From: littlelionne@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Subject: Re: Canada
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2022 14:01:44 +0100
 by: kat - Fri, 3 Jun 2022 13:01 UTC

On 03/06/2022 13:27, lucretia wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Jun 2022 12:46:32 +0100, GordonD <g.davie@btinternet.com>
> wrote:
>
>> How far behind is Canada (in the Corrie viewing sense, not in general!)
>> so I can discuss this week's events?
> '
> Last night (I'm up to date) I saw the one where Kelly told Abbie that
> she is paying for the lawyer and Abbie told her she gave the man money
> but didn't get drugs from him.

And we know she didn't because we saw the transaction. But it has set in train
a set of unfortunate events. Enjoy.:-)

> Fine by me if you put SNUK
>
> BTW has anyone heard anything about or from David?

Not a peep.

--
kat
>^..^<

Re: Canada

<jfvcdiF46caU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=2146&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#2146

From: littlelionne@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2022 22:22:57 +0100
 by: kat - Fri, 3 Jun 2022 21:22 UTC

On 03/06/2022 21:31, lucretia wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Jun 2022 19:16:15 +0100, "James Heaton"
> <heatonandmoore@gmail.com.invalid> wrote:
>
>> "kat" wrote in message news:jfuf1pFtmipU1@mid.individual.net...
>>

>>> Fine by me if you put SNUK
>>>
>>> BTW has anyone heard anything about or from David?
>>
>>> Not a peep.
>>

>> No. Contacted him directly on both email addresses that I have for him but
>> nothing.
>>
>> And given what week it is, I think he'd have been in touch if he was
>> capable.
>>
>> I remember how delighted he was when I sent him a scanned copy of a deed
>> signed by HM (she was selling a piece of land for housing, and personally
>> signed the planning agreement)
>>
>> James
>>

> I was thinking he would have been very vulnerable to Covid :(

And he is in a care home I think? they have been problematical in many places.

--
kat
>^..^<

Re: Canada

<jg1siiFgsvlU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=2147&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#2147

From: littlelionne@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2022 21:10:58 +0100
 by: kat - Sat, 4 Jun 2022 20:10 UTC

On 03/06/2022 23:28, lucretia wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Jun 2022 22:22:57 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 03/06/2022 21:31, lucretia wrote:

>>> I was thinking he would have been very vulnerable to Covid :(
>>
>> And he is in a care home I think? they have been problematical in many places.
>
> Yes, I gathered he was in a care home, he said he had a patch where he
> missed some Corrie because he wasn't organised when he first went in.
> Hopefully it's just that he can't do usenet anymore.

I suppose we will never know. :-(

--
kat
>^..^<

Re: Canada

<jg75bcFda0gU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=2148&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#2148

From: littlelionne@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2022 21:11:22 +0100
 by: kat - Mon, 6 Jun 2022 20:11 UTC

On 06/06/2022 13:46, lucretia wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Jun 2022 21:10:58 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 03/06/2022 23:28, lucretia wrote:

>>> Yes, I gathered he was in a care home, he said he had a patch where he
>>> missed some Corrie because he wasn't organised when he first went in.
>>> Hopefully it's just that he can't do usenet anymore.
>>
>> I suppose we will never know. :-(
>
> In the late 1990's I used to play online bridge at MSN Zone, then
> Gates bought it and cut the Zone. He had just learned to play and was
> putting a new system online.
>
> Some of us were very upset, we had become friends etc. I was
> particularly friendly with a person in Edmonton, Alberta and knew she
> was in a nursing home etc. She suddenly died but I had an email from
> her lawyer saying she wanted me to be informed if the worst happened
> and to say good bye! I thought it made a lot of sense so my
> daughters know in my address book there is a folder marked to tell
> people in it if I croak. They are all people my kids don't know, so
> it will just take a quick one liner and copy all!

That's a good idea. Years ago I was posting in a newsgroup tied atthe ime to a
particular broadband provider, and we posters were close too. One disappeared.
As it happened I had exchanged the odd email with her over time and I emailed
both the addresses I had for her. It was some time later but I received a reply
from her partner eventually saying she had died. It is better to know, isn't it.

> Being spiteful, I was very pleased when Gates hired a top player to
> play with him at the Montreal tournament and they came last :)

LOL!
--
kat