Do your part to help preserve life on Earth -- by trying to preserve your own.

arts / rec.arts.sf.fandom / Re: Star Beast vs Wild Blue Yonder

SubjectAuthor
* Star Beast vs Wild Blue YonderThe Doctor
+* Star Beast vs Wild Blue Yonderanim8rfsk
|`* Star Beast vs Wild Blue YonderThe Doctor
| `* Star Beast vs Wild Blue YonderThe Last Doctor
|  +- Star Beast vs Wild Blue YonderThe Doctor
|  `* Star Beast vs Wild Blue YonderThe True Doctor
|   +- Star Beast vs Wild Blue YonderThe Doctor
|   `* Star Beast vs Wild Blue YonderUbiquitous
|    `- Star Beast vs Wild Blue YonderThe Doctor
`* Star Beast vs Wild Blue YonderThe True Doctor
 `- Star Beast vs Wild Blue YonderThe Doctor

1
Star Beast vs Wild Blue Yonder

<uknder$252a$1@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3871&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3871

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom,rec.arts.tv,can.arts.sf
Subject: Star Beast vs Wild Blue Yonder
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2023 14:52:12 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Tue, 5 Dec 2023 14:52 UTC

Someone help me out!

Star Beast had more action then intrigue.

WBY loks more Midnightish than interesting.

How come Star Beast ranges a 7 on IMDB yet WBY ranges an 8 ?

Am I missing something?
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Star Beast vs Wild Blue Yonder

<1652039105.723484367.305585.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3875&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3875

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom,can.arts.sf
Subject: Re: Star Beast vs Wild Blue Yonder
From: anim8rfsk@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2023 08:54:07 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 5 Dec 2023 15:54 UTC

The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
> Someone help me out!
>
> Star Beast had more action then intrigue.
>
> WBY loks more Midnightish than interesting.
>
> How come Star Beast ranges a 7 on IMDB yet WBY ranges an 8 ?
>
> Am I missing something?

Yes. Each of them is rated nine points too high!

Re: Star Beast vs Wild Blue Yonder

<uknmcr$8i$1@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3876&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3876

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom,can.arts.sf
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2023 17:24:43 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Tue, 5 Dec 2023 17:24 UTC

In article <1652039105.723484367.305585.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
>> Someone help me out!
>>
>> Star Beast had more action then intrigue.
>>
>> WBY loks more Midnightish than interesting.
>>
>> How come Star Beast ranges a 7 on IMDB yet WBY ranges an 8 ?
>>
>> Am I missing something?
>
>Yes. Each of them is rated nine points too high!

IYIO.

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Star Beast vs Wild Blue Yonder

<uknpf9$8l18$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3880&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3880

From: mike@xenocyte.com (The Last Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.tv,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom,can.arts.sf
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2023 18:17:13 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:OctF4wEVqjo0xAG0PUta4QdCb1U=
 by: The Last Doctor - Tue, 5 Dec 2023 18:17 UTC

The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
> In article <1652039105.723484367.305585.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
>>> Someone help me out!
>>>
>>> Star Beast had more action then intrigue.
>>>
>>> WBY loks more Midnightish than interesting.
>>>
>>> How come Star Beast ranges a 7 on IMDB yet WBY ranges an 8 ?
>>>
>>> Am I missing something?
>>
>> Yes. Each of them is rated nine points too high!
>
> IYIO.

The Star Beast was familiar RTD territory - other than the need to resolve
the Doctor-Donna problem, it was an absolutely typical RTD fluff special
episode. Fun but not deep. It just won bonus points by comparison with most
of the past few years.

Wild Blue Yonder was /different/. Not brilliant and not given enough plot
to fill its hour - but it was science fiction. When was tha last time
Doctor Who had an episode built around a single, genuinely SF concept?
Aggie should have been applauding from the sidelines, but sadly his
fascistic obsession with race and colour over a marginal cameo led him off
into an insane rant of “woke degeneracy”.

Personally I didn’t think Wild Blue Yonder was better entertainment overall
than The Star Beast, but that final delightful swan song for Bernard
Cribbins was pure gold and worth 2 points on its own.

So 9/10 for me twice in a row. I don’t expect brilliance from Doctor Who so
I’m happy for it to be fun and coherent - factors that were somewhat
lacking in the Whittaker era.

Capaldi’s run managed it in Series 10 but 8 and 9 largely lacked coherence.
Almost nothing in the modern show, of course, has been as incoherent or
joyless as Sylvester McCoy’s TV tenure.

Now I’m off to listen to “Audacity” so that I’m ready for the 8th Doctor’s
new Christmas audio box set “In the Bleak Midwinter” which was released
today.

--
“The timelines and … canon … are rupturing” - the Doctor

Re: Star Beast vs Wild Blue Yonder

<uko8hl$1f4l$2@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3882&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3882

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.tv,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom,can.arts.sf
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2023 22:34:29 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Tue, 5 Dec 2023 22:34 UTC

In article <uknpf9$8l18$1@dont-email.me>,
The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
>> In article <1652039105.723484367.305585.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>> Yes. Each of them is rated nine points too high!
>>
>> IYIO.
>
>The Star Beast was familiar RTD territory - other than the need to resolve
>the Doctor-Donna problem, it was an absolutely typical RTD fluff special
>episode. Fun but not deep. It just won bonus points by comparison with most
>of the past few years.
>
>Wild Blue Yonder was /different/. Not brilliant and not given enough plot
>to fill its hour - but it was science fiction. When was tha last time
>Doctor Who had an episode built around a single, genuinely SF concept?
>Aggie should have been applauding from the sidelines, but sadly his
>fascistic obsession with race and colour over a marginal cameo led him off
>into an insane rant of “woke degeneracy”.
>
>Personally I didn’t think Wild Blue Yonder was better entertainment overall
>than The Star Beast, but that final delightful swan song for Bernard
>Cribbins was pure gold and worth 2 points on its own.
>
>So 9/10 for me twice in a row. I don’t expect brilliance from Doctor Who so
>I’m happy for it to be fun and coherent - factors that were somewhat
>lacking in the Whittaker era.
>
>Capaldi’s run managed it in Series 10 but 8 and 9 largely lacked coherence.
>Almost nothing in the modern show, of course, has been as incoherent or
>joyless as Sylvester McCoy’s TV tenure.
>
>Now I’m off to listen to “Audacity” so that I’m ready for the
>8th Doctor’s
>new Christmas audio box set “In the Bleak Midwinter” which was released
>today.

9/10 both?

>--
>“The timelines and … canon … are rupturing” - the Doctor

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Star Beast vs Wild Blue Yonder

<uko8tj$duec$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3884&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3884

From: agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom,rec.arts.tv,can.arts.sf
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2023 22:40:49 +0000
 by: The True Doctor - Tue, 5 Dec 2023 22:40 UTC

On 05/12/2023 14:52, The Doctor wrote:
> Someone help me out!
>
> Star Beast had more action then intrigue.
>
> WBY loks more Midnightish than interesting.
>
> How come Star Beast ranges a 7 on IMDB yet WBY ranges an 8 ?

Because the scores have been rigged.

> Am I missing something?

On Rotten Tomatoes the specials have only got 42% from the audience.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

Re: Star Beast vs Wild Blue Yonder

<uko91n$1mlj$1@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3885&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3885

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom,rec.arts.tv,can.arts.sf
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2023 22:43:03 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Tue, 5 Dec 2023 22:43 UTC

In article <uko8tj$duec$3@dont-email.me>,
The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
>On 05/12/2023 14:52, The Doctor wrote:
>> Someone help me out!
>>
>> Star Beast had more action then intrigue.
>>
>> WBY loks more Midnightish than interesting.
>>
>> How come Star Beast ranges a 7 on IMDB yet WBY ranges an 8 ?
>>

>Because the scores have been rigged.

By the audience?

>> Am I missing something?
>
>On Rotten Tomatoes the specials have only got 42% from the audience.

How can I vote on there?

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Star Beast vs Wild Blue Yonder

<uko9rf$e3cd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3886&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3886

From: agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.tv,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom,can.arts.sf
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2023 22:56:46 +0000
 by: The True Doctor - Tue, 5 Dec 2023 22:56 UTC

On 05/12/2023 18:17, Squealer wrote:
> The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
>> In article <1652039105.723484367.305585.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>> Yes. Each of them is rated nine points too high!
>>
>> IYIO.
>
> The Star Beast was familiar RTD territory - other than the need to resolve
> the Doctor-Donna problem, it was an absolutely typical RTD fluff special
> episode. Fun but not deep. It just won bonus points by comparison with most
> of the past few years.
>
> Wild Blue Yonder was /different/. Not brilliant and not given enough plot
> to fill its hour - but it was science fiction. When was tha last time
> Doctor Who had an episode built around a single, genuinely SF concept?
> Aggie should have been applauding from the sidelines, but sadly his
> fascistic obsession with race and colour over a marginal cameo led him off
> into an insane rant of “woke degeneracy”.

So claims Squealer the epitome of the Nazi chief propagandist Joseph
Goebbels.

You and the fascistic Nazi woke far-left are the ones obsessed with race.

Isaac Newton was not an Indian nor did he have any Indian ancestry.

You and others that believe your degenerate woke lies are complete
retards like the people who believed in the visibility of the Emperor's
New Clothes.

Don't insult my or anyone else's intelligence by taunting me to believe
the woke lie that Isaac Newton was of Indian decent.

> Personally I didn’t think Wild Blue Yonder was better entertainment overall
> than The Star Beast, but that final delightful swan song for Bernard
> Cribbins was pure gold and worth 2 points on its own.
>
> So 9/10 for me twice in a row. I don’t expect brilliance from Doctor Who so
> I’m happy for it to be fun and coherent - factors that were somewhat
> lacking in the Whittaker era.
>
> Capaldi’s run managed it in Series 10 but 8 and 9 largely lacked coherence.

You must be joking. Capaldi's ratings went down toilet from Series 9
onwards because of the hypocritical woke degeneracy they were filled with.

> Almost nothing in the modern show, of course, has been as incoherent or
> joyless as Sylvester McCoy’s TV tenure.

That is an insult. Jodie Whittaker's entire run was worse than anything
in the Sylvester McCoy era due to her non-existent acting ability and
complete miscasting.

> Now I’m off to listen to “Audacity” so that I’m ready for the 8th Doctor’s
> new Christmas audio box set “In the Bleak Midwinter” which was released
> today.

In the Bleak Midwinter is where Doctor Who is now. It died on Christmas
Day 2017. The Timeless Child monster has destroyed everything. Whittaker
could be endured. The Timeless Child monster can't. The Doctor is not
Doomsday from DC Comics.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

Re: Star Beast vs Wild Blue Yonder

<ukp3gl$1aoo$1@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3887&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3887

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.tv,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom,can.arts.sf
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2023 06:14:45 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Wed, 6 Dec 2023 06:14 UTC

In article <uko9rf$e3cd$1@dont-email.me>,
The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
>On 05/12/2023 18:17, Squealer wrote:
>> The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:

>>> IYIO.
>>
>> The Star Beast was familiar RTD territory - other than the need to resolve
>> the Doctor-Donna problem, it was an absolutely typical RTD fluff special
>> episode. Fun but not deep. It just won bonus points by comparison with most
>> of the past few years.
>>
>> Wild Blue Yonder was /different/. Not brilliant and not given enough plot
>> to fill its hour - but it was science fiction. When was tha last time
>> Doctor Who had an episode built around a single, genuinely SF concept?
>> Aggie should have been applauding from the sidelines, but sadly his
>> fascistic obsession with race and colour over a marginal cameo led him off
>> into an insane rant of “woke degeneracy”.
>
>So claims Squealer the epitome of the Nazi chief propagandist Joseph
>Goebbels.
>
>You and the fascistic Nazi woke far-left are the ones obsessed with race.
>
>Isaac Newton was not an Indian nor did he have any Indian ancestry.
>
>You and others that believe your degenerate woke lies are complete
>retards like the people who believed in the visibility of the Emperor's
>New Clothes.
>
>Don't insult my or anyone else's intelligence by taunting me to believe
>the woke lie that Isaac Newton was of Indian decent.
>

>> Personally I didn’t think Wild Blue Yonder was better entertainment overall
>> than The Star Beast, but that final delightful swan song for Bernard
>> Cribbins was pure gold and worth 2 points on its own.
>>
>> So 9/10 for me twice in a row. I don’t expect brilliance from Doctor Who so
>> I’m happy for it to be fun and coherent - factors that were somewhat
>> lacking in the Whittaker era.
>>
>> Capaldi’s run managed it in Series 10 but 8 and 9 largely lacked coherence.
>
>You must be joking. Capaldi's ratings went down toilet from Series 9
>onwards because of the hypocritical woke degeneracy they were filled with.
>
>> Almost nothing in the modern show, of course, has been as incoherent or
>> joyless as Sylvester McCoy’s TV tenure.
>>

>That is an insult. Jodie Whittaker's entire run was worse than anything
>in the Sylvester McCoy era due to her non-existent acting ability and
>complete miscasting.
>
>> Now I’m off to listen to “Audacity” so that I’m ready for the
>8th Doctor’s
>> new Christmas audio box set “In the Bleak Midwinter” which was released
>> today.
>>

>In the Bleak Midwinter is where Doctor Who is now. It died on Christmas
>Day 2017. The Timeless Child monster has destroyed everything. Whittaker
>could be endured. The Timeless Child monster can't. The Doctor is not
>Doomsday from DC Comics.

The Timelss Child needs to be purged fro mthe Doctor Who lore!

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Star Beast vs Wild Blue Yonder

<ul700r$35i3m$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3910&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3910

Followup: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom,can.arts.sf
From: weberm@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.tv,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom,can.arts.sf
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 04:30:42 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 11 Dec 2023 09:30 UTC

In article <uko9rf$e3cd$1@dont-email.me>, agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM wrote:
> On 05/12/2023 18:17, Squealer wrote:
>> The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:

>>> IYIO.
>>
>> The Star Beast was familiar RTD territory - other than the need to resolve
>> the Doctor-Donna problem, it was an absolutely typical RTD fluff special
>> episode. Fun but not deep. It just won bonus points by comparison with
>> most of the past few years.
>>
>> Wild Blue Yonder was /different/. Not brilliant and not given enough plot
>> to fill its hour - but it was science fiction. When was tha last time
>> Doctor Who had an episode built around a single, genuinely SF concept?
>> Aggie should have been applauding from the sidelines, but sadly his
>> fascistic obsession with race and colour over a marginal cameo led him off
>> into an insane rant of “woke degeneracy”.
>
>So claims Squealer the epitome of the Nazi chief propagandist Joseph
>Goebbels.

Goodwin's Law violation noted. get back to us when you have a real argument
to make.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Star Beast vs Wild Blue Yonder

<ul79bq$10a4$1@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=3912&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#3912

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom,can.arts.sf,rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 15:20:26 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Mon, 11 Dec 2023 15:20 UTC

In article <ul700r$35i3m$3@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>In article <uko9rf$e3cd$1@dont-email.me>, agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM wrote:

>>> The Star Beast was familiar RTD territory - other than the need to resolve
>>> the Doctor-Donna problem, it was an absolutely typical RTD fluff special
>>> episode. Fun but not deep. It just won bonus points by comparison with
>>> most of the past few years.
>>>
>>> Wild Blue Yonder was /different/. Not brilliant and not given enough plot
>>> to fill its hour - but it was science fiction. When was tha last time
>>> Doctor Who had an episode built around a single, genuinely SF concept?
>>> Aggie should have been applauding from the sidelines, but sadly his
>>> fascistic obsession with race and colour over a marginal cameo led him off
>>> into an insane rant of “woke degeneracy”.
>>
>>So claims Squealer the epitome of the Nazi chief propagandist Joseph
>>Goebbels.
>
>Goodwin's Law violation noted. get back to us when you have a real argument
>to make.

I Goodwin you Ubi!

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca