The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

arts / rec.music.beatles / May Describes Life at the Santa Monica Beach House

SubjectAuthor
* May Describes Life at the Santa Monica Beach HouseNorbert K
`* Re: May Describes Life at the Santa Monica Beach HousePamela Brown
 `- Re: May Describes Life at the Santa Monica Beach HouseNorbert K

1
May Describes Life at the Santa Monica Beach House

<0e9190e1-82c5-4d72-b47d-1bacf178cfb8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5110&group=rec.music.beatles#5110

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 03:28:59 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: May Describes Life at the Santa Monica Beach House
From: norbertkosky69@gmail.com (Norbert K)
 by: Norbert K - Fri, 16 Jun 2023 10:28 UTC

No matter what John had told me beforehand, I was convinced that I was moving into an insane asylum. I discovered, however, that the inmates in our beach house may have been insane, but only at night. Stunned by the daylight, they remained calm and quiet until sundown. In the early evenings we would all head out to the studio and record until eleven or twelve. By midnight, Harry, Keith [Moon] and Ringo would be bursting with energy and they would set out for the Rainbow or On the Rox -- usually to straggle back just before sunrise.

John, however, did not go with them and therefore never allowed himself to get out of control. My life on the beach was much, much easier than I had ever expected it would be.

-- Quoted from Loving John

When I was living in CA. I had a great barber who was a rock music fan. He mentioned to me thar once, in the 70s, he had been drinking in a bar at the same time Keith Moon was there.

Re: May Describes Life at the Santa Monica Beach House

<db3a5cd9-60f1-4678-8e1a-f07eea2d3480n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5115&group=rec.music.beatles#5115

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 10:15:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: pamelajfk1@gmail.com (Pamela Brown)
 by: Pamela Brown - Fri, 16 Jun 2023 17:15 UTC

On Friday, June 16, 2023 at 5:29:01 AM UTC-5, Norbert K wrote:
> No matter what John had told me beforehand, I was convinced that I was moving into an insane asylum. I discovered, however, that the inmates in our beach house may have been insane, but only at night. Stunned by the daylight, they remained calm and quiet until sundown. In the early evenings we would all head out to the studio and record until eleven or twelve. By midnight, Harry, Keith [Moon] and Ringo would be bursting with energy and they would set out for the Rainbow or On the Rox -- usually to straggle back just before sunrise.
>
> John, however, did not go with them and therefore never allowed himself to get out of control. My life on the beach was much, much easier than I had ever expected it would be.
>
> -- Quoted from Loving John
>
> When I was living in CA. I had a great barber who was a rock music fan. He mentioned to me thar once, in the 70s, he had been drinking in a bar at the same time Keith Moon was there.

Thanks, Norbert.

I am pleasantly surprised at John's restraint.

So this was kind of a party house, not something rented specifically for John and May? Kind of ironic that there were so many ghosts...

Re: May Describes Life at the Santa Monica Beach House

<f67174c8-242b-456e-af86-9cd9817bcd24n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5117&group=rec.music.beatles#5117

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 11:10:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: norbertkosky69@gmail.com (Norbert K)
 by: Norbert K - Fri, 16 Jun 2023 18:10 UTC

On Friday, June 16, 2023 at 10:15:22 AM UTC-7, Pamela Brown wrote:
> On Friday, June 16, 2023 at 5:29:01 AM UTC-5, Norbert K wrote:
> > No matter what John had told me beforehand, I was convinced that I was moving into an insane asylum. I discovered, however, that the inmates in our beach house may have been insane, but only at night. Stunned by the daylight, they remained calm and quiet until sundown. In the early evenings we would all head out to the studio and record until eleven or twelve. By midnight, Harry, Keith [Moon] and Ringo would be bursting with energy and they would set out for the Rainbow or On the Rox -- usually to straggle back just before sunrise.
> >
> > John, however, did not go with them and therefore never allowed himself to get out of control. My life on the beach was much, much easier than I had ever expected it would be.
> >
> > -- Quoted from Loving John
> >
> > When I was living in CA. I had a great barber who was a rock music fan. He mentioned to me thar once, in the 70s, he had been drinking in a bar at the same time Keith Moon was there.
> Thanks, Norbert.
>
> I am pleasantly surprised at John's restraint.
>
> So this was kind of a party house, not something rented specifically for John and May? Kind of ironic that there were so many ghosts...

Yeah, and John immediately wanted to be shown the room where the Kennedies and Marilyn had had their flings. He said something to the effect of: "So this is the room, huh?" IIRC, it's the room he and May chose.

So it was John and May, Harry Nilsson and Una O'Keefe, Keith Moon, Ringo, Klaus Voorman and his girlfriend, and Ringo's business manager Hillary Gerard.

There was plenty of room for them all to judge from the pics I've seen of the place.

arts / rec.music.beatles / May Describes Life at the Santa Monica Beach House