Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 16:33:30 -0800 (PST)
<b2ab662a-6ef1-4ea5-9c94-d36dfcd34f8en@googlegroups.com> <ca68e5e9-f33a-4b03-bd41-854f5a3870d7n@googlegroups.com>
<eeb73b63-8c14-4669-8390-b1b99ffee27fn@googlegroups.com> <36fdd42c-5f72-438e-aa05-b8ac86cded41n@googlegroups.com>
<358f96eb-d432-45b0-8825-047ca4e0bff8n@googlegroups.com> <89204bba-fa24-4d70-a2bc-af91b759d7b0n@googlegroups.com>
<f30da134-984a-45fa-bb92-6d78c8b0d129n@googlegroups.com> <e47c70cf-1a63-4438-a73f-4b5a1d3099aan@googlegroups.com>
<91004d27-5abe-436f-9b34-23d956c25c6an@googlegroups.com> <433b1484-281f-4d18-8085-10848a879831n@googlegroups.com>
<cb989283-8e40-4130-abf5-e463a4c7a6dcn@googlegroups.com> <f5114ea5-256a-445e-abef-9d601158637bn@googlegroups.com>
<2a098b92-75e6-41ad-8d55-6055c523b57bn@googlegroups.com> <918db124-1d37-4b11-a95b-29713afbeaa1n@googlegroups.com>
<0c22af30-d430-4605-8600-042642308a8an@googlegroups.com> <fcd394b9-d7d0-4dec-bf7d-278c7b672d03n@googlegroups.com>
<e800b796-5a9a-40f6-9736-89f46f04e17dn@googlegroups.com> <d1205f5b-69bd-4030-ab8a-fd3cd348bfe7n@googlegroups.com>
<e8cad4d9-7b9b-4f94-bc2d-3054bbcbfa11n@googlegroups.com> <2355bec9-fb2b-44c9-8f96-3ed360e844a1n@googlegroups.com>
<9829eb07-2eee-4200-9843-52ef1a261dadn@googlegroups.com> <69124765-0a47-4da8-ab49-07789906c8dfn@googlegroups.com>
<c63b132e-77e3-4dba-b7e3-f6f7b6119e08n@googlegroups.com> <3b9d013d-a442-4f2e-8216-e8506ab5d962n@googlegroups.com>
<b321ba76-9fce-4ad2-ae56-6d634047693an@googlegroups.com> <add32fdc-4abe-4847-997c-1912fb9c15b3n@googlegroups.com>
<267657a3-97fe-4f87-9f8d-2e63369100b9n@googlegroups.com> <14e65bb7-d1c2-4087-a849-51ba9ab5f36bn@googlegroups.com>
<77050d47-e125-4531-89cd-c4d737ef7dc1n@googlegroups.com> <205fa6f4-1daa-4cee-824e-f12347ab7159n@googlegroups.com>
<fdca7723-833c-4c17-8974-ec3d18fedebdn@googlegroups.com> <fb5daee8-9c21-45b3-8d02-947c874c90dfn@googlegroups.com>
<cba4f9c4-ba8a-4019-85e4-7f29c30ef2f0n@googlegroups.com> <e3860c7f-6b0c-496c-8949-39f7b9878ecdn@googlegroups.com>
<41ad48bd-b7fb-402b-b446-683a786f9228n@googlegroups.com> <576099e6-fdb7-4234-8424-eb5cbe947babn@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: From the Files of Mr. Ash
From: ashwurthing@gmail.com (Ash Wurthing)
 by: Ash Wurthing - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 00:33 UTC

On Saturday, December 2, 2023 at 10:51:25 AM UTC-5, NancyGene wrote:
> On Saturday, November 25, 2023 at 6:25:33 AM UTC+4, Ash Wurthing wrote:

> > > Dragon's teeth will be pissbums' doom, if the law doesn't get them first. They will be "mocked," not by history but by people ignoring them.
> > True. Or ignorance of being a "superior" human/ freedom blessed American will make them unwitting victims for such a lowly thing like a Covid virus, or a mass shooter with a grievance and an assault rifle to take it out on everyone else.
> >
> > But I focus on much better things than Losenet vets, I have an audience waiting-- a new remix of the online kerfuffle I in store for them.
> > Before I fly, something I found while looking for the last poets for the 50 poets in metal:
> >
> > A band from Oregon named POET. A fvneral doom/death metal band with just two members listed. A male who does guitars, bass and "dirty" (nothin' to do with bums but it's the term for growling vocals) and a female who does violin, voila and vocals.
> > Their album is called Emily (songs simply named I, II, III, IV, V, VI)
> > That's right, the whole albums' lyrics are taken from Emily Dickinson's nature collection of poetry. Fitting since I do believe they're from Cascadia and bands from their have an unique outlook in their work.
> > The album can be heard here: https://poetdoom.bandcamp.com/album/emily
> Very good, Ash! This must be a post-garage band?

In my constant searching, with Christopher Lee working with Power Metal bands, I found:

Christopher Lee sings Elenore by Edgar Allan Poe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8bsnZEC2jk

Annabel Lee · sung by Stevie Nicks writers credited: Edgar Allan Poe & Stevie Nicks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doJSRSWQkV8

interesting fact:
With the song "Jingle Hell," Lee entered the Billboard Hot 100 chart at No. 22, thus becoming the second oldest living performer to ever enter the music charts, at 91 years and 6 months. After media attention, the song rose to No. 18. as Lee became the oldest person to have a top 20 hit."

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: From the Files of Mr. Ash