From: dalton@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: alt.music.independent, alt.music, rec.music.misc, alt.rock-n-roll, rec.music.celtic, rec.music.folk
Subject: Churchill Park Music Festival
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 19:04:10 -0230
 by: David Dalton - Wed, 27 Mar 2024 21:34 UTC

The Churchill Park Music Festival will be held on August 16 and 17
in Churchill Park near the university in St. John’s, Newfoundland.

The headliner on both nights is Shania Twain.
(Last year it was Alanis Morissette and was quite successful.)

The special guests on August 16 are Alan Doyle
(formerly of Great Big Sea) and Lindsay Ell.

The special guests on August 17 are Talk and more (probably
top-notch local artists) to be announced; I think the Saturday
show will start earlier and run longer than the Friday show.

For details see https://churchillparkmusicfestival.com/.
General ticket sales start April 4 but there is a pre-sale
for the Shania Twain fan club and for the festival’s
Insiders Club (see the web page) on April 2.

--
David Dalton dalton@nfld.com https://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
“And the cart is on a wheel; And the wheel is on a hill;

Re: Churchill Park Music Festival

<0001HW.2BC0E33C004D8EC070000B21138F@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=321&group=rec.music.folk#321

From: dalton@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: alt.music.independent, alt.music, rec.music.misc, alt.rock-n-roll, rec.music.celtic, rec.music.folk
Subject: Re: Churchill Park Music Festival
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2024 23:26:12 -0230
 by: David Dalton - Sat, 6 Apr 2024 01:56 UTC

On Mar 27, 2024, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.2BB4C85200435C1470000459438F@news.eternal-september.org>):

> The Churchill Park Music Festival will be held on August 16 and 17
> in Churchill Park near the university in St. John’s, Newfoundland.
>
> The headliner on both nights is Shania Twain.
> (Last year it was Alanis Morissette and was quite successful.)
>
> The special guests on August 16 are Alan Doyle
> (formerly of Great Big Sea) and Lindsay Ell.
>
> The special guests on August 17 are Talk and more (probably
> top-notch local artists) to be announced; I think the Saturday
> show will start earlier and run longer than the Friday show.
>
> For details see https://churchillparkmusicfestival.com/.
> General ticket sales start April 4 but there is a pre-sale
> for the Shania Twain fan club and for the festival’s
> Insiders Club (see the web page) on April 2.

A third night has been added, August 18, with opening
acts to be announced soon.

--
David Dalton dalton@nfld.com https://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
“Mary walks down to the water’s edge and there she hangs Her head to

Re: Churchill Park Music Festival

<0001HW.2BD8D89D00F1BABC70000C66138F@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=324&group=rec.music.folk#324

From: dalton@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: alt.music.independent, alt.music, rec.music.misc, alt.rock-n-roll, rec.music.celtic, rec.music.folk
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 03:35:17 -0230
 by: David Dalton - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 06:05 UTC

On Apr 5, 2024, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.2BC0E33C004D8EC070000B21138F@news.eternal-september.org>):

> On Mar 27, 2024, David Dalton wrote
> (in article<0001HW.2BB4C85200435C1470000459438F@news.eternal-september.org>):
>
> > The Churchill Park Music Festival will be held on August 16 and 17
> > in Churchill Park near the university in St. John’s, Newfoundland.
> >
> > The headliner on both nights is Shania Twain.
> > (Last year it was Alanis Morissette and was quite successful.)
> >
> > The special guests on August 16 are Alan Doyle
> > (formerly of Great Big Sea) and Lindsay Ell.
> >
> > The special guests on August 17 are Talk and more (probably
> > top-notch local artists) to be announced; I think the Saturday
> > show will start earlier and run longer than the Friday show.
> >
> > For details see https://churchillparkmusicfestival.com/.
> > General ticket sales start April 4 but there is a pre-sale
> > for the Shania Twain fan club and for the festival’s
> > Insiders Club (see the web page) on April 2.
>
> A third night has been added, August 18, with opening
> acts to be announced soon.

August 18 has sold out as well even though opening acts
have not yet been announced.

Evidently it will be on on the previous weekend as well,
and so far Nickelback, Arkells, and James Barker Band
are scheduled for Friday August 9.