The man who has never been flogged has never been taught. -- Menander

arts / rec.arts.sf.fandom / Re: Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The Daleks

SubjectAuthor
* Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The DaleksThe Doctor
`* Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The DaleksBlueshirt
 +* Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The DaleksTim Merrigan
 |+* Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The DaleksBlueshirt
 ||+* Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The Dalekssolar penguin
 |||`- Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The DaleksThe Doctor
 ||`- Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The DaleksThe Doctor
 |+- Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The DaleksThe Doctor
 |`* Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The DaleksThe Last Doctor
 | `* Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The DaleksThe Doctor
 |  +* Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The DaleksScott Dorsey
 |  |+* Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The DaleksThe Doctor
 |  ||`* Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The Dalekssolar penguin
 |  || `- Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The DaleksThe Doctor
 |  |+* Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The DaleksThe Last Doctor
 |  ||+* Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The DaleksJohn Hall
 |  |||+* Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The DaleksThe Last Doctor
 |  ||||+* Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The DaleksBlueshirt
 |  |||||`- Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The DaleksThe Doctor
 |  ||||`- Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The DaleksThe Doctor
 |  |||`- Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The DaleksThe Doctor
 |  ||+- Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The DaleksThe Doctor
 |  ||`* Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The DaleksDaniel65
 |  || `- Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The DaleksThe Doctor
 |  |`* Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The DaleksJohn Hall
 |  | `- Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The DaleksThe Doctor
 |  `* Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The DaleksTim Merrigan
 |   `- Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The DaleksThe Doctor
 `* Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The DaleksHornplayer9599
  `* Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The DaleksThe Doctor
   `* Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The DaleksBlueshirt
    `- Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The DaleksThe Doctor

Pages:12
Re: Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The Daleks

<uj654s$1odq$4@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3431&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3431

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.sf.fandom
Subject: Re: Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The Daleks
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 22:29:48 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 22:29 UTC

In article <bIu3P5BjwlVlFwUc@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>,
John Hall <john@jhall.co.uk> wrote:

>>You really didn’t know this name
>>Or all the pages whence he came?
>>
>>This children’s star in yellow check
>>With scarlet jumper, scarf round neck
>>
>>The Daily Express’ cartoon bear
>>Whose tales were told four panels square
>>
>>‘Twas very twee but even worse
>>Each panel’s scene was tagged in verse.
>>
>>Yet underneath, as if in shame
>>Each story was retold again!
>>
>>In much more detail, and in prose
>>To narrate how the story goes.
>
>Bravo for the parody, though I think you were rather harsh. It may have
>seemed twee to adults, but to millions of six-year-olds (and I was once
>one of them) it was great stuff. Almost 70 years later, I still have
>fond memories of the annuals.

Donate a bear for Christmas?

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The Daleks

<uj656e$1odq$5@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3432&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3432

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.sf.fandom
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 22:30:38 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 22:30 UTC

In article <uj5re7$2dch1$1@dont-email.me>,
The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote:

>>> You really didn’t know this name
>>> Or all the pages whence he came?
>>>
>>> This children’s star in yellow check
>>> With scarlet jumper, scarf round neck
>>>
>>> The Daily Express’ cartoon bear
>>> Whose tales were told four panels square
>>>
>>> ‘Twas very twee but even worse
>>> Each panel’s scene was tagged in verse.
>>>
>>> Yet underneath, as if in shame
>>> Each story was retold again!
>>>
>>> In much more detail, and in prose
>>> To narrate how the story goes.
>>
>> Bravo for the parody, though I think you were rather harsh. It may have
>> seemed twee to adults, but to millions of six-year-olds (and I was once
>> one of them) it was great stuff. Almost 70 years later, I still have
>> fond memories of the annuals.
>
>Memories - I still have 6 of the annuals (including one with “magic
>painting”, watercolour bound into the paper of the pages so it coloured up
>perfectly when wiped with a wet paintbrush). But even as a child I only
>wanted to read the prose version of the stories. The doggerel was terrible
>to me.

Nice memories of childhood to you.

>--
>"I'm not going to unwrite my good friend Chris Chibnall's work on 'The
>Timeless Children'. I'm not going to deny what he wrote. I'm going with it.
>It's absolutely fine." — Russell T. Davies

#savedoctorwho #retconthetimelesschild #thetimelesschildisantidoctorwho .
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The Daleks

<uj6576$1odq$6@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3433&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3433

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.sf.fandom
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 22:31:02 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 22:31 UTC

In article <nnd$045c5c42$07109043@f755d6d2634f4679>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>The Doctor wrote:
>
>> In article <n1c5N.87115$QCp6.86863@fx11.ams4>,
>> Hornplayer9599 <Hornplayer9599@aol.com> wrote:

>> > Yes....looks as if this was how it looked if it was broadcast in
>> > color. Now, I would say that stills are one thing...now I want to see
>> > the video.
>>
>> All 175 minutes.
>
>Dave, there is no 175 minutes colour version... so you can't see it. It's
>a 75 minute edit, colourised. Nobody is making you watch it.
>
>You can of course see the original seven episode version of "The Daleks"
>in b/w. That is 175 minutes long. But if you haven't seen that version of
>"The Daleks" by now (and it's nearly 60 years old), then just what have
>you been doing with your time in fandom?
>
>They are not colourising episodes for you. But some of us are actually
>interested in how this project turned out.
>
>Watch, don't watch, it's your choice.

Clue it is either all or nothing.
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The Daleks

<uj657o$1odq$7@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3434&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3434

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.sf.fandom
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 22:31:20 -0000 (UTC)

In article <nnd$392f0a86$70e2acec@3126b6e8d0e102f5>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>The Last Doctor wrote:

>> > Bravo for the parody, though I think you were rather harsh. It may
>> > have seemed twee to adults, but to millions of six-year-olds (and I
>> > was once one of them) it was great stuff. Almost 70 years later, I
>> > still have fond memories of the annuals.
>>
>> Memories - I still have 6 of the annuals (including one with “magic
>> painting”, watercolour bound into the paper of the pages so it coloured
>> up perfectly when wiped with a wet paintbrush). But even as a child I
>> only wanted to read the prose version of the stories. The doggerel was
>> terrible to me.
>
>We did have the 7" single of "We All Stand Together" by Paul McCartney in
>our house... is that acceptable enough to get me in to the Rupert the Bear
>Usenet Fan Club? (aka Rupert UFC)
>
>Bom, bom bom ... Bom, bom bom ...

LOL!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The Daleks

<uj658c$1odq$8@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3435&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3435

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.sf.fandom
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 22:31:40 -0000 (UTC)

In article <am0dli13hn0snepme4dbqtbrcpnsd6ulo3@4ax.com>,
Tim Merrigan <tppm@ca.rr.com> wrote:
>On Thu, 16 Nov 2023 12:21:20 -0000 (UTC), doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca
>(The Doctor) wrote:
>
>>In article <uj49ms$251te$1@dont-email.me>,
>>The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote:

>>>https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi/doctor-who-daleks-colourisation-first-look-newsupdate/

>>>If I recall from the recon of Marco Polo which had many colour pics, the
>>>Doctor’s trousers were a pale grey and dark grey check.
>>>
>>>Rupert Bear’s were yellow …
>>>

>>Rupert Bear's?
>
>I doubt I was thinking of Rupert Bear, as, until now, I'd never heard
>of, much less seen, him.
>
>And, based on the links posted here, he doesn't resemble William
>Hartnell even a little.

Ah!

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The Daleks

<uj78i7$2nqs0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3437&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3437

From: daniel47@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.sf.fandom
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 19:34:14 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Fri, 17 Nov 2023 08:34 UTC

The Last Doctor wrote on 17/11/23 12:57 am:

<Snip>

> You really didn’t know this name
> Or all the pages whence he came?
>
> This children’s star in yellow check
> With scarlet jumper, scarf round neck
>
> The Daily Express’ cartoon bear
> Whose tales were told four panels square
>
> ‘Twas very twee but even worse
> Each panel’s scene was tagged in verse.
>
> Yet underneath, as if in shame
> Each story was retold again!
>
> In much more detail, and in prose
> To narrate how the story goes.

Look!!The Last Doctor's a Poet
And he didn't even know it. ;-P
--
Daniel

Re: Doctor Who reveals first look at new colourisation of The Daleks

<uj83jd$e6n$1@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3440&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3440

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.sf.fandom
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 16:15:41 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Fri, 17 Nov 2023 16:15 UTC

In article <uj78i7$2nqs0$1@dont-email.me>,
Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>The Last Doctor wrote on 17/11/23 12:57 am:
>
><Snip>
>
>> You really didn’t know this name
>> Or all the pages whence he came?
>>
>> This children’s star in yellow check
>> With scarlet jumper, scarf round neck
>>
>> The Daily Express’ cartoon bear
>> Whose tales were told four panels square
>>
>> ‘Twas very twee but even worse
>> Each panel’s scene was tagged in verse.
>>
>> Yet underneath, as if in shame
>> Each story was retold again!