Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: Into the Dustbin of History

SubjectAuthor
* Into the Dustbin of HistoryGeorge J. Dance
+- Re: Into the Dustbin of HistoryGeneral-Zod
+* Re: Into the Dustbin of HistoryRobert Burrows
|+* Re: Into the Dustbin of HistoryWill Dockery
||`- Re: Into the Dustbin of HistoryGeneral-Zod
|+- Re: Into the Dustbin of HistoryGeneral-Zod
|`* Re: Into the Dustbin of HistoryGeorge J. Dance
| +- Re: Into the Dustbin of HistoryFaraway Star
| `- Re: Into the Dustbin of HistoryW.Dockery
+- Re: Into the Dustbin of HistoryAsh Wurthing
+- Re: Into the Dustbin of HistoryW.Dockery
+- Re: Into the Dustbin of HistoryAsh Wurthing
+- Re: Into the Dustbin of HistoryGeneral-Zod
+- Re: Into the Dustbin of HistoryGeneral-Zod
`- Re: Into the Dustbin of HistoryW.Dockery

1
Into the Dustbin of History

<0ae2e449a3e596891d082236e688ecd7@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=247420&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#247420

From: George J. Dance@www.novabbs.com (George J. Dance)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Subject: Into the Dustbin of History
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 20:39:30 +0000
 by: George J. Dance - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 20:39 UTC

Into the Dustbin of History

Today I spent two hours editing the monthly Top 20 and annual Top 100 charts on Penny's Poetry Blog, taking out the names of J.D. Senetto and the aliases of Corey Connor ("Hieronymous 707"), Robert Burrows ("Adam Lynn"), and Michael Monkey Peabrain ("Michael Pendragon"). Why do such a petty and vindictive thing, you ask? Well, it was petty and vindictive, but it wasn't my pettiness, or my vindictiveness, or even my idea.

I removed their names from the charts because, 6 months ago, MMP ordered me to stop "using" their names on my blog. (All but Burrows, whom he apparently keeps forgetting; I added him on my own.) Otherwise, they would sue me.

https://groups.google.com/g/alt.arts.poetry.comments/c/4zlqC2vJr0s/m/XsN7VWRTAAAJ

Not that I'm worried about the Bandar-log and their ko0KoOTs, but I had to agree it was a good idea. All four had broken their word to me and stabbed me in the back, insisting that I remove poems they had submitted to me, and even lying about whether they had submitted them. The first three actually insisted I remove their poems from aapc's first literary journal, /April/ -- something that is unheard of. MMP was not guilty of that, but he did enable the other three, even falsely claiming that's how it's done in the "publishing industry" (it isn't).

Why in the world would I want to promote any of them, or give them attention in any way? Good riddance, I say. Let them cosplay as poets on their own time, and their own dime. Into the dustbin of history with them.

https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/

Re: Into the Dustbin of History

<7259a453fa4ed2206134d84924918cd8@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=247423&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#247423

From: tzod9964@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Subject: Re: Into the Dustbin of History
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 12:49:37 +0000
 by: General-Zod - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 12:49 UTC

George J. Dance wrote:

> Into the Dustbin of History

> Today I spent two hours editing the monthly Top 20 and annual Top 100 charts on Penny's Poetry Blog, taking out the names of J.D. Senetto and the aliases of Corey Connor ("Hieronymous 707"), Robert Burrows ("Adam Lynn"), and Michael Monkey Peabrain ("Michael Pendragon"). Why do such a petty and vindictive thing, you ask? Well, it was petty and vindictive, but it wasn't my pettiness, or my vindictiveness, or even my idea.

> I removed their names from the charts because, 6 months ago, MMP ordered me to stop "using" their names on my blog. (All but Burrows, whom he apparently keeps forgetting; I added him on my own.) Otherwise, they would sue me.

> https://groups.google.com/g/alt.arts.poetry.comments/c/4zlqC2vJr0s/m/XsN7VWRTAAAJ

> Not that I'm worried about the Bandar-log and their ko0KoOTs, but I had to agree it was a good idea. All four had broken their word to me and stabbed me in the back, insisting that I remove poems they had submitted to me, and even lying about whether they had submitted them. The first three actually insisted I remove their poems from aapc's first literary journal, /April/ -- something that is unheard of. MMP was not guilty of that, but he did enable the other three, even falsely claiming that's how it's done in the "publishing industry" (it isn't).

> Why in the world would I want to promote any of them, or give them attention in any way? Good riddance, I say. Let them cosplay as poets on their own time, and their own dime. Into the dustbin of history with them.

> https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/

Well put G. D.

Re: Into the Dustbin of History

<9fedb683-42bb-4fb4-be1f-b2893b5d7465n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=247434&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#247434

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 14:04:10 -0800 (PST)
From: rjburrows94@gmail.com (Robert Burrows)
 by: Robert Burrows - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 22:04 UTC

On Tuesday, February 13, 2024 at 3:40:15 PM UTC-5, George J. wrote:
> Into the Dustbin of History
>
> Today I spent two hours editing the monthly Top 20 and annual Top 100 charts on Penny's Poetry Blog, taking out the names of J.D. Senetto and the aliases of Corey Connor ("Hieronymous 707"), Robert Burrows ("Adam Lynn"), and Michael Monkey Peabrain ("Michael Pendragon"). Why do such a petty and vindictive thing, you ask? Well, it was petty and vindictive, but it wasn't my pettiness, or my vindictiveness, or even my idea.
>
> I removed their names from the charts because, 6 months ago, MMP ordered me to stop "using" their names on my blog. (All but Burrows, whom he apparently keeps forgetting; I added him on my own.) Otherwise, they would sue me..
>
> https://groups.google.com/g/alt.arts.poetry.comments/c/4zlqC2vJr0s/m/XsN7VWRTAAAJ
>
> Not that I'm worried about the Bandar-log and their ko0KoOTs, but I had to agree it was a good idea. All four had broken their word to me and stabbed me in the back, insisting that I remove poems they had submitted to me, and even lying about whether they had submitted them. The first three actually insisted I remove their poems from aapc's first literary journal, /April/ -- something that is unheard of. MMP was not guilty of that, but he did enable the other three, even falsely claiming that's how it's done in the "publishing industry" (it isn't).
>
> Why in the world would I want to promote any of them, or give them attention in any way? Good riddance, I say. Let them cosplay as poets on their own time, and their own dime. Into the dustbin of history with them.
>
> https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/

Thanks, George. I wouldn't want to be associated in any way with a publisher who thought that it was a good idea to publish the work of Will Dockery.

Re: Into the Dustbin of History

<fda72a02-c7a6-4536-a505-f2e667c705b3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=247436&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#247436

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 21:01:55 -0800 (PST)
From: will.dockery@gmail.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Thu, 15 Feb 2024 05:01 UTC

On Wednesday, February 14, 2024 at 5:04:12 PM UTC-5, Robert Burrows wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 13, 2024 at 3:40:15 PM UTC-5, George J. wrote:
>
> > Into the Dustbin of History
> >
> > Today I spent two hours editing the monthly Top 20 and annual Top 100 charts on Penny's Poetry Blog, taking out the names of J.D. Senetto and the aliases of Corey Connor ("Hieronymous 707"), Robert Burrows ("Adam Lynn"), and Michael Monkey Peabrain ("Michael Pendragon"). Why do such a petty and vindictive thing, you ask? Well, it was petty and vindictive, but it wasn't my pettiness, or my vindictiveness, or even my idea.
> >
> > I removed their names from the charts because, 6 months ago, MMP ordered me to stop "using" their names on my blog. (All but Burrows, whom he apparently keeps forgetting; I added him on my own.) Otherwise, they would sue me.
> >
> > https://groups.google.com/g/alt.arts.poetry.comments/c/4zlqC2vJr0s/m/XsN7VWRTAAAJ
> >
> > Not that I'm worried about the Bandar-log and their ko0KoOTs, but I had to agree it was a good idea. All four had broken their word to me and stabbed me in the back, insisting that I remove poems they had submitted to me, and even lying about whether they had submitted them. The first three actually insisted I remove their poems from aapc's first literary journal, /April/ -- something that is unheard of. MMP was not guilty of that, but he did enable the other three, even falsely claiming that's how it's done in the "publishing industry" (it isn't).
> >
> > Why in the world would I want to promote any of them, or give them attention in any way? Good riddance, I say. Let them cosplay as poets on their own time, and their own dime. Into the dustbin of history with them.
> >
> > https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/
> Thanks, George. I wouldn't want to be associated in any way with a publisher who thought that it was a good idea to publish the work of Will Dockery..

Right, and your poetry is immediately forgettable anyhow.

:)

Re: Into the Dustbin of History

<d36ec7de5b109f6660d2854da094709c@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=247450&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#247450

From: tzod9964@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 11:09:43 +0000
 by: General-Zod - Thu, 15 Feb 2024 11:09 UTC

Robert Burrows wrote:

> On Tuesday, February 13, 2024 at 3:40:15 PM UTC-5, George J. wrote:
>
>> Into the Dustbin of History
>>
>> Today I spent two hours editing the monthly Top 20 and annual Top 100 charts on Penny's Poetry Blog, taking out the names of J.D. Senetto and the aliases of Corey Connor ("Hieronymous 707"), Robert Burrows ("Adam Lynn"), and Michael Monkey Peabrain ("Michael Pendragon"). Why do such a petty and vindictive thing, you ask? Well, it was petty and vindictive, but it wasn't my pettiness, or my vindictiveness, or even my idea.
>>
>> I removed their names from the charts because, 6 months ago, MMP ordered me to stop "using" their names on my blog. (All but Burrows, whom he apparently keeps forgetting; I added him on my own.) Otherwise, they would sue me..
>>
>> https://groups.google.com/g/alt.arts.poetry.comments/c/4zlqC2vJr0s/m/XsN7VWRTAAAJ
>>
>> Not that I'm worried about the Bandar-log and their ko0KoOTs, but I had to agree it was a good idea. All four had broken their word to me and stabbed me in the back, insisting that I remove poems they had submitted to me, and even lying about whether they had submitted them. The first three actually insisted I remove their poems from aapc's first literary journal, /April/ -- something that is unheard of. MMP was not guilty of that, but he did enable the other three, even falsely claiming that's how it's done in the "publishing industry" (it isn't).
>>
>> Why in the world would I want to promote any of them, or give them attention in any way? Good riddance, I say. Let them cosplay as poets on their own time, and their own dime. Into the dustbin of history with them.
>>
>> https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/

> Thanks, George. I wouldn't want to be associated in any way with a publisher who thought that it was a good idea to publish the work of Will Dockery.

You sound jealous, Burro... Ha ha.

"With a tear in your eye..."

Re: Into the Dustbin of History

<3a41467e05016019b2001dad34ba2bad@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=247554&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#247554

From: George J. Dance@www.novabbs.com (George J. Dance)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 22:26:43 +0000
 by: George J. Dance - Sat, 17 Feb 2024 22:26 UTC

On Wednesday, February 14, 2024 at 5:04:12 PM UTC-5, Robert Burrows wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 13, 2024 at 3:40:15 PM UTC-5, George J. wrote:
> > Into the Dustbin of History
> >
> > Today I spent two hours editing the monthly Top 20 and annual Top 100 charts on Penny's Poetry Blog, taking out the names of J.D. Senetto and the aliases of Corey Connor ("Hieronymous 707"), Robert Burrows ("Adam Lynn"), and Michael Monkey Peabrain ("Michael Pendragon"). Why do such a petty and vindictive thing, you ask? Well, it was petty and vindictive, but it wasn't my pettiness, or my vindictiveness, or even my idea.
> >
> > I removed their names from the charts because, 6 months ago, MMP ordered me to stop "using" their names on my blog. (All but Burrows, whom he apparently keeps forgetting; I added him on my own.) Otherwise, they would sue me.
> >
> > https://groups.google.com/g/alt.arts.poetry.comments/c/4zlqC2vJr0s/m/XsN7VWRTAAAJ
> >
> > Not that I'm worried about the Bandar-log and their ko0KoOTs, but I had to agree it was a good idea. All four had broken their word to me and stabbed me in the back, insisting that I remove poems they had submitted to me, and even lying about whether they had submitted them. The first three actually insisted I remove their poems from aapc's first literary journal, /April/ -- something that is unheard of. MMP was not guilty of that, but he did enable the other three, even falsely claiming that's how it's done in the "publishing industry" (it isn't).
> >
> > Why in the world would I want to promote any of them, or give them attention in any way? Good riddance, I say. Let them cosplay as poets on their own time, and their own dime. Into the dustbin of history with them.
> >
> > https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/
> Thanks, George. I wouldn't want to be associated in any way with a publisher who thought that it was a good idea to publish the work of Will Dockery.

R-i-i-gh-t; after year with your poetry in the same journal as Will, you don't "want" that anymore. Well, if you're worried about "Burrows" you can rest easy, as it was never there in the first place. However, if it's "Adam Lynn" you're worried about, understand that anyone who finds, say, an unsigned poem named "Orbits' and is curious can click the link and end up on this page:

https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2011/04/orbits-adam-lynn.html

Re: Into the Dustbin of History

<3dbe002f-3340-4851-9b46-c476332142bbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=247556&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#247556

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 16:22:56 -0800 (PST)
From: vhugofan@gmail.com (Faraway Star)
 by: Faraway Star - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 00:22 UTC

On Saturday, February 17, 2024 at 5:30:17 PM UTC-5, George J. wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 14, 2024 at 5:04:12 PM UTC-5, Robert Burrows wrote:
> > On Tuesday, February 13, 2024 at 3:40:15 PM UTC-5, George J. wrote:
> > > Into the Dustbin of History
> > >
> > > Today I spent two hours editing the monthly Top 20 and annual Top 100 charts on Penny's Poetry Blog, taking out the names of J.D. Senetto and the aliases of Corey Connor ("Hieronymous 707"), Robert Burrows ("Adam Lynn"), and Michael Monkey Peabrain ("Michael Pendragon"). Why do such a petty and vindictive thing, you ask? Well, it was petty and vindictive, but it wasn't my pettiness, or my vindictiveness, or even my idea.
> > >
> > > I removed their names from the charts because, 6 months ago, MMP ordered me to stop "using" their names on my blog. (All but Burrows, whom he apparently keeps forgetting; I added him on my own.) Otherwise, they would sue me.
> > >
> > > https://groups.google.com/g/alt.arts.poetry.comments/c/4zlqC2vJr0s/m/XsN7VWRTAAAJ
> > >
> > > Not that I'm worried about the Bandar-log and their ko0KoOTs, but I had to agree it was a good idea. All four had broken their word to me and stabbed me in the back, insisting that I remove poems they had submitted to me, and even lying about whether they had submitted them. The first three actually insisted I remove their poems from aapc's first literary journal, /April/ -- something that is unheard of. MMP was not guilty of that, but he did enable the other three, even falsely claiming that's how it's done in the "publishing industry" (it isn't).
> > >
> > > Why in the world would I want to promote any of them, or give them attention in any way? Good riddance, I say. Let them cosplay as poets on their own time, and their own dime. Into the dustbin of history with them.
> > >
> > > https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/
> > Thanks, George. I wouldn't want to be associated in any way with a publisher who thought that it was a good idea to publish the work of Will Dockery.
> R-i-i-gh-t; after year with your poetry in the same journal as Will, you don't "want" that anymore. Well, if you're worried about "Burrows" you can rest easy, as it was never there in the first place. However, if it's "Adam Lynn" you're worried about, understand that anyone who finds, say, an unsigned poem named "Orbits' and is curious can click the link and end up on this page:
>
> https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2011/04/orbits-adam-lynn.html

Indeed....

"With a tear in his eye."

Re: Into the Dustbin of History

<bb8f9141-e203-40a8-b54c-11c5639b4189n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=247559&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#247559

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 00:33:07 -0800 (PST)
From: ashwurthing@gmail.com (Ash Wurthing)
 by: Ash Wurthing - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 08:33 UTC

On Tuesday, February 13, 2024 at 3:40:15 PM UTC-5, George J. wrote:
> Into the Dustbin of History
>
> Today I spent two hours editing the monthly Top 20 and annual Top 100 charts on Penny's Poetry Blog, taking out the names of J.D. Senetto and the aliases of Corey Connor ("Hieronymous 707"), Robert Burrows ("Adam Lynn"), and Michael Monkey Peabrain ("Michael Pendragon"). Why do such a petty and vindictive thing, you ask? Well, it was petty and vindictive, but it wasn't my pettiness, or my vindictiveness, or even my idea.
>
> I removed their names from the charts because, 6 months ago, MMP ordered me to stop "using" their names on my blog. (All but Burrows, whom he apparently keeps forgetting; I added him on my own.) Otherwise, they would sue me..
>
> https://groups.google.com/g/alt.arts.poetry.comments/c/4zlqC2vJr0s/m/XsN7VWRTAAAJ
>
> Not that I'm worried about the Bandar-log and their ko0KoOTs, but I had to agree it was a good idea. All four had broken their word to me and stabbed me in the back, insisting that I remove poems they had submitted to me, and even lying about whether they had submitted them. The first three actually insisted I remove their poems from aapc's first literary journal, /April/ -- something that is unheard of. MMP was not guilty of that, but he did enable the other three, even falsely claiming that's how it's done in the "publishing industry" (it isn't).
>
> Why in the world would I want to promote any of them, or give them attention in any way? Good riddance, I say. Let them cosplay as poets on their own time, and their own dime. Into the dustbin of history with them.
>
> https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/

Heh, I had to respond-- you know, as Georgie says, we should be generous to the old tit tatter, especially since he sounds so lonely and bitter...

I would have to say your charts aren't so hot after all if people don't want to be on them! I would also have to say to your charts are doomed to the dustbin too! That's how reality works-- once you stop maintaining your blog, the readers you have will move on to other places... So to the dustbin of ignominy as you like to say. Oh, someone take pity, some the old x-x some charity-- two pennies for his journey.

Also, what about when your readers also pass away? Do you have someone to keep your work going on after you're not? Your foe does...

Re: Into the Dustbin of History

<d69f6c6509a94f901c68dcec93a61c68@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=247567&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#247567

From: W.Dockery@www.novabbs.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 11:28:12 +0000
 by: W.Dockery - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 11:28 UTC

George J. Dance wrote:

> Into the Dustbin of History

> Today I spent two hours editing the monthly Top 20 and annual Top 100 charts on Penny's Poetry Blog, taking out the names of J.D. Senetto and the aliases of Corey Connor ("Hieronymous 707"), Robert Burrows ("Adam Lynn"), and Michael Monkey Peabrain ("Michael Pendragon"). Why do such a petty and vindictive thing, you ask? Well, it was petty and vindictive, but it wasn't my pettiness, or my vindictiveness, or even my idea.

> I removed their names from the charts because, 6 months ago, MMP ordered me to stop "using" their names on my blog. (All but Burrows, whom he apparently keeps forgetting; I added him on my own.) Otherwise, they would sue me.

> https://groups.google.com/g/alt.arts.poetry.comments/c/4zlqC2vJr0s/m/XsN7VWRTAAAJ

> Not that I'm worried about the Bandar-log and their ko0KoOTs, but I had to agree it was a good idea. All four had broken their word to me and stabbed me in the back, insisting that I remove poems they had submitted to me, and even lying about whether they had submitted them. The first three actually insisted I remove their poems from aapc's first literary journal, /April/ -- something that is unheard of. MMP was not guilty of that, but he did enable the other three, even falsely claiming that's how it's done in the "publishing industry" (it isn't).

> Why in the world would I want to promote any of them, or give them attention in any way? Good riddance, I say. Let them cosplay as poets on their own time, and their own dime. Into the dustbin of history with them.

> https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/

And so it goes.

:)

Re: Into the Dustbin of History

<490aae54cb75670e02df2dcbfc4382ba@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=247586&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#247586

From: tzod9964@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 20:51:26 +0000
 by: General-Zod - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 20:51 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:

> On Wednesday, February 14, 2024 at 5:04:12 PM UTC-5, Robert Burrows wrote:
>> On Tuesday, February 13, 2024 at 3:40:15 PM UTC-5, George J. wrote:
>>
>> > Into the Dustbin of History
>> >
>> > Today I spent two hours editing the monthly Top 20 and annual Top 100 charts on Penny's Poetry Blog, taking out the names of J.D. Senetto and the aliases of Corey Connor ("Hieronymous 707"), Robert Burrows ("Adam Lynn"), and Michael Monkey Peabrain ("Michael Pendragon"). Why do such a petty and vindictive thing, you ask? Well, it was petty and vindictive, but it wasn't my pettiness, or my vindictiveness, or even my idea.
>> >
>> > I removed their names from the charts because, 6 months ago, MMP ordered me to stop "using" their names on my blog. (All but Burrows, whom he apparently keeps forgetting; I added him on my own.) Otherwise, they would sue me.
>> >
>> > https://groups.google.com/g/alt.arts.poetry.comments/c/4zlqC2vJr0s/m/XsN7VWRTAAAJ
>> >
>> > Not that I'm worried about the Bandar-log and their ko0KoOTs, but I had to agree it was a good idea. All four had broken their word to me and stabbed me in the back, insisting that I remove poems they had submitted to me, and even lying about whether they had submitted them. The first three actually insisted I remove their poems from aapc's first literary journal, /April/ -- something that is unheard of. MMP was not guilty of that, but he did enable the other three, even falsely claiming that's how it's done in the "publishing industry" (it isn't).
>> >
>> > Why in the world would I want to promote any of them, or give them attention in any way? Good riddance, I say. Let them cosplay as poets on their own time, and their own dime. Into the dustbin of history with them.
>> >
>> > https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/
>> Thanks, George. I wouldn't want to be associated in any way with a publisher who thought that it was a good idea to publish the work of Will Dockery..

> Right, and your poetry is immediately forgettable anyhow.

> :)

Actually never even noticed in the first place... Ha ha.

With a tear in his eye....

Re: Into the Dustbin of History

<1789bc7f-10a5-45b6-aa18-64b97649654bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=247855&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#247855

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 20:46:06 -0800 (PST)
From: ashwurthing@gmail.com (Ash Wurthing)
 by: Ash Wurthing - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 04:46 UTC

Heh, I had to respond-- you know, as Georgie says, we should be generous to the old tit tatter, especially since he sounds so lonely and bitter...

I would have to say your charts aren't so hot after all if people don't want to be on them! I would also have to say that your charts are doomed to the dustbin too! That's how reality works-- once you stop maintaining your blog, the readers you have will move on to other places... So to the dustbin of ignominy as you like to say. Oh, someone take pity, grant the old x-x some charity-- at least two pennies for his journey.

Do you have someone to keep your work going on after you're not? Your foe does...

And the jack asses of the donkey crew delegate people to mere gangs for or against them and cannot, like ignorant rumps, like some petty online Trumps, consider them as individuals. The way these mules to their egos, strip away people's humanity and individuality online, seem s pretty depraved and "fascist," like Jordy always raves.

I pity the whippin' fools, mules of ridicule, lowly tools of their self-absorbed Rule...

Only fools desiring their safe places, erect fences to herd their enemies into for imagined victories. Fences serve no other purpose here for they don't stop trespasses of insulting slights, won't stop the fight and they certainly don't keep away the blight of your kind.

Goddamned the ignominy of fools of meagre commentary!
*sigh* So simpleton that it stupefies the imagination into stagnant inanity of obstinate rhetoric.
I've come to these wasted troll lands to rhyme- not upon the poetic sublime, but the shit slung pathetic slime fouling this apathetic clime.

The more you try to dismiss me as a mere lackey, the more I will make you suffer for your belief. Even if peace comes, or you finally realize what you lost in me, then you'll get to rue your ego skewed world view.

So to my foes, let it be known that what you hold over me is meaningless to the truth that I behold; that you, blinded with your fleeting perceived Worldly superiority, will not foresee until it unfolds. Everything that you know, whether prematurely through misfortune or with time's grim eventuality, will inevitably mean nothing and will not serve you when it's time for your thread to be undone.

Nice try, you will try to bray, but your shitsty trollin' betrays, makes a lie of what you try to portray...
----
This dirge that I have begun
rambles and it's dreadfully long
for it's eternal and will be sung
from here to eternity, life long
by all the pain I see around me
those with avarice in their eyes
greedy to be happy, yet not free
The desolation in their voices
the dolorous sighs of hopes dying
as their aspirations crumble to the ground
Who would have wisdom, come gather around
while I tell that respite is six feet down
So steel yourself to the terror of the screams
for they're merely of slaughtered dreams
--'The Finale (stream)' (stanza 6)(coming soon!) ~~AshWurthing

Re: Into the Dustbin of History

<c90bb4e3f0e631219c3ed6e25eefabb2@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=247896&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#247896

From: will.dockery@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 05:18:40 +0000
 by: W.Dockery - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 05:18 UTC

George J. Dance wrote:

> On Wednesday, February 14, 2024 at 5:04:12 PM UTC-5, Robert Burrows wrote:
>> On Tuesday, February 13, 2024 at 3:40:15 PM UTC-5, George J. wrote:
>
>> > Into the Dustbin of History
>> >
>> > Today I spent two hours editing the monthly Top 20 and annual Top 100 charts on Penny's Poetry Blog, taking out the names of J.D. Senetto and the aliases of Corey Connor ("Hieronymous 707"), Robert Burrows ("Adam Lynn"), and Michael Monkey Peabrain ("Michael Pendragon"). Why do such a petty and vindictive thing, you ask? Well, it was petty and vindictive, but it wasn't my pettiness, or my vindictiveness, or even my idea.
>> >
>> > I removed their names from the charts because, 6 months ago, MMP ordered me to stop "using" their names on my blog. (All but Burrows, whom he apparently keeps forgetting; I added him on my own.) Otherwise, they would sue me.
>> >
>> > https://groups.google.com/g/alt.arts.poetry.comments/c/4zlqC2vJr0s/m/XsN7VWRTAAAJ
>> >
>> > Not that I'm worried about the Bandar-log and their ko0KoOTs, but I had to agree it was a good idea. All four had broken their word to me and stabbed me in the back, insisting that I remove poems they had submitted to me, and even lying about whether they had submitted them. The first three actually insisted I remove their poems from aapc's first literary journal, /April/ -- something that is unheard of. MMP was not guilty of that, but he did enable the other three, even falsely claiming that's how it's done in the "publishing industry" (it isn't).
>> >
>> > Why in the world would I want to promote any of them, or give them attention in any way? Good riddance, I say. Let them cosplay as poets on their own time, and their own dime. Into the dustbin of history with them.
>> >
>> > https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/
>> Thanks, George. I wouldn't want to be associated in any way with a publisher who thought that it was a good idea to publish the work of Will Dockery.

> R-i-i-gh-t; after year with your poetry in the same journal as Will, you don't "want" that anymore. Well, if you're worried about "Burrows" you can rest easy, as it was never there in the first place. However, if it's "Adam Lynn" you're worried about, understand that anyone who finds, say, an unsigned poem named "Orbits' and is curious can click the link and end up on this page:

> https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2011/04/orbits-adam-lynn.html

Well put.

Re: Into the Dustbin of History

<9beeee22da9bad37f5e079686d42f3df@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=247908&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#247908

From: tzod9964@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 05:41:56 +0000
 by: General-Zod - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 05:41 UTC

George J. Dance wrote:

> Into the Dustbin of History

> Today I spent two hours editing the monthly Top 20 and annual Top 100 charts on Penny's Poetry Blog, taking out the names of J.D. Senetto and the aliases of Corey Connor ("Hieronymous 707"), Robert Burrows ("Adam Lynn"), and Michael Monkey Peabrain ("Michael Pendragon"). Why do such a petty and vindictive thing, you ask? Well, it was petty and vindictive, but it wasn't my pettiness, or my vindictiveness, or even my idea.

> I removed their names from the charts because, 6 months ago, MMP ordered me to stop "using" their names on my blog. (All but Burrows, whom he apparently keeps forgetting; I added him on my own.) Otherwise, they would sue me.

> https://groups.google.com/g/alt.arts.poetry.comments/c/4zlqC2vJr0s/m/XsN7VWRTAAAJ

> Not that I'm worried about the Bandar-log and their ko0KoOTs, but I had to agree it was a good idea. All four had broken their word to me and stabbed me in the back, insisting that I remove poems they had submitted to me, and even lying about whether they had submitted them. The first three actually insisted I remove their poems from aapc's first literary journal, /April/ -- something that is unheard of. MMP was not guilty of that, but he did enable the other three, even falsely claiming that's how it's done in the "publishing industry" (it isn't).

> Why in the world would I want to promote any of them, or give them attention in any way? Good riddance, I say. Let them cosplay as poets on their own time, and their own dime. Into the dustbin of history with them.

> https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/

Again, well put....

Re: Into the Dustbin of History

<7c3affcf60fcb5c66fde8646c65ac3fe@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=248435&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#248435

From: tzod9964@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 21:34:19 +0000
 by: General-Zod - Thu, 14 Mar 2024 21:34 UTC

George J. Dance wrote:

> Into the Dustbin of History

> Today I spent two hours editing the monthly Top 20 and annual Top 100 charts on Penny's Poetry Blog, taking out the names of J.D. Senetto and the aliases of Corey Connor ("Hieronymous 707"), Robert Burrows ("Adam Lynn"), and Michael Monkey Peabrain ("Michael Pendragon"). Why do such a petty and vindictive thing, you ask? Well, it was petty and vindictive, but it wasn't my pettiness, or my vindictiveness, or even my idea.

> I removed their names from the charts because, 6 months ago, MMP ordered me to stop "using" their names on my blog. (All but Burrows, whom he apparently keeps forgetting; I added him on my own.) Otherwise, they would sue me.

> https://groups.google.com/g/alt.arts.poetry.comments/c/4zlqC2vJr0s/m/XsN7VWRTAAAJ

> Not that I'm worried about the Bandar-log and their ko0KoOTs, but I had to agree it was a good idea. All four had broken their word to me and stabbed me in the back, insisting that I remove poems they had submitted to me, and even lying about whether they had submitted them. The first three actually insisted I remove their poems from aapc's first literary journal, /April/ -- something that is unheard of. MMP was not guilty of that, but he did enable the other three, even falsely claiming that's how it's done in the "publishing industry" (it isn't).

> Why in the world would I want to promote any of them, or give them attention in any way? Good riddance, I say. Let them cosplay as poets on their own time, and their own dime. Into the dustbin of history with them.

> https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/

Good riddance to them all, I says...!

With a tear in their eye...

Re: Into the Dustbin of History

<143bea84f30b78ec55b99e63aa62199c@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=248804&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#248804

From: will.dockery@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 07:09:07 +0000
 by: W.Dockery - Sat, 30 Mar 2024 07:09 UTC

George J. Dance wrote:

> Into the Dustbin of History

> Today I spent two hours editing the monthly Top 20 and annual Top 100 charts on Penny's Poetry Blog, taking out the names of J.D. Senetto and the aliases of Corey Connor ("Hieronymous 707"), Robert Burrows ("Adam Lynn"), and Michael Monkey Peabrain ("Michael Pendragon"). Why do such a petty and vindictive thing, you ask? Well, it was petty and vindictive, but it wasn't my pettiness, or my vindictiveness, or even my idea.

> I removed their names from the charts because, 6 months ago, MMP ordered me to stop "using" their names on my blog. (All but Burrows, whom he apparently keeps forgetting; I added him on my own.) Otherwise, they would sue me.

> https://groups.google.com/g/alt.arts.poetry.comments/c/4zlqC2vJr0s/m/XsN7VWRTAAAJ

> Not that I'm worried about the Bandar-log and their ko0KoOTs, but I had to agree it was a good idea. All four had broken their word to me and stabbed me in the back, insisting that I remove poems they had submitted to me, and even lying about whether they had submitted them. The first three actually insisted I remove their poems from aapc's first literary journal, /April/ -- something that is unheard of. MMP was not guilty of that, but he did enable the other three, even falsely claiming that's how it's done in the "publishing industry" (it isn't).

> Why in the world would I want to promote any of them, or give them attention in any way? Good riddance, I say. Let them cosplay as poets on their own time, and their own dime. Into the dustbin of history with them.

> https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/

Lest we forget.

😃