From: will.dockery@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems, alt.arts.poetry.comments, alt.music.lyrics
Subject: Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragments
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 01:45:04 +0000
 by: W.Dockery - Sat, 20 Jan 2024 01:45 UTC

David Dalton wrote:

> Here's a few of my poetry and song snippets from 1993 -- 1995:

> https://www.nfld.com//~dalton/poemfrag.html

> I won’t copy and paste them all here since then some
> needed spacing in some of them won’t be reproduced,
> at least in Hogwasher newsreader which I use when
> I am in St. John’s.

> Back then I had good wordplay ability but suffered from
> an inability to complete projects. I hope that my creativity
> will return soon and that it will include the ability to
> complete projects and to do longer poems and songs.

> Constructive(!) criticism is welcome.

> Some of them do show my interest in Sarah McLachlan,
> but I never bothered her. However her record label
> person who was on the mailing list must have relayed
> the best of my writing to her since she silently approached
> me twice in the spring of 1995, which is reflected in some
> of the lyrics on her 1997 Surfacing album.

Hope 2024 is a good poetry year for you, David.

😃

Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragments

<0001HW.2B5BB9F10054516C700002D0F38F@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=246534&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#246534

From: dalton@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems, alt.arts.poetry.comments, alt.music.lyrics
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 04:51:05 -0330
 by: David Dalton - Sat, 20 Jan 2024 08:21 UTC

On Jan 19, 2024, W.Dockery wrote
(in article<b9407571ea5b0348becb3b1e834db89e@www.novabbs.com>):

> David Dalton wrote:
> >
> > Here's a few of my poetry and song snippets from 1993 -- 1995:
>
> > https://www.nfld.com//~dalton/poemfrag.html
>
> > I won’t copy and paste them all here since then some
> > needed spacing in some of them won’t be reproduced,
> > at least in Hogwasher newsreader which I use when
> > I am in St. John’s.
>
> > Back then I had good wordplay ability but suffered from
> > an inability to complete projects. I hope that my creativity
> > will return soon and that it will include the ability to
> > complete projects and to do longer poems and songs.
>
> > Constructive(!) criticism is welcome.
>
> > Some of them do show my interest in Sarah McLachlan,
> > but I never bothered her. However her record label
> > person who was on the mailing list must have relayed
> > the best of my writing to her since she silently approached
> > me twice in the spring of 1995, which is reflected in some
> > of the lyrics on her 1997 Surfacing album.
>
> Hope 2024 is a good poetry year for you, David.
>
> 😃

Thanks, Will, and the same to you and other readers!

--
David Dalton dalton@nfld.com https://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
“It dpesn't matter baby, if you're a non-believer, the axe has fallen...

Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragments

<8bea03e89db245fa80ca2e64ae080d35@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=246544&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#246544

From: will.dockery@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems, alt.arts.poetry.comments, alt.music.lyrics
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 19:31:22 +0000
 by: W.Dockery - Sat, 20 Jan 2024 19:31 UTC

David Dalton wrote:

> On Jan 19, 2024, Will Dockery wrote
> (in article<b9407571ea5b0348becb3b1e834db89e@www.novabbs.com>):

>> David Dalton wrote:
>> >
>> > Here's a few of my poetry and song snippets from 1993 -- 1995:
>>
>> > https://www.nfld.com//~dalton/poemfrag.html
>>
>> > I won’t copy and paste them all here since then some
>> > needed spacing in some of them won’t be reproduced,
>> > at least in Hogwasher newsreader which I use when
>> > I am in St. John’s.
>>
>> > Back then I had good wordplay ability but suffered from
>> > an inability to complete projects. I hope that my creativity
>> > will return soon and that it will include the ability to
>> > complete projects and to do longer poems and songs.
>>
>> > Constructive(!) criticism is welcome.
>>
>> > Some of them do show my interest in Sarah McLachlan,
>> > but I never bothered her. However her record label
>> > person who was on the mailing list must have relayed
>> > the best of my writing to her since she silently approached
>> > me twice in the spring of 1995, which is reflected in some
>> > of the lyrics on her 1997 Surfacing album.
>>
>> Hope 2024 is a good poetry year for you, David.
>>

> Thanks, Will, and the same to you and other readers!

Good afternoon, my friend.

:)

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragments