You will be advanced socially, without any special effort on your part.

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: "The Approach of Winter" by Barry Cornwall (1851)

SubjectAuthor
* Re: "The Approach of Winter" by Barry Cornwall (1851)Michael Pendragon
`- Re: "The Approach of Winter" by Barry Cornwall (1851)NancyGene

1
Re: "The Approach of Winter" by Barry Cornwall (1851)

<7331651f-059f-43fb-9179-dae2593824c1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=244507&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#244507

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 05:58:04 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: "The Approach of Winter" by Barry Cornwall (1851)
From: michaelmaleficapendragon@gmail.com (Michael Pendragon)
 by: Michael Pendragon - Thu, 14 Dec 2023 13:58 UTC

On Monday, December 11, 2023 at 7:01:10 PM UTC-5, NancyGene wrote:
> On Monday, December 11, 2023 at 7:55:09 AM UTC-6, Michael Pendragon wrote:

> > > Why does George Dance keep trying to steal our poems and research? He should be ashamed. We are sending Nelson Eddy after him to paddle his bare bottom. Bullwinkle wasn't interested.
> > George fancies himself a modern day Snidely Whiplash. Unfortunately he lacks the panache to bring it off.
> He is also way too skinny to be a Snidely Whiplash, plus his hair wouldn't fit under that hat. Come to think of it, the hat is the shape of George Dance's head.
George is doing calisthenics (although not on, or under, the sheets) to bulk up for his Snidely image. He's having a hat specially made to accommodate his hair.

Re: "The Approach of Winter" by Barry Cornwall (1851)

<aaf73b8b-c9ca-4b6d-9397-300a90893afbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=244576&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#244576

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 15:04:53 -0800 (PST)
From: nancygene.andjayme1@gmail.com (NancyGene)
 by: NancyGene - Thu, 14 Dec 2023 23:04 UTC

On Thursday, December 14, 2023 at 4:58:06 AM UTC-9, Michael Pendragon wrote:
> On Monday, December 11, 2023 at 7:01:10 PM UTC-5, NancyGene wrote:

> > > George fancies himself a modern day Snidely Whiplash. Unfortunately he lacks the panache to bring it off.
> > He is also way too skinny to be a Snidely Whiplash, plus his hair wouldn't fit under that hat. Come to think of it, the hat is the shape of George Dance's head.
> George is doing calisthenics (although not on, or under, the sheets) to bulk up for his Snidely image. He's having a hat specially made to accommodate his hair.

George Dance probably has a different definition of calisthenics, such as opening a box or publishing a terrible book. We would like to see the hat that accommodates that hair. Is it stolen from Penny, Batty or Betty? What color is it?

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: "The Approach of Winter" by Barry Cornwall (1851)