You will be traveling and coming into a fortune.

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: PPB: In the slant sunlight of the young October / Alfred Austin

SubjectAuthor
* Re: PPB: In the slant sunlight of the young October / Alfred AustinMichael Pendragon
`* Re: PPB: In the slant sunlight of the young October / Alfred AustinFaraway Star
 `* Re: PPB: In the slant sunlight of the young October / Alfred AustinGeorge J. Dance
  `* Re: PPB: In the slant sunlight of the young October / Alfred AustinFaraway Star
   +- Re: PPB: In the slant sunlight of the young October / Alfred AustinAsh Wurthing
   `* Re: PPB: In the slant sunlight of the young October / Alfred AustinAsh Wurthing
    `* Re: PPB: In the slant sunlight of the young October / Alfred AustinFaraway Star
     `* Re: PPB: In the slant sunlight of the young October / Alfred AustinAsh Wurthing
      `- Re: PPB: In the slant sunlight of the young October / Alfred AustinAsh Wurthing

1
Re: PPB: In the slant sunlight of the young October / Alfred Austin

<525c71dc-483e-4340-af89-b56bc100b23dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=241578&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#241578

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 17:42:32 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: PPB: In the slant sunlight of the young October / Alfred Austin
From: michaelmaleficapendragon@gmail.com (Michael Pendragon)
 by: Michael Pendragon - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 01:42 UTC

On Monday, November 20, 2023 at 7:34:20 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> [...]
> > > Sure. Do you understand that a paragraph can be accurate or inaccurate, correct or incorrect? Yours was inaccurate and incorrect.
> > > Michael; once again, no one has seen your so-called verbatim quote. When you were asked to produce it, or a link,to it, you tried to fob off a quote from fricking *AllPoetry* instead. Nor could your NastyGoon produce it, either; they had to Google the relevant quotes on their own (and found only quotes that completely undercut your argument).

> > > Michael, neither "dramatic verse" nor "dramatic style (poetry)" are the same thing as "epic and dramatic poetry". The latter category includes epic poetry; the former does not.
> > > Which explains why you'd want to pretend anyone is quibbling over that.

> > > Wrong, Lying Michael. In yet another of their troll-threads, NastyGoon has conceded exactly that, in the Bandar-Log way, by pretending they never called the 1862 poem a play in the first place:
> > >
> > > 'If he looks above, we say "Mr. Austin seems to have published this 1862 version of the book/play, then recalled the copies for revision." We didn't say that the 1862 publication was a play at that point. It became one later."
> > > https://groups.google.com/g/alt.arts.poetry.comments/c/X1hBOAzcciA/m/nYLmz1S6BgAJ?hl=en
> > >
> > > I notice that you two like to call everything your opponent says a "lie" without ever showing any evidence, in the hope something will stick. Is that yet another tactic you picked up on your "Debating Team"?

> > > It's your claim that (because he called his cantos Acts") he considered his epic poem to be a "closet drama" rather than an epic poem (which, remember, he considered the "highest form" of poetry). The quotes NastyGoon (not you) found in his 1876 preface do not support your claim in any way.

> > > Which wouldn't have helped you, since that does not give Austin a motive for changing, or pretending to change, his epic poem into "dramatic verse." Which is why you had to lie and misrepresent.

> > > And there you go again, with the claim that you're previously quoted your "Dramatic Verse" bullshit from the preface. You've been asked to produce the quote, either by copying or by giving the link, and you've consistently dodged the request. It's reasonable to think that Lying Michael is lying yet again.
> > > Why do you project so much, Michael Monkey?

> > > anip
> > >
> > > Yes, Michael MOnkey; we've all heard those stories before, too.

> > Michael Monkey can't figure out how to defend his NastyGoon's illogic here. But he did find a typo-lame to deflect with, which should be enough for him to pretend that he's "winning" his silly little debate.
> Again, meanwhile Pendragon's in such a tizzy he's making plenty of typos in his troll posts.
>
> I spotted Pendragon using "to" for "too" earlier in the day.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: PPB: In the slant sunlight of the young October / Alfred Austin

<6b744b57-c27f-4a89-9ee7-1608fd245c2cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=241653&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#241653

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 07:58:18 -0800 (PST)
From: vhugofan@gmail.com (Faraway Star)
 by: Faraway Star - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 15:58 UTC

<9ef3652472bc61dbda253555201edd4b@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=241898&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#241898

From: George J. Dance@news.novabbs.com (George J. Dance)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 03:37:03 +0000
 by: George J. Dance - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 03:37 UTC

<a2c19240-bf74-42cd-ae64-3c71db1ada88n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=241943&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#241943

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 04:10:38 -0800 (PST)
From: vhugofan@gmail.com (Faraway Star)
 by: Faraway Star - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 12:10 UTC

<38dd51f9-6e12-4ab5-bf01-f392b3836969n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=242056&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#242056

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 16:31:46 -0800 (PST)
From: ashwurthing@gmail.com (Ash Wurthing)
 by: Ash Wurthing - Fri, 24 Nov 2023 00:31 UTC

<ae487309-cf65-4472-9c06-bd9b3966f6ban@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=242064&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#242064

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 18:20:37 -0800 (PST)
From: ashwurthing@gmail.com (Ash Wurthing)
 by: Ash Wurthing - Fri, 24 Nov 2023 02:20 UTC

<2a7be07e-d390-4b23-9c6a-f27408ae9762n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=242350&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#242350

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 12:45:37 -0800 (PST)
From: vhugofan@gmail.com (Faraway Star)
 by: Faraway Star - Sun, 26 Nov 2023 20:45 UTC

<51669319-bb2a-46d8-bc51-a41d2ee3aed7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=242370&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#242370

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 13:53:36 -0800 (PST)
From: ashwurthing@gmail.com (Ash Wurthing)
 by: Ash Wurthing - Sun, 26 Nov 2023 21:53 UTC

<e70b4385-c4e7-4da6-9c0b-2dfd0ae158dfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=242371&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#242371

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 13:56:07 -0800 (PST)
From: ashwurthing@gmail.com (Ash Wurthing)
 by: Ash Wurthing - Sun, 26 Nov 2023 21:56 UTC