Newsgroups: rec.arts.books
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2023 20:15:16 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Men who take it hard
From: ibshambat@gmail.com (Ilya Shambat)
 by: Ilya Shambat - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 03:15 UTC

I know many men who had negative experiences with highly attractive women. They site the woman leaving them or marital infidelity.

My response to these men is that, if a woman is attractive to you, she would also probably be attractive to many other men, and she would be at a high risk of marital infidelity.

I’ve seen these men take such things very hard, and they shouldn’t. At least they got to be for a while with a highly attractive woman.. That does not happen to every man.

My wife left me; but I have not tried to crucify her for it. She and I are still best friends. We are the proof that marital separation does not have to mean becoming enemies, and that it is possible to handle such problems better.

More men need to learn forgiveness. We are living in a world of sinners. In most cases they aren’t innocent themselves. In most such situations I’ve seen mistreatment of the woman. And if a woman is being mistreated, it should be understandable why she would look for alternatives.

Bad things happen to everyone. At least you’re not in Haiti. At least you’re not in jail. At least you’re not dead. These men deprive themselves of a life because they keep obsessing over their women leaving them or being unfaithful. Most of them simply need to move on.

I want to encourage these men to kinder, more loving attitudes. Once again, most of them are not innocent. If a woman is with a man who is bad to her, she will be likely to look for other situations. That’s not moral corruption, that’s human reality. And it is a reality that has to be faced by anyone who is with a highly attractive woman.

arts / rec.arts.books / Men who take it hard