From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,can.arts.sf,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom
Subject: Just looking up IMDB
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2024 15:39:17 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Fri, 2 Feb 2024 15:39 UTC

From https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0436992/episodes/?year=2023

S14.E0 o The Church on Ruby Road
Mon, Dec 25, 2023
Long ago on Christmas Eve, a baby was abandoned in the snow. Today, Ruby Sunday
meets the Doctor, stolen babies, goblins and perhaps the secret of her birth.
7.1/10 (5K)

David Tennant in The Star Beast (2023)
The Star Beast
Sat, Nov 25, 2023
The Doctor is caught in a fight to the death as a spaceship crash-lands in
London. But as the battle wreaks havoc, destiny is converging on the Doctor's
old friend, Donna.
7.0/10 (9.5K)

Catherine Tate and David Tennant in Wild Blue Yonder (2023)
Wild Blue Yonder
Sat, Dec 2, 2023
The TARDIS takes the Doctor and Donna to the furthest edge of adventure. To
escape, they must face the most desperate fight of their lives,
with the fate of the universe at stake.
8.2/10 (5.8K)

Neil Patrick Harris, Catherine Tate, and David Tennant in The Giggle (2023)
The Giggle
Sat, Dec 9, 2023
The giggle of a mysterious puppet is driving the human race insane. When the
Doctor discovers the return of the terrifying Toymaker, he faces a fight he can
never win.
8.3/10

All right 7.0 (8 for me) , 8.2 ( 5 for me) , 8.3 (8 for me)
and 7.1 (8 for me).

Are fans getting angry since the Timeless Chil wrecking ball?
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Just looking up IMDB

<nnd$04035253$46102331@5e291e6070148481>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=4230&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#4230

From: blueshirt@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Subject: Re: Just looking up IMDB
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2024 20:17:05 +0000
 by: Blueshirt - Fri, 2 Feb 2024 20:17 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> From https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0436992/episodes/?year=2023
>
> S14.E0 o The Church on Ruby Road
> Mon, Dec 25, 2023
> Long ago on Christmas Eve, a baby was abandoned in the snow. Today,
> Ruby Sunday meets the Doctor, stolen babies, goblins and perhaps
> the secret of her birth. 7.1/10 (5K)
>
> David Tennant in The Star Beast (2023)
> The Star Beast
> Sat, Nov 25, 2023
> The Doctor is caught in a fight to the death as a spaceship
> crash-lands in London. But as the battle wreaks havoc, destiny is
> converging on the Doctor's old friend, Donna.
> 7.0/10 (9.5K)
>
> Catherine Tate and David Tennant in Wild Blue Yonder (2023)
> Wild Blue Yonder
> Sat, Dec 2, 2023
> The TARDIS takes the Doctor and Donna to the furthest edge of
> adventure. To escape, they must face the most desperate fight of
> their lives, with the fate of the universe at stake.
> 8.2/10 (5.8K)
>

> Neil Patrick Harris, Catherine Tate, and David Tennant in The
> Giggle (2023) The Giggle
> Sat, Dec 9, 2023
> The giggle of a mysterious puppet is driving the human race insane.
> When the Doctor discovers the return of the terrifying Toymaker, he
> faces a fight he can never win.
> 8.3/10
>
> All right 7.0 (8 for me) , 8.2 ( 5 for me) , 8.3 (8 for me)
> and 7.1 (8 for me).
>
> Are fans getting angry since the Timeless Chil wrecking ball?

I don't know what point you are trying to make as the Timeless Child
era over Doctor Who has finished. "Doctor Who" in 2023 was a
different beast altogether.

However, online ratings on the IMDB website of (in broadcast order)
7/10 - 8.2/10 - 8.3/10 - 7.1/10 are not bad ratings at all. That
means those episodes of "Doctor Who" were generally well received.
That doesn't seem to me to be a sign of fans getting angry!!!

Re: Just looking up IMDB

<upjv2v$nqf$7@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=4231&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#4231

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2024 23:49:51 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Fri, 2 Feb 2024 23:49 UTC

In article <nnd$04035253$46102331@5e291e6070148481>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>The Doctor wrote:
>
>> From https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0436992/episodes/?year=2023
>>
>> S14.E0 o The Church on Ruby Road
>> Mon, Dec 25, 2023
>> Long ago on Christmas Eve, a baby was abandoned in the snow. Today,
>> Ruby Sunday meets the Doctor, stolen babies, goblins and perhaps
>> the secret of her birth. 7.1/10 (5K)
>>
>> David Tennant in The Star Beast (2023)
>> The Star Beast
>> Sat, Nov 25, 2023
>> The Doctor is caught in a fight to the death as a spaceship
>> crash-lands in London. But as the battle wreaks havoc, destiny is
>> converging on the Doctor's old friend, Donna.
>> 7.0/10 (9.5K)
>>
>> Catherine Tate and David Tennant in Wild Blue Yonder (2023)
>> Wild Blue Yonder
>> Sat, Dec 2, 2023
>> The TARDIS takes the Doctor and Donna to the furthest edge of
>> adventure. To escape, they must face the most desperate fight of
>> their lives, with the fate of the universe at stake.
>> 8.2/10 (5.8K)
>>

>> Neil Patrick Harris, Catherine Tate, and David Tennant in The
>> Giggle (2023) The Giggle
>> Sat, Dec 9, 2023
>> The giggle of a mysterious puppet is driving the human race insane.
>> When the Doctor discovers the return of the terrifying Toymaker, he
>> faces a fight he can never win.
>> 8.3/10
>>
>> All right 7.0 (8 for me) , 8.2 ( 5 for me) , 8.3 (8 for me)
>> and 7.1 (8 for me).
>>
>> Are fans getting angry since the Timeless Chil wrecking ball?
>
>I don't know what point you are trying to make as the Timeless Child
>era over Doctor Who has finished. "Doctor Who" in 2023 was a
>different beast altogether.
>
>However, online ratings on the IMDB website of (in broadcast order)
>7/10 - 8.2/10 - 8.3/10 - 7.1/10 are not bad ratings at all. That
>means those episodes of "Doctor Who" were generally well received.
>That doesn't seem to me to be a sign of fans getting angry!!!

For me Star Beast is way better then blue Yonder
and the Ncuti Christmas Episode should be higher.

What other platforms do you engage Dw fans on BS?
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Just looking up IMDB

<nnd$153fec95$02d9fcf6@f159c5cb5306c77c>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=4232&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#4232

From: blueshirt@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 00:12:09 +0000
 by: Blueshirt - Sat, 3 Feb 2024 00:12 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <nnd$04035253$46102331@5e291e6070148481>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> >
> > I don't know what point you are trying to make as the Timeless
> > Child era of Doctor Who has finished. "Doctor Who" in 2023 was a
> > different beast altogether.
> >
> > However, online ratings on the IMDB website of (in broadcast
> > order) 7/10 - 8.2/10 - 8.3/10 - 7.1/10 are not bad ratings at
> > all. That means those episodes of "Doctor Who" were generally
> > well received. That doesn't seem to me to be a sign of fans
> > getting angry!!!
>
> For me Star Beast is way better then blue Yonder
> and the Ncuti Christmas Episode should be higher.

Yes, I'd agree with that.

But the IMDB rating of 7.1/10 for the Christmas Day episode still
isn't bad.

> What other platforms do you engage Dw fans on BS?

A few less in recent weeks, hence I'm around here a bit more.

Since returning to Usenet a few years ago I find it a way more
relaxing place than toxic social media and online forums with idiot
moderators telling you what you can and can't say. I'm at an age
where I'll say what I want to say and people can agree, disagree or
block me.

Re: Just looking up IMDB

<upk4lm$u85$3@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=4233&group=rec.arts.sf.fandom#4233

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 01:25:10 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sat, 3 Feb 2024 01:25 UTC

In article <nnd$153fec95$02d9fcf6@f159c5cb5306c77c>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>The Doctor wrote:
>
>> In article <nnd$04035253$46102331@5e291e6070148481>,
>> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>> >
>> > I don't know what point you are trying to make as the Timeless
>> > Child era of Doctor Who has finished. "Doctor Who" in 2023 was a
>> > different beast altogether.
>> >
>> > However, online ratings on the IMDB website of (in broadcast
>> > order) 7/10 - 8.2/10 - 8.3/10 - 7.1/10 are not bad ratings at
>> > all. That means those episodes of "Doctor Who" were generally
>> > well received. That doesn't seem to me to be a sign of fans
>> > getting angry!!!
>>
>> For me Star Beast is way better then blue Yonder
>> and the Ncuti Christmas Episode should be higher.
>
>Yes, I'd agree with that.
>
>But the IMDB rating of 7.1/10 for the Christmas Day episode still
>isn't bad.
>
>> What other platforms do you engage Dw fans on BS?
>
>A few less in recent weeks, hence I'm around here a bit more.
>
>Since returning to Usenet a few years ago I find it a way more
>relaxing place than toxic social media and online forums with idiot
>moderators telling you what you can and can't say. I'm at an age
>where I'll say what I want to say and people can agree, disagree or
>block me.

So you say Usenet >>>>>>>>>>>>>> SM .
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca