Subject: Re: Bright In My Mind
From: will.dockery@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (Will-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 11:54:04 +0000
 by: Will-Dockery - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 11:54 UTC

> Tom Bishop wrote:
> When I was young and honey in the mouth
> of beauty, like a blush of April rain
> the world was greener. That pear tree would be
> for us a shelter from the heat, and we
> made peace with nature there. We found a place
> that never thought to lie, and only sleeps
> to dream of harvest in the arms of love.
>
> I am still young, though Autumn wearies onward
> to the snow. The mind of youth looks down
> at wrinkled seasons of a life, but I
> will keep that blush we shared under the tree,
> bright in my mind, the greenness that was you.
>

> --
> Tom Bishop - http://Poetry.Here.Nu
> The nice thing about bad poetry is that
> people forget it quickly.

Another good poem by Tom Bishop from the archives.

This is a response to the post seen at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=657787398#657787398

Re: Bright In My Mind

<cac544cf8ea920f38d061a132588bdd7@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=249173&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#249173

From: tzod9964@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2024 21:10:16 +0000
 by: General-Zod - Sun, 14 Apr 2024 21:10 UTC

Will-Dockery wrote:

> > Tom Bishop wrote:
>
> > When I was young and honey in the mouth
> > of beauty, like a blush of April rain
> > the world was greener. That pear tree would be
> > for us a shelter from the heat, and we
> > made peace with nature there. We found a place
> > that never thought to lie, and only sleeps
> > to dream of harvest in the arms of love.
> >
> > I am still young, though Autumn wearies onward
> > to the snow. The mind of youth looks down
> > at wrinkled seasons of a life, but I
> > will keep that blush we shared under the tree,
> > bright in my mind, the greenness that was you.
> >

> > --
> > Tom Bishop - http://Poetry.Here.Nu
> > The nice thing about bad poetry is that
> > people forget it quickly.

> Another good poem by Tom Bishop from the archives.

> This is a response to the post seen at:
> http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=657787398#657787398

Quite a good read