You will be successful in your work.

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: GOD DAMN IT, GOOGLE.

SubjectAuthor
* Re: GOD DAMN IT, GOOGLE.Will Dockery
`* Re: GOD DAMN IT, GOOGLE.Peter J Ross
 `* Re: GOD DAMN IT, GOOGLE.W.Dockery
  +- Re: GOD DAMN IT, GOOGLE.Peter J Ross
  +- Re: GOD DAMN IT, GOOGLE.W.Dockery
  `- Re: GOD DAMN IT, GOOGLE.W.Dockery

1
Re: GOD DAMN IT, GOOGLE.

<c64de7a9-6de7-40ba-81a2-746a61962c62n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=244765&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#244765

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 15:34:27 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: GOD DAMN IT, GOOGLE.
From: will.dockery@gmail.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 23:34 UTC

Peter J Ross wrote:

> On 2023-12-16, Michael Pendragon <michaelmaleficapendragon@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> On Saturday, December 16, 2023 at 5:06:26 PM UTC-5, Peter J Ross
>> wrote:

>>> In so far as they obviously don't *want* to apply, they're obviously
>>> not quite as stupid as you.
>>>
>>> *

>>> slrn, and I need to make a few test posts while setting it up.
>>>
>>> Hmm. I need to set a signature file and one or two custom headers,
>>> and I used to have something in my .vimrc that automagically wrapped
>>> the attribution line to 72 columns....
>>>
>>> While I'm working all these details out, Creepy Mike, I'll be too
>>> preoccupied to pay much attention to flame wars, so now is the best
>>> chance you've ever had to get the better of me. My confusion may last
>>> up to six or seven hours, so take your chance! There is a tide in the
>>> affairs of moronic, self-important, creepy, whining poetasters, that,
>>> taken at the flood...
>>
>> I'm sorry, Peter, but what am I supposed to be getting the better of
>> you about?
>>
>> And why do you think I should care to do so?

> "BAWK! BAWK! BAWK!"

> By the way, in the conversation in which I learned about the impending
> death of Google Gropes, I enquired about the health of Dunce and
> Dreckery, but I completely forgot about you. You imagine yourself to be
> a mighty and memorable personality, but in reality you're not even as
> mighty and memorable as Dunce or Dreckery. How sad!

Ask Michael Pendragon about his pathetic delusional belief that he's a better poet than T.S. Eliot, William Carlos Williams and Ezra Pound.

🙂

Re: GOD DAMN IT, GOOGLE.

<slrnunsjen.12ia.pjr@nntp.pjross.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=244776&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#244776

From: pjr@example.invalid (Peter J Ross)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: 17 Dec 2023 01:24:39 GMT
 by: Peter J Ross - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 01:24 UTC

On 2023-12-16, Will Dockery <will.dockery@gmail.com> wrote:
> Peter J Ross wrote:
>
>> On 2023-12-16, Michael Pendragon <michaelmaleficapendragon@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> I'm sorry, Peter, but what am I supposed to be getting the better of
>>> you about?
>>>
>>> And why do you think I should care to do so?
>
>> "BAWK! BAWK! BAWK!"
>
>> By the way, in the conversation in which I learned about the
>> impending death of Google Gropes, I enquired about the health of
>> Dunce and Dreckery, but I completely forgot about you. You imagine
>> yourself to be a mighty and memorable personality, but in reality
>> you're not even as mighty and memorable as Dunce or Dreckery. How
>> sad!
>
> Ask Michael Pendragon about his pathetic delusional belief that he's a
> better poet than T.S. Eliot, William Carlos Williams and Ezra Pound.

You, OTOH, have merely claimed to be as good a poet as William
Shakespeare.

--
PJR :-)

Re: GOD DAMN IT, GOOGLE.

<3a190d616b32976d4e6baa82659f5193@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=245062&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#245062

From: W.Dockery@news.novabbs.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 08:10:05 +0000
 by: W.Dockery - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 08:10 UTC

Peter J Ross wrote:

> On 2023-12-16, Will Dockery <will.dockery@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Peter J Ross wrote:

>>> "BAWK! BAWK! BAWK!"
>>
>>> By the way, in the conversation in which I learned about the
>>> impending death of Google Gropes, I enquired about the health of
>>> Dunce and Dreckery, but I completely forgot about you. You imagine
>>> yourself to be a mighty and memorable personality, but in reality
>>> you're not even as mighty and memorable as Dunce or Dreckery. How
>>> sad!
>>
>> Ask Michael Pendragon about his pathetic delusional belief that he's a
>> better poet than T.S. Eliot, William Carlos Williams and Ezra Pound.

> You, OTOH, have merely claimed

Again, a lie.

I made no such claims.

Glad to clear up your lies and misrepresentations and set the record straight, PJR.

🙂

Re: GOD DAMN IT, GOOGLE.

<slrnuoeohg.2v7.pjr@nntp.pjross.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=245213&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#245213

From: pjr@example.invalid (Peter J Ross)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: 23 Dec 2023 22:41:52 GMT
 by: Peter J Ross - Sat, 23 Dec 2023 22:41 UTC

On 2023-12-21, W.Dockery <W.Dockery@news.novabbs.com> wrote:

> lie

> and misrepresent

We know.

--
PJR :-)

Re: GOD DAMN IT, GOOGLE.

<c566520ba95c51324b5c36979e9a850c@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=245497&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#245497

From: will.dockery@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 10:20:37 +0000
 by: W.Dockery - Sun, 24 Dec 2023 10:20 UTC

Robert Burrows wrote:

> On Saturday, December 23, 2023 at 10:50:14 PM UTC-5, W.Dockery wrote:
>> Will Dockery wrote:

>> > Again, a lie.
>>
>> > I made no such claims.
>>
>> > Glad to clear up your lies and misrepresentations and set the record straight, PJR.
>>
>> And from PJR:
>>
>> "Crickets."
>>
>> 🙂

> Out, out, brief Google!
> Life's but a drunken shadow, a poor singer,
> That trips and zorros
> his hour upon the stage,
> And then is heard no more. It is a tale
> Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
> Signifying nothing.

You're a Google Groups user, aren't you, Robert?

🙂

Re: GOD DAMN IT, GOOGLE.

<1e2d87ce57fecc4b1efdc32f34ff4ad2@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=249667&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#249667

From: will.dockery@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 03:49:10 +0000
 by: W.Dockery - Sun, 24 Dec 2023 03:49 UTC