Every why hath a wherefore. -- William Shakespeare, "A Comedy of Errors"

arts / rec.arts.sf.fandom / Re: Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition After Disney Deal (& It's Great)

SubjectAuthor
* Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition After Disney Deal (& It's The Doctor
+* Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition After Disney Deal (& It's Tim Merrigan
|+* Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition After Disney Deal (& It's Your Name
||+- Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition After Disney Deal (& It's The Doctor
||`* Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition After Disney Deal (& It's Ubiquitous
|| `- Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition After Disney Deal (& It's The Doctor
|`- Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition After Disney Deal (& It's The Doctor
+* Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition After Disney Deal (& It's BTR1701
|+- Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition After Disney Deal (& It's The Doctor
|+* Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Traditionanim8rfsk
||+* Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition After Disney Deal (& It's BTR1701
|||`- Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition After Disney Deal (& It's The Doctor
||`- Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year TraditionThe Doctor
|`* Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition After Disney Deal (& It's Ubiquitous
| `- Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition After Disney Deal (& It's The Doctor
`* Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition After Disney Deal (& It's Ubiquitous
 +* Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Traditionanim8rfsk
 |+* Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year TraditionUbiquitous
 ||`- Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year TraditionThe Doctor
 |`- Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year TraditionThe Doctor
 `- Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition After Disney Deal (& It's The Doctor

1
Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition After Disney Deal (& It's Great)

<uk2cak$hf$3@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3628&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3628

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom,can.arts.sf
Subject: Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition After Disney Deal (& It's Great)
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 15:24:04 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Mon, 27 Nov 2023 15:24 UTC

https://screenrant.com/doctor-who-disney-deal-budget-effects-tradition-change/
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition After Disney Deal (& It's Great)

<a20ami5365j2rkt1e45404mlojot4vgglb@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3635&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3635

From: tppm@ca.rr.com (Tim Merrigan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom,can.arts.sf
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 13:05:07 -0800
 by: Tim Merrigan - Mon, 27 Nov 2023 21:05 UTC

On Mon, 27 Nov 2023 15:24:04 -0000 (UTC), doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca
(The Doctor) wrote:

>https://screenrant.com/doctor-who-disney-deal-budget-effects-tradition-change/

"Despite its popularity, Doctor Who hasn't always been easy to access
outside the UK. When the show was available in the US, it bounced from
streaming platform to streaming platform, never quite settling in one
place."

Until now I've never watched it on a streaming platform. In the
Pertwee and Tom Baker eras I watched it on PBS, and since the reboot
I've watched it on the SiFi channel and BBC America, both basic cable
channels (not requiring a separate subscription after getting cable).
--

Qualified immunity = virtual impunity.

Tim Merrigan

www.avg.com

Re: Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition After Disney Deal (& It's Great)

<uk331g$3ub3m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3636&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3636

From: YourName@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,can.arts.sf,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 10:51:45 +1300
 by: Your Name - Mon, 27 Nov 2023 21:51 UTC

On 2023-11-27 21:05:07 +0000, Tim Merrigan said:
> On Mon, 27 Nov 2023 15:24:04 -0000 (UTC), doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca
> (The Doctor) wrote:
>>
>> https://screenrant.com/doctor-who-disney-deal-budget-effects-tradition-change/
>
> "Despite its popularity, Doctor Who hasn't always been easy to access
> outside the UK. When the show was available in the US, it bounced from
> streaming platform to streaming platform, never quite settling in one
> place."
>
> Until now I've never watched it on a streaming platform. In the
> Pertwee and Tom Baker eras I watched it on PBS, and since the reboot
> I've watched it on the SiFi channel and BBC America, both basic cable
> channels (not requiring a separate subscription after getting cable).

That is of course a US-biased article.

Doctor Who has been quite easy to access in some places. In New Zealand
it has always aired on free-to-air TV channels and recently on the
network's free streaming service (plus Sky replaying some of the
original episodes).

The changeover to only being available on Disney+ here means there is
going to be fewer viewers, and probably more people resorting to
naughty web options ... or even waiting for potential DVD releases
(assuming Disney doesn't axe those as well).

Re: Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition After Disney Deal (& It's Great)

<uk3bgv$30m2$1@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3638&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3638

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom,can.arts.sf
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 00:16:31 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 00:16 UTC

In article <a20ami5365j2rkt1e45404mlojot4vgglb@4ax.com>,
Tim Merrigan <tppm@ca.rr.com> wrote:
>On Mon, 27 Nov 2023 15:24:04 -0000 (UTC), doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca
>(The Doctor) wrote:
>
>>https://screenrant.com/doctor-who-disney-deal-budget-effects-tradition-change/
>

>"Despite its popularity, Doctor Who hasn't always been easy to access
>outside the UK. When the show was available in the US, it bounced from
>streaming platform to streaming platform, never quite settling in one
>place."
>
>Until now I've never watched it on a streaming platform. In the
>Pertwee and Tom Baker eras I watched it on PBS, and since the reboot
>I've watched it on the SiFi channel and BBC America, both basic cable
>channels (not requiring a separate subscription after getting cable).

And you wonder why outside the UK why DW fans are not happy.

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition After Disney Deal (& It's Great)

<uk3bk5$30m2$5@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3639&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3639

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,can.arts.sf,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 00:18:13 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 00:18 UTC

In article <uk331g$3ub3m$1@dont-email.me>,
Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:
>On 2023-11-27 21:05:07 +0000, Tim Merrigan said:
>> On Mon, 27 Nov 2023 15:24:04 -0000 (UTC), doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca
>> (The Doctor) wrote:
>>>

>https://screenrant.com/doctor-who-disney-deal-budget-effects-tradition-change/
>>
>> "Despite its popularity, Doctor Who hasn't always been easy to access
>> outside the UK. When the show was available in the US, it bounced from
>> streaming platform to streaming platform, never quite settling in one
>> place."
>>
>> Until now I've never watched it on a streaming platform. In the
>> Pertwee and Tom Baker eras I watched it on PBS, and since the reboot
>> I've watched it on the SiFi channel and BBC America, both basic cable
>> channels (not requiring a separate subscription after getting cable).
>
>That is of course a US-biased article.
>
>Doctor Who has been quite easy to access in some places. In New Zealand
>it has always aired on free-to-air TV channels and recently on the
>network's free streaming service (plus Sky replaying some of the
>original episodes).
>
>The changeover to only being available on Disney+ here means there is
>going to be fewer viewers, and probably more people resorting to
>naughty web options ... or even waiting for potential DVD releases
>(assuming Disney doesn't axe those as well).

Exactly correct!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition After Disney Deal (& It's Great)

<atropos-21C794.17141827112023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3641&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3641

From: atropos@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 17:14:18 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 01:14 UTC

In article <uk2cak$hf$3@gallifrey.nk.ca>,
doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:

> https://screenrant.com/doctor-who-disney-deal-budget-effects-tradition-change/

So this 'tradition' they refer to in the headline is basically a
shoestring budget and now by breaking that tradition, they're going to
actually have enough money to make the show properly?

Re: Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition After Disney Deal (& It's Great)

<uk3fpl$58f$1@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3642&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3642

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 01:29:25 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 01:29 UTC

In article <atropos-21C794.17141827112023@news.giganews.com>,
BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>In article <uk2cak$hf$3@gallifrey.nk.ca>,
> doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
>
>> https://screenrant.com/doctor-who-disney-deal-budget-effects-tradition-change/
>
>So this 'tradition' they refer to in the headline is basically a
>shoestring budget and now by breaking that tradition, they're going to
>actually have enough money to make the show properly?

I have my doubts.
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition After Disney Deal (& It's Great)

<1063887285.722831124.867261.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3643&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3643

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom
Subject: Re: Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition
After Disney Deal (& It's Great)
From: anim8rfsk@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 19:30:41 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 02:30 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> In article <uk2cak$hf$3@gallifrey.nk.ca>,
> doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
>
>> https://screenrant.com/doctor-who-disney-deal-budget-effects-tradition-change/
>
> So this 'tradition' they refer to in the headline is basically a
> shoestring budget and now by breaking that tradition, they're going to
> actually have enough money to make the show properly?

Except this was the worst episode I’ve ever seen, and the meep didn’t look
any better than Alf.

Re: Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition After Disney Deal (& It's Great)

<atropos-444AB4.20052827112023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3644&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3644

From: atropos@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 20:05:28 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 04:05 UTC

In article
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> > In article <uk2cak$hf$3@gallifrey.nk.ca>,
> > doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
> >
> >> https://screenrant.com/doctor-who-disney-deal-budget-effects-tradition-chan
> >> ge/
> >
> > So this 'tradition' they refer to in the headline is basically a
> > shoestring budget and now by breaking that tradition, they're going to
> > actually have enough money to make the show properly?
> >
> Except this was the worst episode I've ever seen, and the meep didn't look
> any better than Alf.

Thanks for not misgendering it. Means a lot.

Re: Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition After Disney Deal (& It's Great)

<uk44v7$1340$1@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3646&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3646

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom
After Disney Deal (& It's Great)
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 07:30:47 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 07:30 UTC

In article <1063887285.722831124.867261.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>> In article <uk2cak$hf$3@gallifrey.nk.ca>,
>> doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
>>

>https://screenrant.com/doctor-who-disney-deal-budget-effects-tradition-change/
>>
>> So this 'tradition' they refer to in the headline is basically a
>> shoestring budget and now by breaking that tradition, they're going to
>> actually have enough money to make the show properly?
>>

>Except this was the worst episode I’ve ever seen, and the meep didn’t look
>any better than Alf.

Ever saw the Meep in the comics?

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition After Disney Deal (& It's Great)

<uk4533$1340$2@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3647&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3647

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 07:32:51 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 07:32 UTC

In article <atropos-444AB4.20052827112023@news.giganews.com>,
BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>In article
><1063887285.722831124.867261.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>> > So this 'tradition' they refer to in the headline is basically a
>> > shoestring budget and now by breaking that tradition, they're going to
>> > actually have enough money to make the show properly?
>> >
>> Except this was the worst episode I've ever seen, and the meep didn't look
>> any better than Alf.
>
>Thanks for not misgendering it. Means a lot.

Oh ! the joys.
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition After Disney Deal (& It's Great)

<uk7cck$ratg$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3678&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3678

From: weberm@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom,can.arts.sf
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 04:30:45 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 29 Nov 2023 09:30 UTC

In article <uk2cak$hf$3@gallifrey.nk.ca>, doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca wrote:

> https://screenrant.com/doctor-who-disney-deal-budget-effects-tradition-change/

I only saw clips, but it dikdn't look much different from what I remember watching.

Why didn't they use that bigger FX budget to make Rose/James look like a woman?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition After Disney Deal (& It's Great)

<uk7cue$ratg$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3679&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3679

From: weberm@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,can.arts.sf,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 04:30:46 -0500

blueshirt@indigo.news wrote:

>Don't hold your breath on DVD's... Disney will want to maximise their
>streaming exclusivity before that happens. In time I do think you'll see
>some sort of physical release though. Doctor Who fans like to collect things.

Speaking of which, how coincidental was it that Rose James Noble's playhouse
was filled with Doctor Who plushies?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition After Disney Deal (& It's Great)

<863244529.722956320.775424.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3680&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3680

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom,can.arts.sf
After Disney Deal (& It's Great)
From: anim8rfsk@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 06:19:47 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 29 Nov 2023 13:19 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> In article <uk2cak$hf$3@gallifrey.nk.ca>, doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca wrote:
>
>> https://screenrant.com/doctor-who-disney-deal-budget-effects-tradition-change/
>
> I only saw clips, but it dikdn't look much different from what I remember watching.
>
> Why didn't they use that bigger FX budget to make Rose/James look like a woman?

Or make it seem like Catherine Tate can act?

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition After Disney Deal (& It's Great)

<uk7evt$rs69$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3686&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3686

From: weberm@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom,can.arts.sf
After Disney Deal (& It's Great)
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 08:40:12 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 29 Nov 2023 13:40 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> In article <uk2cak$hf$3@gallifrey.nk.ca>, doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca wrote:

>> I only saw clips, but it dikdn't look much different from what I remember
>> watching.
>>
>> Why didn't they use that bigger FX budget to make Rose/James look like a
>> woman?
>
> Or make it seem like Catherine Tate can act?

There is only so much one can do!

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition After Disney Deal (& It's Great)

<uk7ke7$4f2$8@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3699&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3699

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom,can.arts.sf
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 15:13:11 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Wed, 29 Nov 2023 15:13 UTC

In article <uk7cck$ratg$3@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>In article <uk2cak$hf$3@gallifrey.nk.ca>, doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca wrote:
>
>> https://screenrant.com/doctor-who-disney-deal-budget-effects-tradition-change/
>
>I only saw clips, but it dikdn't look much different from what I
>remember watching.
>
>Why didn't they use that bigger FX budget to make Rose/James look like a woman?

What about the TARDIS set?

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition After Disney Deal (& It's Great)

<uk7kf0$4f2$9@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3700&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3700

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,can.arts.sf,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 15:13:36 -0000 (UTC)

In article <uk7cue$ratg$4@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>blueshirt@indigo.news wrote:
>
>>Don't hold your breath on DVD's... Disney will want to maximise their
>>streaming exclusivity before that happens. In time I do think you'll see
>>some sort of physical release though. Doctor Who fans like to collect things.
>
>Speaking of which, how coincidental was it that Rose James Noble's playhouse
>was filled with Doctor Who plushies?

Where is the article?

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition After Disney Deal (& It's Great)

<uk7kfn$4f2$10@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3701&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3701

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom,can.arts.sf
After Disney Deal (& It's Great)
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 15:13:59 -0000 (UTC)

In article <863244529.722956320.775424.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> In article <uk2cak$hf$3@gallifrey.nk.ca>, doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca wrote:
>>

>https://screenrant.com/doctor-who-disney-deal-budget-effects-tradition-change/
>>
>> I only saw clips, but it dikdn't look much different from what I
>remember watching.
>>
>> Why didn't they use that bigger FX budget to make Rose/James look like
>a woman?
>>

>Or make it seem like Catherine Tate can act?

Ever saw the Catherine Tate show?

>> --
>> Let's go Brandon!
>>

>--
>The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it is still on my list.

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition After Disney Deal (& It's Great)

<uk7kj6$4f2$15@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3704&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3704

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom,can.arts.sf
After Disney Deal (& It's Great)
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 15:15:50 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Wed, 29 Nov 2023 15:15 UTC

In article <uk7evt$rs69$1@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>> In article <uk2cak$hf$3@gallifrey.nk.ca>, doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca wrote:
>
>>> I only saw clips, but it dikdn't look much different from what I remember
>>> watching.
>>>
>>> Why didn't they use that bigger FX budget to make Rose/James look like a
>>> woman?
>>
>> Or make it seem like Catherine Tate can act?
>
>There is only so much one can do!

And then there is the Catherine Tate show!

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition After Disney Deal (& It's Great)

<ukeqf8$29rit$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3790&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3790

From: weberm@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2023 03:39:03 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Sat, 2 Dec 2023 08:39 UTC

atropos@mac.com wrote:

>So this 'tradition' they refer to in the headline is basically a
>shoestring budget and now by breaking that tradition, they're going to
>actually have enough money to make the show properly?

They really Don't Get It, do they?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Doctor Who Confirms Major Change To 60-Year Tradition After Disney Deal (& It's Great)

<ukfeon$q4q$3@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3794&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3794

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2023 14:25:27 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sat, 2 Dec 2023 14:25 UTC

In article <ukeqf8$29rit$4@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>atropos@mac.com wrote:
>
>>So this 'tradition' they refer to in the headline is basically a
>>shoestring budget and now by breaking that tradition, they're going to
>>actually have enough money to make the show properly?
>
>They really Don't Get It, do they?

The Blue TARDIS console room.

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca