From: garym@mcgath.com (Gary McGath)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.fandom
Subject: Hugo Awards feed moving
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 10:53:47 -0400
 by: Gary McGath - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 14:53 UTC

The Hugo Awards feed on Xwitter is going away, as Xwitter support is and
always has been nonexistent. It's mentioned in this report:

https://www.wsfs.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/2023-Report-of-the-Mark-Protection-Committee-PDF.pdf

The HAMC will continue to cooperate with Worldcon
committees so that we can update the Hugo Awards
web site at the first opportunity after the awards
are announced as well as to use the @TheHugoAwards
BlueSky feed to publicize the announcements of the
winners in each category.

Due to changes at the company formerly known as
Twitter, we are discontinuing updating the
@TheHugoAwards Twitter and will redirect people to
the BlueSky account.

This is annoying for the large majority of people who don't have and
can't get Bluesky accounts, but there is a way to get the feed by RSS. I
was able to subscribe in my RSS reader with this URL:

https://bluestream.deno.dev/TheHugoAwards.bsky.social?input-handle=TheHugoAwards.bsky.social&submit-button=Generate+feed&exclude-mention=on&mention=exclud

There was no content in the feed when I added it, so I can't fully
confirm that it works.

--
Gary McGath http://www.mcgath.com