft and
the potency of our weapons. Let’s hope they weren’t able to get a signal
out to their friends back in Andromeda or wherever before they went down.
At the very least, the specter of alien invasion might be what we need to
set our differences aside and make common cause with our Earth-bound
would-be adversaries.

<https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/ny-edit-biden-kirby-ufo-aliens-china-
spy-balloon-arctic-ocean-20230211-amzfmq6fyneshk7tpyypcxgqbm-story.html>

Re: USAF this week shot down balloon, and 2 UFOs

<tscuce$23prb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=178353&group=alt.fan.heinlein#178353

From: daniel47@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy,alt.fan.heinlein
Subject: Re: USAF this week shot down balloon, and 2 UFOs
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 20:03:15 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Mon, 13 Feb 2023 09:03 UTC

a425couple wrote on 13/2/23 5:49 am:
> USAF this week shot down balloon, and 2 UFOs.
> I sure hope they figured out they are man made UFOs before firing!!!
> Here is the Daily News take on it.

Wasn't there a fourth object, another 'UFO', that flew across Latin
America a week or so ago??
--
Daniel

Re: USAF this week shot down balloon, and 2 UFOs

<504e9140-e124-40b9-bc66-36079fda3f28n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=178355&group=alt.fan.heinlein#178355

Newsgroups: alt.fan.heinlein
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 18:39:33 -0800 (PST)
From: spacecomics@gmail.com (space...@gmail.com)
 by: space...@gmail.com - Wed, 15 Feb 2023 02:39 UTC

On Monday, February 13, 2023 at 2:03:12 AM UTC-7, Daniel65 wrote:
> a425couple wrote on 13/2/23 5:49 am:
> > USAF this week shot down balloon, and 2 UFOs.
> > I sure hope they figured out they are man made UFOs before firing!!!
> > Here is the Daily News take on it.
> Wasn't there a fourth object, another 'UFO', that flew across Latin
> America a week or so ago??
> --
> Daniel
Fourth on on Lake Huron, probably just a box kite.