All is well that ends well. -- John Heywood

arts / rec.music.indian.classical / Re: Anandrao Limaye

SubjectAuthor
* Anandrao LimayeVasudev Athalye
+* Anandrao LimayeA Kakirde
|`- Anandrao LimayeVasudev Athalye
`* Anandrao Limayenaniwadekar
 +- Anandrao Limayedh naniwadekar
 `- Anandrao Limayenaniwadekar

1
Re: Anandrao Limaye

<eb142ef7-861f-46e5-800b-a9e1a6b3e2f3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=505&group=rec.music.indian.classical#505

Newsgroups: rec.music.indian.classical
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 06:03:41 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Anandrao Limaye
From: vasudevathalye@gmail.com (Vasudev Athalye)
 by: Vasudev Athalye - Tue, 21 Jun 2022 13:03 UTC

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Anandrao Limaye

<95eec377-351f-45d3-bcca-76b588fb0c4en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=506&group=rec.music.indian.classical#506

Newsgroups: rec.music.indian.classical
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 06:34:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: askaneeshk@gmail.com (A Kakirde)
 by: A Kakirde - Tue, 21 Jun 2022 13:34 UTC

On Tuesday, June 21, 2022 at 9:03:45 AM UTC-4, Vasudev Athalye wrote:
> [...]
> > > into the musical mainstream after a period of 20 years. Fortunately,
> > > since the last 15 years, he has slowly regained some of his eyesight
> > > (after a couple of operations), and aided by his devoted shishyas,
> > > begun travelling again.
> > >
> > > Lately, despite his advancing age, Limayebua has been touring
> > > all over the country to sing. He has been recorded by the National
> > > Center for the Performing Arts (NCPA) national archives, and about 4
> > > years ago was interviewed on Doordarshan as one of the few male singers
> > > left in the Jaipur tradition. He has been felicitated by various
> > > organizations, and was recently invited by the the Sangeet Research
> > > Academy in Calcutta to record some of his rare "bandishes".

> > > Murali
> Would it be possible to share these recordings of Pt. Limaye Buwa on email or through whatsapp?
There are a few recordings on Ocean of Ragas and archive.org, if you want for easy access to listen to on your phone anywhere without using data.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Anandrao Limaye

<535357b2-2d99-450d-96ec-9b0a46ab0a58n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=507&group=rec.music.indian.classical#507

Newsgroups: rec.music.indian.classical
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 21:08:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: vasudevathalye@gmail.com (Vasudev Athalye)
 by: Vasudev Athalye - Wed, 22 Jun 2022 04:08 UTC

<f29a00b5-4dc0-4c70-9529-159fbaa3b9abn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=510&group=rec.music.indian.classical#510

Newsgroups: rec.music.indian.classical
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 21:32:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: nani3skip45@hotmail.com (naniwadekar)
 by: naniwadekar - Fri, 15 Jul 2022 04:32 UTC

On Tuesday, June 21, 2022, Vasudev Athalye wrote:

> Would it be possible to share these recordings of Pt. Limaye Buwa on email or through whatsapp?
> - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6P37AFC_q4

The program is in Marathi. Anand-rao Limaye (Limaye Buwa) is talking to Shriram Devasthali, in the presence of Baba Azizuddin Khan who was Bhurji Khan's son. The interview was probably telecast around 1985, just a guess. Check when Aurangabad hosted 27th Chitrapat Mahotsav (Film Festival) to find the exact year. The announcement before the program mentions the film गोष्ट धमाल नाम्याची, which is marked a 1984 film.

Deosthali-buwa does not utter a single non-Marathi word in the entire program. Limaye Buwa makes no fawning references to Baba, who was his guru of sorts, who is sitting right there. D-buwa begins his introduction by mentioning with a chuckle how Limaye buwa sang anavat Jaipur raags with consummate ease.

खट - तोडी
- विराट / वराटी ( मारवा , बिभास , भटियार)
- सुखिया बिलावल
हुसेनी कानडा
- परज
The raags sung by Limaye Buwa are mentioned in the note by the channel host..

- dn

Re: Anandrao Limaye

<01c48293-0f89-4901-8822-59cf9c63898an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=513&group=rec.music.indian.classical#513

Newsgroups: rec.music.indian.classical
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 16:26:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: dn.usenet@gmail.com (dh naniwadekar)
 by: dh naniwadekar - Mon, 18 Jul 2022 23:26 UTC

The first post in the thread, dated 1993, has this info : 'about 4 years
ago . . . was interviewed on Doordarshan as one of the few male
singers left in the Jaipur tradition' . This must be a reference to
the interview which is now available on youtube. So the interview
was recorded around 1989.

Limaye buwa's disciple Sudhir Pote is seen accompanying him. In
1990s, he was associated with Akhil Bhartiya Gandharva Mahavidyalaya
Mandal. Their office in Brahmanpuri area in Miraj had excellent music
collection. In the pre-internet days, many listeners used to visit the office
from far-off places.

This must be one of very few videos of Baba Aziduddin Khan in
existence. Some links of his talks with Shruti Sadolikar are
also available. Baba mentions that he could not practise as much
as he would have wished because of some health problems. But he
was clearly a great resource of Jaipur gayaki, and Limaye Buwa has
mentioned that he started learning some rare pieces from
Baba from 1986, by which time Limaye buwa himself was much
advanced in age, but that did not stop him from continuing to learn.

- dn

Re: Anandrao Limaye

<a43f296b-b739-47f3-be78-d1b3858a8953n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid