Subject: Re: Some Hopkins
From: will.dockery@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (Will-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2024 12:00:53 +0000
 by: Will-Dockery - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 12:00 UTC

> T......[#]......M wrote:
> ......M"]MY own heart let me have more have pity on; let
> Me live to my sad self hereafter kind,
> Charitable; not live this tormented mind
> With this tormented mind tormenting yet.
> I cast for comfort I can no more get
> By groping round my comfortless, than blind
> Eyes in their dark can day or thirst can find
> Thirst 's all-in-all in all a world of wet.
>
> Soul, self; come, poor Jackself, I do advise
> You, jaded, let be; call off thoughts awhile
> Elsewhere; leave comfort root-room; let joy size
> At God knows when to God knows what; whose smile
> 's not wrung, see you; unforeseen times rather -- as skies
> Betweenpie mountains -- lights a lovely mile.
>

> Nice, hunh?
>
> --
> Tom Bishop - (coordinator) "Poets for Babies"
> http://PoetsForBabies.Here.Nu

From the archives, a selection of poetry by Hopkins.

This is a response to the post seen at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=657869240#657869240

Re: Some Gerard Manley Hopkins

<793a16001b5849046502b74e51b28b70@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=248963&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#248963

From: tzod9964@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Subject: Re: Some Gerard Manley Hopkins
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 18:27:22 +0000
 by: General-Zod - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 18:27 UTC

Will-Dockery wrote:

> > T......[#]......M wrote:
>
> > ......M"]MY own heart let me have more have pity on; let
> > Me live to my sad self hereafter kind,
> > Charitable; not live this tormented mind
> > With this tormented mind tormenting yet.
> > I cast for comfort I can no more get
> > By groping round my comfortless, than blind
> > Eyes in their dark can day or thirst can find
> > Thirst 's all-in-all in all a world of wet.
> >
> > Soul, self; come, poor Jackself, I do advise
> > You, jaded, let be; call off thoughts awhile
> > Elsewhere; leave comfort root-room; let joy size
> > At God knows when to God knows what; whose smile
> > 's not wrung, see you; unforeseen times rather -- as skies
> > Betweenpie mountains -- lights a lovely mile.
> >

> > Nice, hunh?
> >
> > --
> > Tom Bishop - (coordinator) "Poets for Babies"
> > http://PoetsForBabies.Here.Nu

> From the archives, a selection of poetry by Hopkins.

> This is a response to the post seen at:
> http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=657869240#657869240