Optimism is the content of small men in high places. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald, "The Crack Up"

arts / alt.fan.heinlein / Re: Questionable - Liz Has Removable - into Viet Vet joke

SubjectAuthor
o Questionable - Liz Has Removable - into Viet Vet jokea425couple

1
Re: Questionable - Liz Has Removable - into Viet Vet joke

<3WC2M.2531549$9sn9.1528871@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=178421&group=alt.fan.heinlein#178421

Subject: Re: Questionable - Liz Has Removable - into Viet Vet joke
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,alt.fan.heinlein,alt.war.vietnam
From: a425couple@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 15:45:18 -0700
 by: a425couple - Thu, 27 Apr 2023 22:45 UTC

On 4/26/23 11:22, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> Questionable Content: Liz Has Removable Arms
>    https://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=5026
>
> Why does Liz have removable arms ?  --  Even with that horrible
> experience, I never want removable arms.
> Lynn

Removable you say?
So meanwhile, that reminds me of:

The IRS decided to audit Grandpa, a grumpy Vietnam Vet, and summoned him
to the IRS office. The IRS auditor was not surprised when Grandpa showed
up with his attorney.
The auditor said, “Well, sir, you have an extravagant lifestyle and no
full-time employment, which you explain by saying that you win money
gambling. I’m not sure the IRS finds that believable.”
“I’m a great gambler, and I can prove it,” says Grandpa. “How about a
demonstration?”
The auditor thinks for a moment and says, “OK. Go ahead.”
Grandpa says, “I’ll bet you a thousand dollars that I can bite my own eye.”
The auditor thinks a moment and says, “It’s a bet.”
Grandpa removes his glass eye and bites it. The auditor’s jaw drops.
Grandpa says, “Now, I’ll bet you two thousand dollars that I can bite my
other eye.”
The auditor can tell Grandpa isn’t blind, so he takes the bet.
Grandpa removes his dentures and bites his good eye. The stunned auditor
now realizes he has wagered and lost three grand, with Grandpa’s
attorney as a witness. He starts to get nervous.
“Want to go double or nothing?” Grandpa asks. “I’ll bet you six thousand
dollars that I can stand on one side of your desk, pee into that
wastebasket on the other side, and never get a drop anywhere in between.”
The auditor, twice burned, is cautious now, but he looks carefully and
decides there’s no way this old guy could possibly manage that stunt, so
he agrees again.
Grandpa stands beside the desk and unzips his pants, but although he
strains mightily, he can’t make the stream reach the wastebasket on the
other side, so he pretty much urinates all over the auditor’s desk.
The auditor leaps with joy, realizing that he has just turned a major
loss into a huge win. But Grandpa’s attorney moans and puts his head in
his hands.
“Are you OK?” the auditor asks.
“Not really,” says the attorney. “This morning, when Grandpa told me
he’d been summoned for an audit, he bet me twenty-five thousand dollars
that he could come in here and pee all over your desk and that you’d be
happy about it.”
Don’t mess with old people!