Virtue would go far if vanity did not keep it company. -- La Rochefoucauld

arts / rec.arts.movies.past-films / Re: "Brazil" (1985)

SubjectAuthor
* "Brazil" (1985)gggg gggg
`- "Brazil" (1985)artyw2@yahoo.com

1
Re: "Brazil" (1985)

<e6a3f9cd-d4af-4cb8-8334-3e37673fa3e2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5284&group=rec.arts.movies.past-films#5284

Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.past-films
Date: Sun, 28 May 2023 10:32:37 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: "Brazil" (1985)
From: ggggg9271@gmail.com (gggg gggg)
 by: gggg gggg - Sun, 28 May 2023 17:32 UTC

On Wednesday, January 22, 2020 at 3:22:44 AM UTC-8, ...@gmail.com wrote:
> http://www.tasteofcinema.com/2017/pulling-focus-brazil-1985/

According to Chatbot BARD:

The theme of the movie "Brazil" is the dangers of a totalitarian society. The film is set in a dystopian future where the government controls every aspect of people's lives. The protagonist, Sam Lowry, is a low-level government worker who becomes involved in a conspiracy to overthrow the government. As he gets closer to the truth, he is hunted by the Thought Police and eventually forced to flee into exile.

The film is a satire of the dangers of totalitarianism. It shows how a government can control people's thoughts and actions through surveillance, propaganda, and violence. It also shows how people can be manipulated into supporting a system that is ultimately destructive.

"Brazil" is a dark and disturbing film, but it is also a powerful warning about the dangers of totalitarianism. It is a film that everyone should see, especially in today's world, where there are many governments that are becoming increasingly authoritarian.

Here are some of the specific themes explored in the film:

The dangers of bureaucracy
The importance of individuality
The power of love
The futility of resistance

The film was a critical and commercial success, and it has been praised for its dark humor, its visual style, and its prescient warning about the dangers of totalitarianism. It is considered to be one of the greatest science fiction films ever made.

Re: "Brazil" (1985)

<4ae43b74-9d33-46e0-a1b4-01fdbeea4b50n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5292&group=rec.arts.movies.past-films#5292