From: kfl@KeithLynch.net (Keith F. Lynch)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.fandom
Subject: Good riddance to bad rubbish
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 23:11:10 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Keith F. Lynch - Sun, 21 Jan 2024 23:11 UTC

Today marks 100 years since the death of Vladimir Lenin. The man
so bad that it took his successor, Stalin, to make him look good
in comparison.

But at least he meant well. Or at least he meant something.
--
Keith F. Lynch - http://keithlynch.net/

Re: Good riddance to bad rubbish

<4e294c72-9221-640e-d78d-87663b4f8271@example.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=4196&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#4196

From: nospam@example.net (D)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.fandom
Subject: Re: Good riddance to bad rubbish
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 10:46:24 +0100
 by: D - Mon, 22 Jan 2024 09:46 UTC

On Sun, 21 Jan 2024, Keith F. Lynch wrote:

> Today marks 100 years since the death of Vladimir Lenin. The man
> so bad that it took his successor, Stalin, to make him look good
> in comparison.
>
> But at least he meant well. Or at least he meant something.

True! How will you celebrate? ;)

But the ghost never goes away. From time to time I meet people who are
Lenin fans, I see Cheguevara t-shirts on a lot of young people, so I think
there is a saying that each generation has to win their freedom anew, if
not risking to repeat historys mistakes.