From: letsrock@opbox.com (RWC)
Newsgroups: rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1950s
Subject: Very OT: Rare but Interesting Trivia in TV Series' and in this Newsgroup
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 09:04:49 -0400
 by: RWC - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 13:04 UTC

For some reason I much enjoy learning/discovering such trivia.

For example:

in Rawhide, S3 E9 Incident of The Captive:
I/we learnt that young assistant cook Mushy's real name was
Harkness Mushgrove (when his spunky middle-aged mother came to visit)
(spunky = courageous and determined)

in The Office, S5 E1 Weight Loss (Part 1):
we indirectly learnt that Pam Beesly (the series' baby-faced,
girl-next-door Hottie receptionist) weighed 126 pounds
(actress Jenna Fischer was aged 31 to 39 during the series, but she
could have passed for 26 to 34 or younger?)

In one episode of "Murder, She Wrote" (CBS 1984-1996, not a big fan
but I've watched a few episodes) I learnt that for the main character
J(essica). B. Fletcher, mystery writer and amateur detective, played
by {Brit} Angela Lansbury, the B. stood for Beatrice.

(Lansbury was born to an upper-middle-class family in Central
London, the daughter of Irish actress Moyna Macgill from Belfast
and English politician Edgar Lansbury.

In Jan 2004, in this Newsgroup, Mike/Scarlotti informed us:

"at 6'1" I'm taller and longer limbed than the majority of the blacks
I know"

Re: Very OT: Rare but Interesting Trivia in TV Series' and in this Newsgroup

<dcd1120585d1a49e229e773828c39282@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=43622&group=rec.music.rock-pop-r%2Bb.1950s#43622

From: savoybg@aol.com (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1950s
Subject: Re: Very OT: Rare but Interesting Trivia in TV Series' and in this
Newsgroup
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 15:10:59 +0000
 by: Bruce - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 15:10 UTC

RWC wrote:

> For some reason I much enjoy learning/discovering such trivia.

> For example:

> in Rawhide, S3 E9 Incident of The Captive:
> I/we learnt that young assistant cook Mushy's real name was
> Harkness Mushgrove (when his spunky middle-aged mother came to visit)
> (spunky = courageous and determined)

> in The Office, S5 E1 Weight Loss (Part 1):
> we indirectly learnt that Pam Beesly (the series' baby-faced,
> girl-next-door Hottie receptionist) weighed 126 pounds
> (actress Jenna Fischer was aged 31 to 39 during the series, but she
> could have passed for 26 to 34 or younger?)

> In one episode of "Murder, She Wrote" (CBS 1984-1996, not a big fan
> but I've watched a few episodes) I learnt that for the main character
> J(essica). B. Fletcher, mystery writer and amateur detective, played
> by {Brit} Angela Lansbury, the B. stood for Beatrice.

> (Lansbury was born to an upper-middle-class family in Central
> London, the daughter of Irish actress Moyna Macgill from Belfast
> and English politician Edgar Lansbury.

> In Jan 2004, in this Newsgroup, Mike/Scarlotti informed us:

> "at 6'1" I'm taller and longer limbed than the majority of the blacks
> I know"

Key words, "I know." Scarlotti was not exactly hanging around with loads of black people.