According to all the latest reports, there was no truth in any of the earlier reports.

arts / alt.language.urdu.poetry / Re: Sad Incident In Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh

SubjectAuthor
* Sad Incident In Ghaziabad, Uttar PradeshAshraf An
`* Sad Incident In Ghaziabad, Uttar PradeshZoya
 `- Sad Incident In Ghaziabad, Uttar PradeshNaseer

1
Re: Sad Incident In Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh

<33281134-160d-41cb-8416-aeddfc4fcbecn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=2040&group=alt.language.urdu.poetry#2040

Newsgroups: alt.language.urdu.poetry
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2023 00:26:05 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Sad Incident In Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh
From: notashraf34585@gmail.com (Ashraf An)
 by: Ashraf An - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 07:26 UTC

On Tuesday, 16 March 2021 at 22:52:06 UTC+5:30, Afzal A. Khan wrote:
> [...]
> >> Hindustan Times etc.
> >>

> >> ****************
> >>

> >> An Urdu poet has penned the following verses in the above
> >> context :
> >>

> >> Zara socho, siasat ne kahaaN pahuNcha diya tum ko
> >> Tumhaari daastaanoN ka to 'mar'yaada' se rishta hai
> >>
> >> Pyaase ko pilaana dharm hota tha jahaaN sab ka
> >> WahaaN mandir men ja kar paani peena jurm Thehra hai
> >>

> >> Afzal
>

> > Thank you for posting a report on this very sad incident.
> >
> > I look at the headlines of news at home and abroad on the BBC internet site and it has been reported there as well.
> >
> > https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-56389510
> >
> > I remember reading about the concept of "Hindu paanii" and "Muslim paanii" signs displayed at pre-partion railway stations where people belonging to the relevant faith could go and drink water. I think I may have read this in a short story of Qudrutullah Shahab's who I believe was in the civil service prior to partition and later was an important figure in the governments of Governor General Ghulam Muhammad, President Iskander Mirza and President Ayub Khan in Pakistan. I believe the story I have in mind might be "Raam Deen" but I may be mistaken. That aside, this was a despicable action on the part of the offenders especially bearing in mind that this happened in the precincts of a place of worship. I suppose one can not expect much more when the likes of Yogi Adityanath is in power as the Chief Minister!
> >
> > Allah tero naam Ishwar tero naam
> > Allah tero naam Ishwar tero naam
> > Sab ko sanmati de bhagwaan
> > Sab ko sanmati de bhagwaan
> > Allah tero naam
> >
> > Naseer
> Mukarramee,
>
> Aditional details in this respect are now available .......
>
> The name of the Muslim boy ---> Asif
> The name of his father ---> Habib
>
> Also, it has now been reported that a few police
> personnel were present at that spot when this assault
> took place. The young boy cried out to them for help.
> But they just stood there as mute spectators.
>

> ****************
>

> I believe I did write about the late Qudratullah Shahaab
> some years back. I don't remember exactly, but perhaps
> he had written a "manzoom" translation of Shelley's "Ode To
> The West Wind". You may find it in the ALUP archives.
>

> ****************
>

> You have only read about the times when vendors on Indian
> Railway Platforms would sell "hindu paani" and "Muslim paani".
> But I have lived through those times when this practice was
> prevalent.
>
> The song lines you have quoted are from the film "Hum Dono",
> released in 1961. Music was composed by the late Jaidev
> Verma and the lyrics were penned by Saahir Ludhiyanvi.
>
> The prayer is really necessary in these turbulent times.
>

> BTW, I had met Jaidev Verma about an year before his untimely
> death in early 1987. He was a lifelong bachelor, I believe.

Salam,
Mohtaram Afzal sahib

I was looking for an urdu translation of Shelley's poem "Ode to the West Wind", and I happened to stumble upon this group, that, somehow small but has literary gems of Urdu speakers from around the world. I'm grateful. Could you please provide me with the Urdu translation of the the said poem, in nastaleeq if possible?

Re: Sad Incident In Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh

<13689ead-cf9a-4609-ab92-ba694a11c107n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=2047&group=alt.language.urdu.poetry#2047

Newsgroups: alt.language.urdu.poetry
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 06:18:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: zbirri@yahoo.com (Zoya)
 by: Zoya - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 13:18 UTC

On Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 2:26:07 AM UTC-5, Ashraf An wrote:

> Salam,
> Mohtaram Afzal sahib
>
> I was looking for an urdu translation of Shelley's poem "Ode to the West Wind", and I happened to stumble upon this group, that, somehow small but has literary gems of Urdu speakers from around the world. I'm grateful. Could you please provide me with the Urdu translation of the the said poem, in nastaleeq if possible?

Ashraf sahib,

aadaab arz hai,

First of all, let me welcome you to Alup. It is wonderful that you have discovered our group, it is indeed the gold standard among Urdu poetry groups on the net. Sadly though, it is very slow currently, past its golden days. I am afraid Afzal sahib will not be able to respond to your message, how I wish he were still among us!

Maybe Naseer sahib can help with your query. Meantime, feel free to explore Alup archives, it is a goldmine of information, and some fun reading along the way!

Hope to see you again,

Regards,

_______Zoya

Re: Sad Incident In Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh

<ac3039ba-14c2-485d-86f6-e2cb22ccda63n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=2048&group=alt.language.urdu.poetry#2048

Newsgroups: alt.language.urdu.poetry
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 06:53:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: qureshna@gmail.com (Naseer)
 by: Naseer - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 13:53 UTC

On Friday, 22 September 2023 at 14:18:11 UTC+1, Zoya wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 2:26:07 AM UTC-5, Ashraf An wrote:
>
> > Salam,
> > Mohtaram Afzal sahib
> >
> > I was looking for an urdu translation of Shelley's poem "Ode to the West Wind", and I happened to stumble upon this group, that, somehow small but has literary gems of Urdu speakers from around the world. I'm grateful. Could you please provide me with the Urdu translation of the the said poem, in nastaleeq if possible?
> Ashraf sahib,
>
> aadaab arz hai,
>
> First of all, let me welcome you to Alup. It is wonderful that you have discovered our group, it is indeed the gold standard among Urdu poetry groups on the net. Sadly though, it is very slow currently, past its golden days.. I am afraid Afzal sahib will not be able to respond to your message, how I wish he were still among us!
>
> Maybe Naseer sahib can help with your query. Meantime, feel free to explore Alup archives, it is a goldmine of information, and some fun reading along the way!
>
> Hope to see you again,
>
> Regards,
>
> _______Zoya

Zoya SaaHibah, aadaab.

I have already replied to Ashraf An SaaHib in the "abhi to main jawaa hoon: meanings please..." thread as this gentleman posted his identical message in two threads. Sadly as is often the case, after one's reply one never hears from the other party again.

Best wishes,

Naseer