From: George J. Dance@news.novabbs.com (George J. Dance)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Subject: PPB: The Second Coming / W.B. Yeats
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 04:15:45 +0000
 by: George J. Dance - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 04:15 UTC

Today's poem on Penny's Poetry Blog:
The Second Coming, by William Butler Yeats
[...]
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity
[...]
https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2023/12/the-second-coming-william-butler-yeats.html

("Slouching towards Bethlehem" sung by Joni Mitchell)

#pennyspoems

Re: PPB: The Second Coming / W.B. Yeats

<9f5a8240a06b4794b83faacadd6b6bd8@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=243520&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#243520

From: George J. Dance@news.novabbs.com (George J. Dance)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Subject: Re: PPB: The Second Coming / W.B. Yeats
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2023 19:43:12 +0000
 by: George J. Dance - Wed, 6 Dec 2023 19:43 UTC

On Tuesday, December 5, 2023 at 3:04:31 PM UTC-5, Faraway Star wrote:
> On Monday, December 4, 2023 at 6:27:41 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:

> > > Love Yeats AND Joni M...!
> > Agreed, great selection, George.
> Great minds and all that... ha ha.
Thanks for keeping the thread where it can be noticed. I was happy to get this poem onto the blog. It was Joni MItchell's interpretation that brought me back to the poem; on rereading it, I was struck by how much the time Yeats describes sound like our own, and the latter is why I decided to blog it. Judging by the commenhts and reads (80 in its first three days), it seems to have resonated with a lot of readers.

Re: PPB: The Second Coming / W.B. Yeats

<269a9857050dffa8bc6afc39a475523b@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=243558&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#243558

From: tzod9964@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2023 22:02:59 +0000
 by: General-Zod - Wed, 6 Dec 2023 22:02 UTC

George J. wrote:

> > > Agreed, great selection, George.
> > Great minds and all that... ha ha.
> Thanks for keeping the thread where it can be noticed. I was happy to get this poem onto the blog. It was Joni MItchell's interpretation that brought me back to the poem; on rereading it, I was struck by how much the time Yeats describes sound like our own, and the latter is why I decided to blog it. Judging by the commenhts and reads (80 in its first three days), it seems to have resonated with a lot of readers.

Well put G.D.

Re: PPB: The Second Coming / W.B. Yeats

<d289be9e70f6cae0fa6fface950f8fb8@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=248489&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#248489

From: will.dockery@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 08:13:41 +0000
 by: W.Dockery - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 08:13 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> George J. wrote:

>> > Great minds and all that... ha ha.
>> Thanks for keeping the thread where it can be noticed. I was happy to get this poem onto the blog. It was Joni MItchell's interpretation that brought me back to the poem; on rereading it, I was struck by how much the time Yeats describes sound like our own, and the latter is why I decided to blog it. Judging by the commenhts and reads (80 in its first three days), it seems to have resonated with a lot of readers.

> Well put G.D.

Agreed.

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: PPB: The Second Coming / W.B. Yeats