From: tzod9964@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Subject: Re: "When the Mill Shut Down" / Will Dockery
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 22:25:54 +0000
 by: General-Zod - Wed, 29 Nov 2023 22:25 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:
> [...]

> Later:

>> I wound up crashing with friends and sleeping at the break room of the lumber yard..."

>> It's unclear

> It seems quite clear but there's a least a couple more poems or songs yet to come detailing those days/weeks.

>> whether you were sleeping in the lumber yard before K disappeared or immediately after

> After.

> That's what "I wound up..." means.

> This was in late 1981, and some of the story is yet to be told.

>> however, in your "pretty colors" story, you had invited her to drop acid with you at the lumber yard where you were squatting, so you had to have been there *before* she ran away.

> No, at our apartment, not the lumber yard.

>> You were seeing Tina in the summer of 1981, so Kathy would have run away (again) shortly after your reconciliation.

> That event happened in late 1981, as often stated.

>> "In 1981 when I was living there in Atlanta, my girl friend Tina worked at Varsity Jr. off Cheshire Bridge Road

> That's correct, Summer of 1981.

>> it would appear that you had been living with Tina in the summer of 1981,

> That's correct, again, Summer of 1981.

>> when Kathy returned with Clay wanting to get back together. It is unclear if you were still married at the time

> Yes, I was married during this time.

>> Again, the dates in your rambling "autobiography" are unclear

> See the timeline given below.

>> "In the Summer of 1981 the constructive eviction happened, I was living with my wife Katherine, room mate named Tina, and my young son. Moved out of there to the apartment where the story Jim is questioning me about took place, around November of 1981."

>> Unless November is considered "summer" in Georgia, something isn't adding up

> It adds up fine.

> A quick 1980-1981 timeline:

> Spring 1980:

> Lived in Columbus Georgia at Spring Circle and later 13th Avenue.

> Summer/Fall 1980

> Lived in Columbus, then moved to Atlanta.

> Winter 1980:

> Atlanta.

> Spring 1981:

> Rooming house on Piedmont Road.

> Summer/Fall 1981:

> La Maison Apartments off Cheshire Bridge Road, Atlanta then Sherwood Road.

> Winter 1981-1982:

> Friends sofas, limber yard break room.

> Spring 1982:

> Orme Circle, near Piedmont Park.

> Summer 1982:

> Rose Briar Apartments.

> Fall 1982:

> Darlington Apartment #634.

> Winter 1982:

> House in Peachtree-Battle neighborhood.

> Spring 1983:

> Back to Columbus Georgia.

> Some but not all of this timeline has been chronicled in poetry and song, but not all of it, yet.

> Snipped for brevity, stay tuned for more details and corrections.

Great to see the record set straight once again, Doc..!

Re: "When the Mill Shut Down" / Will Dockery

<dabe716a57cf6892c2eecd53e51378e3@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=243118&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#243118

From: will.dockery@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 06:35:17 +0000
References: <844fdba80c54270c1f2eb77030bb3cd3@news.novabbs.com> <87138135-4e26-4257-94c9-8db317f69ac9n@googlegroups.com> <b8a18f29-b85e-4aed-b919-fff0c53d8679n@googlegroups.com> <c3eed5ab-def7-4fca-b5cd-0efb825d3a6bn@googlegroups.com> <f64a27c5f6617b285b93d4a52185a3eb@news.novabbs.com> <a255968e-c24f-455e-beff-65f340e40b6cn@googlegroups.com> <fc93e79c7c8dd2a924cd7f7e12102105@news.novabbs.com> <4f954f5ffd7c817ae170235399a49204@news.novabbs.com>
 by: W.Dockery - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 06:35 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> [...]

>> Spring 1981:

>> Rooming house on Piedmont Road.

>> Summer/Fall 1981:

>> La Maison Apartments off Cheshire Bridge Road, Atlanta then Sherwood Road.

>> Winter 1981-1982:

>> Friends sofas, limber yard break room.

>> Spring 1982:

>> Orme Circle, near Piedmont Park.

>> Summer 1982:

>> Rose Briar Apartments.

>> Fall 1982:

>> Darlington Apartment #634.

>> Winter 1982:

>> House in Peachtree-Battle neighborhood.

>> Spring 1983:

>> Back to Columbus Georgia.

>> Some but not all of this timeline has been chronicled in poetry and song, but not all of it, yet.

>> Snipped for brevity, stay tuned for more details and corrections.

> Great to see the record set straight once again, Doc..!

As always.

🙂

Re: "When the Mill Shut Down" / Will Dockery

<002f534dcf0cf6e25d3feee7694709be@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=243424&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#243424

From: tzod9964@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2023 22:18:18 +0000
References: <844fdba80c54270c1f2eb77030bb3cd3@news.novabbs.com> <87138135-4e26-4257-94c9-8db317f69ac9n@googlegroups.com> <b8a18f29-b85e-4aed-b919-fff0c53d8679n@googlegroups.com> <c3eed5ab-def7-4fca-b5cd-0efb825d3a6bn@googlegroups.com> <f64a27c5f6617b285b93d4a52185a3eb@news.novabbs.com> <a255968e-c24f-455e-beff-65f340e40b6cn@googlegroups.com> <fc93e79c7c8dd2a924cd7f7e12102105@news.novabbs.com> <4f954f5ffd7c817ae170235399a49204@news.novabbs.com> <dabe716a57cf6892c2eecd53e51378e3@news.novabbs.com>
 by: General-Zod - Tue, 5 Dec 2023 22:18 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:

> General-Zod wrote:

>> Will Dockery wrote:

>>> Which looks correct.

>>> This was just across from 590 Sherwood Road, a kind of triangle formed by Sherwood, Monroe Drive and Piedmont Road, with the small Sherwood Park in the middle of the three streets, with a row of businesses along Piedmont Road, including the BBQ joint where Katherine worked.

>>> Later:

>>> It seems quite clear but there's a least a couple more poems or songs yet to come detailing those days/weeks.

>>> After.

>>> That's what "I wound up..." means.

>>> This was in late 1981, and some of the story is yet to be told.

>>> No, at our apartment, not the lumber yard.

>>> That event happened in late 1981, as often stated.

>>> That's correct, Summer of 1981.

>>> That's correct, again, Summer of 1981.

>>> Yes, I was married during this time.

>>> See the timeline given below.

>>> It adds up fine.

>>> A quick 1980-1981 timeline:

>>> Spring 1980:

>>> Lived in Columbus Georgia at Spring Circle and later 13th Avenue.

>>> Summer/Fall 1980

>>> Lived in Columbus, then moved to Atlanta.

>>> Winter 1980:

>>> Atlanta.

>>> Spring 1981:

>>> Rooming house on Piedmont Road.

>>> Summer/Fall 1981:

>>> La Maison Apartments off Cheshire Bridge Road, Atlanta then Sherwood Road.

>>> Winter 1981-1982:

>>> Friends sofas, limber yard break room.

>>> Spring 1982:

>>> Orme Circle, near Piedmont Park.

>>> Summer 1982:

>>> Rose Briar Apartments.

>>> Fall 1982:

>>> Darlington Apartment #634.

>>> Winter 1982:

>>> House in Peachtree-Battle neighborhood.

>>> Spring 1983:

>>> Back to Columbus Georgia.

>>> Some but not all of this timeline has been chronicled in poetry and song, but not all of it, yet.

>>> Snipped for brevity, stay tuned for more details and corrections.

>> Great to see the record set straight once again, Doc..!

> As always.

Yo...!

Good day to you...!

Re: "When the Mill Shut Down" / Will Dockery

<f24e3c7de0d30f6bc62e033ce8ae368e@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=243927&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#243927

From: will.dockery@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2023 03:59:37 +0000
References: <844fdba80c54270c1f2eb77030bb3cd3@news.novabbs.com> <87138135-4e26-4257-94c9-8db317f69ac9n@googlegroups.com> <b8a18f29-b85e-4aed-b919-fff0c53d8679n@googlegroups.com> <c3eed5ab-def7-4fca-b5cd-0efb825d3a6bn@googlegroups.com> <f64a27c5f6617b285b93d4a52185a3eb@news.novabbs.com> <a255968e-c24f-455e-beff-65f340e40b6cn@googlegroups.com> <fc93e79c7c8dd2a924cd7f7e12102105@news.novabbs.com> <4f954f5ffd7c817ae170235399a49204@news.novabbs.com> <dabe716a57cf6892c2eecd53e51378e3@news.novabbs.com> <002f534dcf0cf6e25d3feee7694709be@news.novabbs.com>
 by: W.Dockery - Sun, 10 Dec 2023 03:59 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:

>> General-Zod wrote:

>>> Great to see the record set straight once again, Doc..!

>> As always.

> Yo...!

> Good day to you...!

Good evening my friend.

🙂

Re: "When the Mill Shut Down" / Will Dockery

<b9b02f18caed6cb5fc8afbc1a99c0793@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=244267&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#244267

From: tzod9964@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 16:54:13 +0000
References: <844fdba80c54270c1f2eb77030bb3cd3@news.novabbs.com> <87138135-4e26-4257-94c9-8db317f69ac9n@googlegroups.com> <b8a18f29-b85e-4aed-b919-fff0c53d8679n@googlegroups.com> <c3eed5ab-def7-4fca-b5cd-0efb825d3a6bn@googlegroups.com> <f64a27c5f6617b285b93d4a52185a3eb@news.novabbs.com> <a255968e-c24f-455e-beff-65f340e40b6cn@googlegroups.com> <fc93e79c7c8dd2a924cd7f7e12102105@news.novabbs.com> <4f954f5ffd7c817ae170235399a49204@news.novabbs.com> <dabe716a57cf6892c2eecd53e51378e3@news.novabbs.com> <002f534dcf0cf6e25d3feee7694709be@news.novabbs.com> <f24e3c7de0d30f6bc62e033ce8ae368e@news.novabbs.com>
 by: General-Zod - Tue, 12 Dec 2023 16:54 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:

> General-Zod wrote:

>> Will Dockery wrote:

>>> As always.

>> Yo...!

>> Good day to you...!

> Good evening my friend.

> 🙂

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: "When the Mill Shut Down" / Will Dockery