Newsgroups: rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1950s
From: DianeE@NoSpam.net (DianeE)
Subject: Randy Sparks
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 14:31:57 -0500
 by: DianeE - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 19:31 UTC

Randy Sparks, founder of the New Christy Minstrels, has died at age 90.
They had a low-charting record in 1962 and two records on the charts in
1963 (plus other hits outside our era). More interesting is that former
members of the group include Steve Martin, Kenny Rogers, John Denver,
Barry McGuire, and Kim Carnes.

And a fun fact: Randy Sparks's real name was not Randall or Randolph,
but........Lloyd.

Re: Randy Sparks

<69f3382ea0391a9ad80373400f1d92d8@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=42888&group=rec.music.rock-pop-r%2Bb.1950s#42888

From: mariabus@blueyonder.co.uk (Roger)
Newsgroups: rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1950s
Subject: Re: Randy Sparks
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 20:47:41 +0000
 by: Roger - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 20:47 UTC

DianeE wrote:

> Randy Sparks, founder of the New Christy Minstrels, has died at age 90.
> They had a low-charting record in 1962 and two records on the charts in
> 1963 (plus other hits outside our era). More interesting is that former
> members of the group include Steve Martin, Kenny Rogers, John Denver,
> Barry McGuire, and Kim Carnes.

> And a fun fact: Randy Sparks's real name was not Randall or Randolph,
> but........Lloyd.

They were popular over here for a while in the mid-60's just scraping the UK charts with the comedic "Three Wheels On My Wagon"

Re: Randy Sparks

<OlvAN.47609$Wbff.19380@fx37.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=42892&group=rec.music.rock-pop-r%2Bb.1950s#42892

Newsgroups: rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1950s
From: DianeE@NoSpam.net (DianeE)
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 17:17:18 -0500
 by: DianeE - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 22:17 UTC

On 2/18/2024 3:47 PM, Roger wrote:
> DianeE wrote:
>
>> Randy Sparks, founder of the New Christy Minstrels, has died at age
>> 90. They had a low-charting record in 1962 and two records on the
>> charts in 1963 (plus other hits outside our era).  More interesting is
>> that former members of the group include Steve Martin, Kenny Rogers,
>> John Denver, Barry McGuire, and Kim Carnes.
>
>> And a fun fact: Randy Sparks's real name was not Randall or Randolph,
>> but........Lloyd.
>
> They were popular over here for a while in the mid-60's just scraping
> the UK charts with the comedic "Three Wheels On My Wagon"
Certainly not my cup of (very watery and heavily saccharined) tea, but
also undeniably the cradle of a lot of talent.