From: letsrock@opbox.com (RWC)
Newsgroups: rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1950s
Subject: Fans of Agent Newsreader
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 11:53:55 -0500
 by: RWC - Sat, 10 Feb 2024 16:53 UTC

Norm K ("tried others but Agent is the best thing going")
Roger (happily used the free version for two decades)
Jim (full version)
Bruce J. ("...I like the ability to sort the columns")
Fosman ("Buy the full version... been using it for years now")
Mr. M {Martin} (full version)
Peneny (full version)
BroJack (free version)
John Wade (full version)
Marv Goldberg (free version)
Tom Simon (full version)
Mike Holcombe (full version
Gary Nichols (full version)

in early 2004 would you believe that Google Groups was in existence,
used by Bob, Rick, Mike (Scarlotti), PhillyGuy {Tom Blumenthal} and
Pete Grendysa

Rick later went on to adopting Agent

in early 2004, Microsoft's free Outlook Express (DianeE...) was
also popular, and AOL (Bruce...) was still used by 4+ members

Cathy D alone used Thoth (whatever that is :) which inter alia allowed
her to kill-file obnoxious posters

Re: Fans of Agent Newsreader

<F_NxN.313970$7sbb.248597@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=42716&group=rec.music.rock-pop-r%2Bb.1950s#42716

Subject: Re: Fans of Agent Newsreader
Newsgroups: rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1950s
From: stevemc209@sbcglobal.net (Steve Mc)
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 09:02:29 -0800
 by: Steve Mc - Sat, 10 Feb 2024 17:02 UTC

On 2/10/2024 8:53 AM, RWC wrote:
> Norm K ("tried others but Agent is the best thing going")
> Roger (happily used the free version for two decades)
> Jim (full version)
> Bruce J. ("...I like the ability to sort the columns")
> Fosman ("Buy the full version... been using it for years now")
> Mr. M {Martin} (full version)
> Peneny (full version)
> BroJack (free version)
> John Wade (full version)
> Marv Goldberg (free version)
> Tom Simon (full version)
> Mike Holcombe (full version
> Gary Nichols (full version)
>
> in early 2004 would you believe that Google Groups was in existence,
> used by Bob, Rick, Mike (Scarlotti), PhillyGuy {Tom Blumenthal} and
> Pete Grendysa
>
> Rick later went on to adopting Agent
>
> in early 2004, Microsoft's free Outlook Express (DianeE...) was
> also popular, and AOL (Bruce...) was still used by 4+ members
>
> Cathy D alone used Thoth (whatever that is :) which inter alia allowed
> her to kill-file obnoxious posters

I used Free Agent for years, but only for the binary download
capability. A couple of years ago, when I got a new PC, I upgraded to
Agent 8, but also still used only for binary downloads.

I also used Outlook Express which was nice, because you could use it for
both email and newsgroups.

--
Steve Mc

DNA to SBC to respond